• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes on Serebii.net V2

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Did you do an online Adventure?

I might have. Most likely. lol

The thing is, I've yet to get any other Sword exclusive than Groudon, and I set up that initial adventure myself.

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer
The thing is, I've yet to get any other Sword exclusive than Groudon, and I set up that initial adventure myself.
I did some local multiplayer raids. In one of them, Xerneas showed up even though the "host" raid was Shield. It looks like Dynamax Adventures picks from the pools of all participants unless someone picked a specific path.

I found Magmortar wandering today in Frigid Sea during overcast weather. The Serebii Pokédex claims it's only available in intense sun.
Were you in a nearby sunny area when it spawned? If there's one thing I've learned about Wild Area, Isle of Armor, and Crown Tundra Pokémon spawning, it's that the weather taken into account is the weather that the player is in, not the weather that the wild Pokémon should be in. Moving to the proper location to trigger a weather change will not change what the Pokémon is unless you walk far enough away to despawn it and then go back to where the wild Pokémon was.

Anyway, I've discovered a couple errors.

Every single Pokémon picture and name on this page links to their Gen 7 Pokédex page. I know this page was originally constructed when the Expansion Pass was first announced, so Gen 8 Pokédex pages for these Pokémon didn't even exist at the time. However, now that Gen 8 Pokédex pages exist, this can be considered an error and should be corrected.

This page says that Dragonite learns Outrage at Level 41. If this is true (and it likely is since all other sites I checked say the exact same thing), then this is likely a mistake on the part of the developers, since Dragonair learns Outrage at Level 67. The mistake here is that Outrage is listed after Safeguard (learned at Level 46), Rain Dance (learned at Level 53), and Dragon Dance (learned at Level 62).

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
This page says that Dragonite learns Outrage at Level 41. If this is true (and it likely is since all other sites I checked say the exact same thing), then this is likely a mistake on the part of the developers, since Dragonair learns Outrage at Level 67. The mistake here is that Outrage is listed after Safeguard (learned at Level 46), Rain Dance (learned at Level 53), and Dragon Dance (learned at Level 62).
I remember Serebii mentioning something about this, and I think he said it was likely a developer oversight.

Bradevitica

Hi,
I spotted a few minor counting errors and want to report them:

Error: Headline "In the Games Department" - Coverage Day is 3, should be 4
Link: https://www.serebii.net/news/2020/26-October-2020.shtml

Error: Headline "In the Games Department" - Coverage Day 3, should be 5
Link:
Error: Main Headline - Coverage Day 5, should be 6
Link:
Error: Headline "In the Games Department" - Coverage Day 6, should be 7
Link:
Btw, great work! I visit your site on a daily basis, so keep it up :)

So I was trying to get a Drampa in order to complete my Dex and according to Drampa's main page it can be encountered in Max Raid battles in Rolling Fields' Den 37

So I was keep spamming Wishing Pieces there in order to get it.

Although I was encountering some other random Pokemon not listed in the Den's page like Gigantamax Butterfree, Shuckle and Villeplume. Is the Pokemon listing in the Den's page wrong or what?

Thanks!

edit: Same raid encounters in Axew's Eye's Den.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
So I was trying to get a Drampa in order to complete my Dex and according to Drampa's main page it can be encountered in Max Raid battles in Rolling Fields' Den 37

Although I was encountering some other random Pokemon not listed in the Den's page like Gigantamax Butterfree, Shuckle and Villeplume. Is the Pokemon listing in the Den's page wrong or what?

Thanks!

Are you playing Sword or Shield? Drampa raids spawn only in the Shield version.

stringydringy

Shiny Hunter
I was playing Pokémon Dream Radar, and in the Pokémon listings it states that Togepi can be obtained in Pink and Blue orb levels. This is not true, Togepi only appears on Green Orb levels, I've tested it and confirmed it and Smogon's guide supports this.

I know it's an old page, but I was misled by it just now.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
The Pokémon of the Week lists Destiny Knot as one of the moves Sharpedo can use. I'm guessing this is supposed to be Destiny Bond.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Thanks!

Those are the current Event Raids. Event raids can appear at any den

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/maxraidbattles/eventden-november2020.shtml

Man, oh MAN! Where do I begin with this site's coverage of Pokémon Masters EX?

