• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

HeroOfWar

Error: The 2016 pokemon event. It says Mew will be available at toys'r'us in sweden. It's actually BR-toys.

Source: nintendo.se/arkivet/promotions/pokemon20

I also went to both stores myself and verified it.

I don't know the case of the other nordic countries.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I saw a few errors when I wanted to look at random pages of the Itemdex.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/favormail.shtml
Selecting Favor Mail gave me a broken link.

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/contestpass.shtml
The Contest Pass is weird on listing which games it's in. Ruby and Sapphire, games you're supposed to get them in, aren't marked. Diamond and Pearl are marked and I guess that's because it's programmed into those, but other games it's programmed into aren't marked. I haven't played Crystal, but are you sure it's in that one?

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/bluescarf.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/redscarf.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/greenscarf.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/yellowscarf.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/pinkscarf.shtml
These scarves don't say where to get them in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald

http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/bicycle.shtml
Shouldn't X and Y be marked and say where to get it?

Zyst

Discussed this with someone else in a pursuit of finding out what moves are going to again be available to modern Pokemon thanks to RBY and Bank compatibility.

There are some TMs for Kabuto and Omanyte that are only listed here on Serebii and not other resources like Bulbapedia or Veekun. Can anyone validate that Kabuto can learn Mega Kick (TM05), Seismic Toss (TM19), Swords Dance (TM03), and Hyper Beam (TM15)? And for Omanyte, can anyone validate Seismic Toss and Hyper Beam?

Additionally, can anyone verify that Articuno can learn Thunder Wave (TM45)?

Finally, Bulbapedia (on the Self-Destruct entry) and Veekun (on the Mew dex entry) allow Mew to learn Self-Destruct through XD:GoD. This is not listed on either Serebii's Mew Pokedex for Generation III (nor Gen VI transfer-only moves) nor the Self-Destruct attackdex (Gen III).

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Edit: Additionally, can anyone vet these Pokemon as able to learn Hyper Beam (TM15) in Generation I?

Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Cubone, Koffing, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, (Omanyte, and Kabuto)?

Last edited:

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Discussed this with someone else in a pursuit of finding out what moves are going to again be available to modern Pokemon thanks to RBY and Bank compatibility.

There are some TMs for Kabuto and Omanyte that are only listed here on Serebii and not other resources like Bulbapedia or Veekun. Can anyone validate that Kabuto can learn Mega Kick (TM05), Seismic Toss (TM19), Swords Dance (TM03), and Hyper Beam (TM15)? And for Omanyte, can anyone validate Seismic Toss and Hyper Beam?

Additionally, can anyone verify that Articuno can learn Thunder Wave (TM45)?

Finally, Bulbapedia (on the Self-Destruct entry) and Veekun (on the Mew dex entry) allow Mew to learn Self-Destruct through XD:GoD. This is not listed on either Serebii's Mew Pokedex for Generation III (nor Gen VI transfer-only moves) nor the Self-Destruct attackdex (Gen III).

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this!

Edit: Additionally, can anyone vet these Pokemon as able to learn Hyper Beam (TM15) in Generation I?

Doduo, Seel, Grimer, Drowzee, Krabby, Voltorb, Cubone, Koffing, Horsea, Goldeen, Staryu, (Omanyte, and Kabuto)?

There was a bit of a glitch in the compiling of our TM database for RB. I'll fix.

Zyst

Thanks Serebii for the fixes. One thing that I noticed that wasn't changed (though every other TM issue I brought up was) is for Hyper Beam on Doduo. Can you verify that that wasn't skipped over in your fixes?

A different issue, which may just be a design issue (so this may turn into more of a suggestion for than a mistake on the site), is that the attackdex (third gen) does not include any of the XD:GoD move tutor attacks as found at the /xd/move-tutor.shtml page A good example of that is the nightmare page. /attackdex/nightmare.shtml lists only four Pokemon as capable of learning it. However the Bulbapedia page (no link cause I'm not certain on the forum rules with links outside of serebii) for Nightmare has a section on "By Move Tutor" which includes a lot of pokemon.

I don't know if XD:GoD attacks are legal when transported up through the generations, but it would be nice to see these in the lists on the more recent pokedexes for transfer-only moves, if they are allowed through.

Again, thanks for the fixes and any consideration you put forth to including XD tutor moves on individual pokedexes.

Zyst

Thanks for creating the attackdex-rby set of pages (I think those are new at least, and I trust that they reflect the /pokedex/ entries). I ran through the list of Pokemon that can learn moves by TM/HM in comparison to Bulbapedia by counting the number of entries in each list. If there was a discrepancy, I looked into what the differences were. If there was no discrepancy in number, that attack is not included in the list below. However, if each list had the same number of entries that the other did not have, then I wouldn't have caught that.

It is implied that when there's "X says" then the other site doesn't agree and omits that information.

