• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Geodude

In the bio for Jessie, it says her Gourgeist used Bullet Seed. That's wrong, it was actually Seed Bomb. You'd think the Japanese name for Bullet Seed (tane machine gun) would be easily recognizable by now to anyone who regularly watches the Japanese episodes, since several Pokemon belonging to either the twerps or Team Rocket have used it.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
In the bio for Jessie, it says her Gourgeist used Bullet Seed. That's wrong, it was actually Seed Bomb. You'd think the Japanese name for Bullet Seed (tane machine gun) would be easily recognizable by now to anyone who regularly watches the Japanese episodes, since several Pokemon belonging to either the twerps or Team Rocket have used it.

You'd think someone who was previously a staff member would be able to communicate an error with tact.

Luster Purge

not enough space h--
Well, I'm not waiting until I have 10 posts, so I'll post this now and update it later, maybe.

Anyway, this page (/games/geniball.shtml) of serebii needs to be updated. It lists all of the balls each Pokemon can be in, but it neglects to include any Friend Safari info, particularly for starters. The following Pokemon can be caught in the Friend Safari at level 30, and be caught in any ball available in X/Y, therefore allowing them to pass down said ball (Except Master balls)

Ok I am NOT listing everything here, but here are the ones i thought were important

Starters:
  • Charmeleon
  • Braixen
  • Wartortle
  • Frogadier
  • Ivysaur
  • Chilladin

Some others
  • Larvesta
  • Chansey
  • Spiritomb
  • Togepi
Thanks!

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Well, I'm not waiting until I have 10 posts, so I'll post this now and update it later, maybe.

Anyway, this page (/games/geniball.shtml) of serebii needs to be updated. It lists all of the balls each Pokemon can be in, but it neglects to include any Friend Safari info, particularly for starters. The following Pokemon can be caught in the Friend Safari at level 30, and be caught in any ball available in X/Y, therefore allowing them to pass down said ball (Except Master balls)

Ok I am NOT listing everything here, but here are the ones i thought were important

Starters:
  • Charmeleon
  • Braixen
  • Wartortle
  • Frogadier
  • Ivysaur
  • Chilladin

Some others
  • Larvesta
  • Chansey
  • Spiritomb
  • Togepi
Thanks!

That's because those Pokémon can be in the ball at lower levels and so there's no logical reason to list it. Some of the ones you also list like Larvesta which are base forms do list it, too.

There's no error.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
The current news is written;
"The TV Tokyo site has released another new episode titles for episode an episode set to air in Japan on September 10th, following another 1 week hiatus on September 3rd"

It should be

"The TV Tokyo site has released another new episode title for an episode set to air in Japan on September 10th, following another 1 week hiatus on September 3rd"

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Luster Purge

not enough space h--
That's because those Pokémon can be in the ball at lower levels and so there's no logical reason to list it. Some of the ones you also list like Larvesta which are base forms do list it, too.

There's no error.

Ah, okay. I just thought that it'd be easier to catch an Ivysaur in an Ultra Ball in the Friend Safari than it would be to get one from the event listed on the page.
Also, my apologies about the others, I guess I wasn't looking close enough.

EDIT: I did find a mistake on this page though (/xy/hiddenability.shtml)

At the bottom, in the Hidden Abilities Through Transfer section, the Ability and Type columns are switched. Instead of the Ability column listing the Pokemon's ability, it shows its types. It's correct in the main section, though.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
http://www.serebii.net/shuffle/events.shtml

At the Daily Challenges section, at the 'Meowth's Coin Mania' and the 'Exp. Points from Victini!' information, the years of the date of the distribution periods are wrong. It should be 2015 instead of 2014.

matt_a

Sceptile Enthusiast
Sorry I don't intend on using the forums much, just this. Any 10 posts I make would just be spam.

/pokearth/hoenn/3rd/route109.shtml#trainers-em

Pokearth says that Emarald's Sailor Dwayne has an Ivysaur instead of a level 11 Tentacool and Fisherman Carter's Tentacruel is level 5 instead of 25.

/pokearth/hoenn/abandonedship.shtml

There's no trainer data here and the type images are broken. Might be me but I doubt it. This page also needs to be split into ORAS and RSE

Last thing, spacing/alignment of trainer Pokemon is weird on a bunch Gen 3 Hoenn Pokearth pages.

Last edited:

matt_a

Sceptile Enthusiast
/rubysapphire/ There are 2 links to the abilities page.

/emerald/pickup.shtml No links or names for any of the items. Maybe that's on purpose but then how do you know what TMs those are. If it's any of that type it should say that.

/emerald/box.shtml It says there's only one wallpaper, you can have any combination of wallpaper aspects with the right code. I suppose you're just talking about official ones though.

I guess this is what you would call overwhelming. I'll lay off for a while.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
/rubysapphire/ There are 2 links to the abilities page.

/emerald/pickup.shtml No links or names for any of the items. Maybe that's on purpose but then how do you know what TMs those are. If it's any of that type it should say that.

/emerald/box.shtml It says there's only one wallpaper, you can have any combination of wallpaper aspects with the right code. I suppose you're just talking about official ones though.

I guess this is what you would call overwhelming. I'll lay off for a while.

Emerald page is to be redone soon, don't worry.

Fixed the rest. As for "spacing", I need examples. Also, Abandoned Ship doesn't need separation for ORAS and RS because it's not in ORAS

matt_a

Sceptile Enthusiast
Fixed the rest. As for "spacing", I need examples. Also, Abandoned Ship doesn't need separation for ORAS and RS because it's not in ORAS

I don't play ORAS much, I always forget its not called that anymore. /pokearth/hoenn/3rd/route109.shtml#trainers-rs has plenty of weird spacing examples. Sailor Huey's Machop is the only Pokemon on his team and it has a bunch of side padding. The very next trainer also has 1 Pokemon and is all the way on the right. The box around Pokemon's levels is also a bit too tall. Additionally, I have yet to see a correctly labeled double battle in gen 3 Hoenn. On this page it's Young Couple Mel & Paul.

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
I don't play ORAS much, I always forget its not called that anymore. /pokearth/hoenn/3rd/route109.shtml#trainers-rs has plenty of weird spacing examples. Sailor Huey's Machop is the only Pokemon on his team and it has a bunch of side padding. The very next trainer also has 1 Pokemon and is all the way on the right. The box around Pokemon's levels is also a bit too tall. Additionally, I have yet to see a correctly labeled double battle in gen 3 Hoenn. On this page it's Young Couple Mel & Paul.

Hmm, what browser are you on? It all looks fine on mine.