• The "Moves" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... lists Slash as a ground-type attack. It's a normal-type attack that only becomes ground-type on Cynthia and Mega Garchomp because they gain the Ground Shift Passive skill, which turns their normal-type moves into ground-type ones, on Garchomp's Mega Evolution.
      • A corollary to this is that Slash is normal-type on the main character and Meowth/Persian (in any role), so Meowth's and Persian's sections in the main character's page (of the Pokémon Masters EX area) should state that.
    • ... fails to accommodate for Pokémon moves that only use MP (e.g., Accelerock, Bullet Punch, Aqua Jet, Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, and Fly) or use both MP and move gauge (e.g., Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Hail, Sandstorm, King's Shield, Light Screen, Reflect, and Defog). The page's table for Pokémon moves needs a new column that lists how much MP these moves use.
      • A corollary to this is that each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions any of these moves must provide similar accommodations.
    • ... needs to state that Bug Buzz has 99-118 BP, Electroweb has 39-46 BP, Eruption has 135-162 BP, First Impression has 200-240 BP, and both Vine Whip and Water Gun have 20-24 BP.
      • Each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions any of these moves must acknowledge these facts, too.
    • ... mistakenly states that Vine Whip uses two move slots when it really uses one.
      • Each Pokémon's section in each sync pair's page that mentions Vine Whip must acknowledge this as well.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, hide Behemoth Blade and its details until after the Pokémon Masters EX staff officially reveals them both. Just because Gloria and Zacian must have that attack and one might be able to see that attack in their trailer does NOT mean that Pokémon Masters EX staff officially revealed Behemoth Blade or its details, yet! That will only happen after the pair gets released. Some people want to avoid data-mined information before they're officially revealed, and exposing unrevealed moves like any other move does them zero favors. If people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • The "Passive Skills" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... lists the Ground Shift skill twice.
    • ... doesn't list Cynthia and Mega Garchomp as carriers of the Ground Shift skill or Glacia and Mega Glalie as carriers of the Last Word skill.
      • Mega Garchomp's and Mega Glalie's sections in Cynthia's and Glacia's pages (of the Pokémon Masters EX area) also don't show these facts, respectively.
    • ... should change a certain link's name from "Leaf & Venusaur (Female)" to "Leaf & Venusaur" to remove a needless detail.
    • ... should change the names of links of all sync pairs with Mega-Evolved Pokémon in the following way as an example: from "Leaf & Venusaur (Mega Venusaur)" to "Leaf & Mega Venusaur." This way, the link only specifies Sygna Suit Leaf and Mega Venusaur instead of also implying Sygna Suit Leaf and regular Venusaur due to how parentheses work.
    • ... needs to sort newly added Passive skills in alphabetical order for consistency with other skills.
    • ... should specify a sync pair's role if there are multiple versions of that sync pair and they neither use Mega Evolution nor have their moves changed after using sync moves. For example, please specify that the main character and Blastoise-Tech get access to the Racing Rain 2 skill. This page currently implies that all versions of the main character and Blastoise have that Passive skill, which is false.
    • ... must have each sync pair's link lead directly to the mentioned Pokémon's section of that sync pair's page. For examples, a link to the main Character and Machamp-Strike should go directly to Machamp-Strike's section in the main character's page, and a link to Jasmine and Mega Steelix should go directly to Mega Steelix's section in Jasmine's page.
    • ... most remove the row that lists all sync pairs without listing any Passive skill or skill description. That row's useless, and it only makes navigating the table harder.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, hide Flying Shift skill and its user until after the Pokémon Masters EX staff officially reveals them both, which will be after Skyla (Holiday 2020) and Togekiss get released for play! Again, if people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • The "Trainer" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ...should list separate all Sygna Suit and seasonal variants of trainers from their original counterparts. For example, have one row for Elesa and Zebstrika and another for Sygna Suit Elesa and Rotom nearby. This way, this table stops misinforming readers that all versions of Elesa play strike roles and that all versions of Siebold are available at 4★, and people can see what each trainer's alternate version looks like (if officially revealed—more on that soon).
      • Have six rows for the main character. The first one is the main character and Pikachu, the second one is the main character and Torchic, and the third one is the main character and Solgaleo.
        • The fourth row should say the word Support in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all support variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
        • The fifth row should say the word Tech in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all tech variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
        • The six row should say the word Strike in the main character's "Role" cell, and its "Pokémon " cell should list all strike variants of Pokémon available through eggs.
    • ... NEEDS to hide ALL data-mined information except officially revealed ones! For example, it can show Skyla (Holiday 2020) and her portrait because the Pokémon Masters EX game's staff officially revealed both, but her role and partner Pokémon must stay hidden for now because the Pokémon Masters EX game's staff didn't officially reveal those details yet. This allows people whom are avoiding data-mined spoilers/"rumors" to use this website to do research on the Pokémon Masters EX game with less fear or risk, which will give this website one more advantage over Gamepress. If people want to see the data-mined information, they can just click the hidden parts.
  • If a sync pair's page of the Pokémon Masters EX area would contain some information that's officially revealed and some that's not, such as Skyla's page (as of the time that this message was posted), that page also NEEDS to hide ALL of the latter except officially revealed ones! Serebii's Pokémon Masters EX committee must give more respect to people avoiding data-mined information.
  • Not all nodes of sync grids are available starting at either at Move Level 1 or Move Level 3. Some are available starting at Move Level 2; please acknowledge that and accordingly alter all sync grids in certain sync pairs' pages of the Pokémon Masters EX area.
  • The "Main Character" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... needs group the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle lines that have the Power Reserves 2 Passive skill just above the rest of the Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle lines, respectfully. This way, the anchors for the each Kanto starter leads to all variants of that starter's line, and navigators no longer have to search manually for Support and Tech variants of that starter's line.
    • ... must fix its anchor's link of Pikachu.
  • In Erika's page of the Pokémon Masters EX area, Erika (Holiday 2020) and Comfey's Lei Up move targets all allies. Its description even implies that. Please change the move's target-type accordingly. (Seriously, considering that said description's every sentence has the phrase "all allied sync pairs" and never mentions the user specifically, how the heck did the Pokémon Masters EX committee interpret the move's target-type as "Self"?)
  • The "[6★] EX" page of the Pokémon Masters EX area...
    • ... needs to list affected trainers as sync pairs instead to specify whether Steven and (Mega) Metagross, Steven (Summer 2020) and Alolan Sandslash, or both pairs can be raised to 6★ EX. Its table's title should change from "List of 6 Star EX Trainers" to "List of 6★ EX Sync Pairs" to accommodate for this fix.
      • This applies to the following sync pairs: Acerola (Fall 2020) and Mimikyu, Sygna Suit Blue and Blastoise, Cynthia and Garchomp, Elesa and Zebstrika, Erika (Holiday 2020) and Comfey, Sygna Suit Grimsley and Sharpedo, Hilbert (Fall 2020) and Mightyena, Sygna Suit Leaf and Venusaur, and Steven and (Mega) Metagross.
    • ... must add rows for Blue and (Mega) Pidgeot, Rosa (Holiday 2019) and Delibird, and Skyla (Holiday 2020) and Togekiss.
  • The Pokémon Masters EX committee should overhaul their principles into new ones based on this message to prevent these errors and similar ones from happening again!