Serebii says Kabuto can learn Razor Wind. (In other words, Bulbapedia says Kabuto cannot learn it.)
Bulbapedia says Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam can learn Mega Punch.
Serebii says Golem can learn Mega Punch.
Bulbapedia says Nidoran♂ can learn Horn Drill.
Serebii says Horsea, Seadra, Omanyte, and Dratini can learn Horn Drill.
Serebii says Rhyhorn can learn Body Slam.
Bulbapedia says Koffing and Weezing can learn Take Down.
Bulbapedia says Krabby and Kingler can learn Double-Edge.
Serebii says Lickitung can learn Pay Day.
Bulbapedia says Mewtwo can learn Pay Day only in Red and Blue (and Green). Serebii omits Pay Day from Mewtwo's list completely.
Serebii says Omanyte and Kabuto can learn Submission.
Bulbapedia says Voltorb and Electrode can learn Rage.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Earthquake.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Fissure.
Serebii says Onix, Rhyhorn, and Rhydon can learn Teleport.
Bulbapedia says Farfetch'd can learn Reflect.
Bulbapedia says Farfetch'd can learn Bide.
Serebii says Gastly, Haunter, Krabby, Kingler, Omanyte, and Kabuto can learn Skull Bash.
Bulbapedia says Onix and Electrode can learn Skull Bash.
Bulbapedia says Articuno can learn Sky Attack.
Bulbapedia says Seel, Dewgong, and Tauros can learn Rest.
Bulbapedia says Seel, Dewgong, and Moltres can learn Substitute.
Bulbapedia says Diglett, Dugtrio, and Kabutops learn Cut only in Yellow.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Fly only in Yellow.
Bulbapedia says Pinsir can learn Strength.
Bulbapedia says Butterfree, Venonat, and Venomoth learn Flash only in Yellow.

Serebii

Staff member
Admin
Thanks for creating the attackdex-rby set of pages (I think those are new at least, and I trust that they reflect the /pokedex/ entries). I ran through the list of Pokemon that can learn moves by TM/HM in comparison to Bulbapedia by counting the number of entries in each list. If there was a discrepancy, I looked into what the differences were. If there was no discrepancy in number, that attack is not included in the list below. However, if each list had the same number of entries that the other did not have, then I wouldn't have caught that.

It is implied that when there's "X says" then the other site doesn't agree and omits that information.

Serebii says Kabuto can learn Razor Wind. (In other words, Bulbapedia says Kabuto cannot learn it.)
Bulbapedia says Abra, Kadabra, Alakazam can learn Mega Punch.
Serebii says Golem can learn Mega Punch.
Bulbapedia says Nidoran♂ can learn Horn Drill.
Serebii says Horsea, Seadra, Omanyte, and Dratini can learn Horn Drill.
Serebii says Rhyhorn can learn Body Slam.
Bulbapedia says Koffing and Weezing can learn Take Down.
Bulbapedia says Krabby and Kingler can learn Double-Edge.
Serebii says Lickitung can learn Pay Day.
Bulbapedia says Mewtwo can learn Pay Day only in Red and Blue (and Green). Serebii omits Pay Day from Mewtwo's list completely.
Serebii says Omanyte and Kabuto can learn Submission.
Bulbapedia says Voltorb and Electrode can learn Rage.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Earthquake.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Fissure.
Serebii says Onix, Rhyhorn, and Rhydon can learn Teleport.
Bulbapedia says Farfetch'd can learn Reflect.
Bulbapedia says Farfetch'd can learn Bide.
Serebii says Gastly, Haunter, Krabby, Kingler, Omanyte, and Kabuto can learn Skull Bash.
Bulbapedia says Onix and Electrode can learn Skull Bash.
Bulbapedia says Articuno can learn Sky Attack.
Bulbapedia says Seel, Dewgong, and Tauros can learn Rest.
Bulbapedia says Seel, Dewgong, and Moltres can learn Substitute.
Bulbapedia says Diglett, Dugtrio, and Kabutops learn Cut only in Yellow.
Bulbapedia says Charizard can learn Fly only in Yellow.
Bulbapedia says Pinsir can learn Strength.
Bulbapedia says Butterfree, Venonat, and Venomoth learn Flash only in Yellow.

Gone through and double checked. Some errors were on my side, some on theirs

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Zyst

serebii.net/fireredleafgreen/unobtainable.shtml

Not sure if Mareep is supposed to be on this list. Its evolutions are included.

Edit: Pineco is not on the list while Forretress is. Scizor is on the list when Scyther is not (I don't think Scizor should be on there; he should be obtainable in FRLG. I may be wrong though). And Houndour is not on the list, while Houndoom is. Teddiursa is not on the list, while Ursaring is.

I'm not sure which way the list should be fixed, but I would imagine that entire evolutionary families should either be completely included or omitted, except for Umbreon/Espeon due to time-based evolution.

Last edited: