• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
That's a good question. The stuff in the database is there :s

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member

*Picachu&Pichu*

<- I want my milky!
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but I have a correction for the pokewalker page. After months of use, I've determined that a speech bubble with one of the listed pictures does guarantee watts or an item (unless the ! is for a wild pokemon joining you). There is a catch, however; there is one more speech bubble not listed there. It's a face with a flat mouth that looks very similar to the happy face. This bubble gives nothing.

gnsquared

Error: In the Gift Pokemon page in the Heart Gold/Soul Silver section, it says that the elders in the Dragon's Den give you a Dratini after you answer the questions. I tried dozens of times to talk to all three of the elders, and after the quiz is complete, all they do is mumble vaguely about Lugia, no free Dratini. No matter how often I talk to them, I never get a Dratini.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gift.shtml

Last edited:

mbruno

Error: In the Gift Pokemon page in the Heart Gold/Soul Silver section, it says that the elders in the Dragon's Den give you a Dratini after you answer the questions. I tried dozens of times to talk to all three of the elders, and after the quiz is complete, all they do is mumble vaguely about Lugia, no free Dratini. No matter how often I talk to them, I never get a Dratini.
Link: http://www.serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/gift.shtml

Leave the building with the elders, get the TM from Clair, then go back to the elders and get Dratini.

topika007

Mistake in Hidden Power calculation?

Link: http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

Here it says:
"Type= ((1 + A + D + S + X + Y)/ 4)mathfloor

Now add up the former variables:
Type= ((35)/ 4)mathfloor

Multiply 35 by 15:
Type= (525/63)mathfloor

And divide 525 by 63:
Type= (8.333)mathfloor"

I don't think that "÷4" should be there, as well as the "multiply by 15 and divide by 63 part". Either one should be included, not both. People might divide by 4 twice then.

Last edited:

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer
http://www.serebii.net/games/breed.shtml

"To start off, let's talk about the basics of breeding. When you get to Mauville City in Pokémon Ruby or Sapphire, go west from the city and the first thing you should see is a house with a man in between a fence to the left, in Diamond, Pearl & Platinum in Solaceon Town to the left and in Route 34 in HeartGold/SoulSilver there is a house. This is where you can breed."

There is no mention of where you can breed in FireRed and LeafGreen. Also, Emerald should be mentioned alongside Ruby and Sapphire.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Sort of a mistake, but did anyone else get a malware after clicking "enter site" on the main site?

(I did, gonna remove it with Norton now.)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I have double checked and the site has no malware on it. However, it's possible one piggybacked on the ad banner at the bottom, but the chances of that are ridiculously slim since those are google adverts

If it occurs again, let me know what the ad at the bottom is, and if possible, the site it links to. However, for the bottom ads, it's really tricky as they're in flash

Geodude

That's not a mistake. It's a simple type chart, doesn't factor in abilities, and is consistently done that way throughout the Pokedex. You don't see the multiplier changed for Filter or Solid Rock Pokemon either. Abilities aren't permanent fixtures, thanks to Mold Breaker and moves like Gastro Acid and Worry Seed.

For our Australian visitors, the Jirachi which unlocks the Pokéwalker course; Night Sky's Edge is to be given away this month in Australia.
This text in the newest update is poorly worded. That particular Jirachi is NOT the only one that unlocks that course, but that's the impression your update gives. Any Jirachi will do it. If people have a WISHMKR Jirachi for example, it works fine. I do, and it did.

Last edited:
This text in the newest update is poorly worded. That particular Jirachi is NOT the only one that unlocks that course, but that's the impression your update gives. Any Jirachi will do it. If people have a WISHMKR Jirachi for example, it works fine. I do, and it did.
Just for the record, the fact that any Jirachi at all works to unlock Night Sky's Edge was discovered only recently. For quite a long time, people were under the impression that Jirachi distributed at events like these were indeed the only ones that could unlock Night Sky's Edge. However, this recent discovery isn't common knowledge everywhere, and I highly doubt the event distributors in charge of these Australian events are 100% aware of this fact (****, most of these Jirachi distributions took place before the truth was discovered).

Nobody's blatantly wrong here. The fact that the "special" Jirachi is actually nothing special hasn't set in everywhere yet. And given that it's been discovered that even hacked Jirachi can unlock Night Sky's Edge, the advertising saying that the "special" Jirachi can unlock Night Sky's Edge technically isn't inaccurate...