Serebii, if you need help fixing all these, I'm here for you.

Last edited:

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer

All of these pages mention possible parents for passing down egg moves to Tyrogue that aren't Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop.

However, since the entire Tyrogue family has a 100% male gender ratio, the only possible parents for a Tyrogue are Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop with a Ditto.

All instances of mentioning any species other than Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Hitmontop on these pages should be removed.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
There's a typo in the Event Pikachu distribution codes:

The Sinnoh-Cap Pika code is listed as "VOLTTACKLEP1KA" when it whould be "V0LTTACKLEP1KA" as O is unselectable.

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer

Under "Locations" for Sun and Moon, this page says that Shieldon is obtained by "Exchange Shield Fossil in Route 8".

However, the fossil associated with Shieldon is called the Armor Fossil. There is no Shield Fossil.

mbruno

Under "Locations" for Sun and Moon, this page says that Shieldon is obtained by "Exchange Shield Fossil in Route 8".

However, the fossil associated with Shieldon is called the Armor Fossil. There is no Shield Fossil.
Actually, Shield Fossil is the Japanese name for the Armor Fossil, so it's technically correct.

spurs2021

There is no such thing as TM00, I just did a rare Conkeldurr raid at this Den and the 4 TRs were Fighting moves, so one is missing.

Also for Den 173, Conkeldurr is listed twice for Shield with no difference between the two listings; was this meant to be another Pokemon or a duplicate?

spurs2021

Just wondering if anything actually gets fixed? You have reported this 2 weeks ago and no change was made.