• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

MooseSmuggler

#DeathToFascists
Noticed a few errors in the Smash 3DS section, particularly regarding character unlocks:
  • For Bowser Jr, it says to beat Classic with Bowser at difficulty 7.0, but it's actually 6.0.
  • For Falco, it says to just beat Classic. This is not the case. You have to beat Classic without using a continue.
  • For Ganondorf, it says to be beat Classic with BOWSER, but it's supposed to say Link.
  • Lucina has the same extra requirement that Falco does, beat Classic without a continue (using Marth, of course...that part is correct)
  • Ness only requires you beat Classic Mode once. The reason people were getting him on the second playthrough is that the game prioritizes Falco if you meet the conditions for both.

And for the record, Shulk's Final Smash is called Chain Attack.

Edit: Almost forgot, here's a source.

Gourgeist PotW Analysis

Error: Various typos-
Negatives
-Its Special stats just suck. 58 Special Attack when it has moves like Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball etc. at its disposal is just sad0

Seed Bomb is adecent STAB Grass-type move while the final move is a choice of yours. (Smashing Pumpkins set)

Despite it's[/U ] defensive stats it's still weak to common attacking moves like Ice Beam and Fire Blast. (Seeds of Despair set)

It is also destroyed by priority (especially of the aforementioned types) and Taunt, since it is basically full utility and it’s attacking properties aren’t that special. (Pre-Evolution Corner)

Even with these weaknesses and the fact that it is outclassed, Pumpkaboo still brings some very nice utility and presence and can be a very spooky edition to your team. (Pre-Evolution Corner)

I may have missed some mix-ups with its/it's as well as various other such errors, like missing punctuation where it ought to be and extra where it oughtn't. I know spelling/grammar mistakes don't really get posted here, but there are just so many on such a recent article that I thought it warranted some attention and revision. Some amount of that may just be formatting, with how I'm viewing the page. However, there is one straight-up error:

Error:
Pick Up: Has a 10% chance of finding and holding an item after battle. Will not work if this Pokémon is already holding an item. - No. Just no. Don't you dare even think of using this competitively. It's almost as useless as Illuminate

Pickup* was changed to have in-battle functionality. It allows for Gourgeist to pick up an item consumed by another Pokémon at the end of the turn in which it was consumed. While that doesn't really change much in the way of analysis, there are some gimmicks, particularly in Doubles/Triples, that are possible with this function. It warrants a mention at the very least.

There are a LOT of problems with this page, most of which are rather quickly apparent to your average reader. Methinks I ought to get more involved in the creation of these articles...

mbruno

This is actually on the forum index, but the description for the Pokemon X and Y section says "Discuss the upcoming games Pokémon X & Y here". The word upcoming needs to be removed, given how long X and Y have been out.:p

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Gourgeist PotW Analysis

Error: Various typos-
Negatives
-Its Special stats just suck. 58 Special Attack when it has moves like Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Energy Ball etc. at its disposal is just sad0

Seed Bomb is adecent STAB Grass-type move while the final move is a choice of yours. (Smashing Pumpkins set)

Despite it's[/U ] defensive stats it's still weak to common attacking moves like Ice Beam and Fire Blast. (Seeds of Despair set)

It is also destroyed by priority (especially of the aforementioned types) and Taunt, since it is basically full utility and it’s attacking properties aren’t that special. (Pre-Evolution Corner)

Even with these weaknesses and the fact that it is outclassed, Pumpkaboo still brings some very nice utility and presence and can be a very spooky edition to your team. (Pre-Evolution Corner)

I may have missed some mix-ups with its/it's as well as various other such errors, like missing punctuation where it ought to be and extra where it oughtn't. I know spelling/grammar mistakes don't really get posted here, but there are just so many on such a recent article that I thought it warranted some attention and revision. Some amount of that may just be formatting, with how I'm viewing the page. However, there is one straight-up error:

Error:
Pick Up: Has a 10% chance of finding and holding an item after battle. Will not work if this Pokémon is already holding an item. - No. Just no. Don't you dare even think of using this competitively. It's almost as useless as Illuminate

Pickup* was changed to have in-battle functionality. It allows for Gourgeist to pick up an item consumed by another Pokémon at the end of the turn in which it was consumed. While that doesn't really change much in the way of analysis, there are some gimmicks, particularly in Doubles/Triples, that are possible with this function. It warrants a mention at the very least.

There are a LOT of problems with this page, most of which are rather quickly apparent to your average reader. Methinks I ought to get more involved in the creation of these articles...

Fixed the grammar issues from the writers.

However, the point with PickUp still stands. Don't ever use it. The extra function listed is why it's almost as bad as Illuminate and not as bad as Illuminate, so I'm not changing that.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

mkdasher

I have found a few errors in the Pokerus page.

The chance of getting pokerus is 1/21,845.3 (3/65536), and not 1/21,178.6.

Also, the page says that in order to get pokerus, you have to battle / catch a wild Pokemon. This is an error I have found in most of the sites that talks about Pokerus, and it's not true.

You can also get Pokerus from a wild Pokemon battle if you run away, and you can get Pokerus from a trainer too! (Even if you black out).

Also, Pokerus is not a thing the wild Pokemon has, it's just a random event determined at the end of the battle. In fact, it can happen that you catch a Pokemon, then a Pokemon in your party gets infected by Pokerus, but the Pokemon you just caught isn't infected.

I talked a bit more about this on the "Past Pokémon Generations Discussion" section, in a thread called "Information about Pokerus (Some corrections about it)" (sorry I can't link it because I'm new to the site and I can add links to this post apparently.)

If I need to explain anything else, please tell me and I'll be happy to do it. Also I tested this on generation 3 and 4, and I know it's the same in gen 5 (others tested it). I can't tell if Pokerus works in the same way for gen 2 though.

Marsalevsky

Shiny Collector
Today lists the Pokemon of the week as Gourgeist, but it's the silhouette of Kingdra. The linked page is correct, but the home page entry is the place in mention.

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Last edited:

Rampharos

On the home page (14-11-2014) two of the news stories contain errors. The one about the Rayquaza template at says "Rayquzard Template Distribution".
Also the one on the same day for the Linoone event says that the distribution of QR codes for 3 special guests will begin and then lists 6 names rather than 3.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It should be noted that in addition to Secret Power and Dive, some TM lists have been altered for OR/AS, much like in B2/W2. These are;

Dazzling Gleam: Delphox.

Dark Pulse: Gothita, Gothorita, Gothitelle

Quash: Sableye

Sleep Talk: Spinda

Smack Down: Rhyhorn

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Serebii

Staff member
Admin

TurtwigAndSquirtle

I like turtles
Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It got that in X & Y, too. My algorithm seemed to detect it in both at least. Let me double check

Alright, my mistake then. But the alternate formes are still not present in the Pokédex and the moveset change list.