• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mistakes You Have Made In Pokémon Games.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
On my first play through of Blue,I had my Charizard forget Flamethrower for Fire Spin.

Wow... That's just wild.

But as opposed to Victreebell and Feralligator.. Vespiqueen would still be 10 letters long.. but they opted for a 9 letter name for some reason..

Honestly, I just think it's because the name "Vespiquen" looks better than "Vespiqueen," and since players can't hear the way it's pronounced, the look of its spelling would have more of an appeal.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Used my Master Ball on a Pikachu. Didn't know I'd only get one Master Ball, & I'd had trouble catching Pikachu.
Yea, i used my Master Ball on a Girafarig i thought was shiny, this ended up making the Palkia fight pretty hard.

The Girafarig was not even a shiny.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I accidentally forgot to trade over my Electro Ball Mewtwo from B2 to another Gen V game before restarting the game. That made me very unhappy as I was using it to get the Medal for defeating the E4 with only one Pokémon and one of the one Type only which was very useful to get Medals faster.

Last edited:

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Used my Master Ball on a Pikachu. Didn't know I'd only get one Master Ball, & I'd had trouble catching Pikachu.

Well, in the anime, Pikachu is THE master Pokémon. :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Honestly, I just think it's because the name "Vespiquen" looks better than "Vespiqueen," and since players can't hear the way it's pronounced, the look of its spelling would have more of an appeal.

I agree on this case. Also perhaps to not have a weird rhyme in there that is not really a thing, but jumbles two words together that would be really inappropriate.

Ultra Beast Lover

Eh basic noob stuff:

I used a master ball on Abra

I don't know how but I got Pikachu angry with me towards the endgame and nothing would calm it down. Had to reset anyways because I swept through most of the game with Pikachu but I couldn't beat Giovanni and I didn't know when my other Pokemon would evolve.

I gambled all of my money away trying to get those prize Pokemon, can you see why I don't care about the Game Corner being gone and why I love the VS Seeker?

I knocked out the birds, I thought you were supposed to.

I spent months, possibly weeks, trying to figure out how to get past that grunt in Silph Co. so I could get to the thing that unlocks the door until I finally realized, "Wait, I just have to step on the teleporter, step on the teleporter again, and...walk...past...him..." Yeah, Gen 1 was the generation of mistakes.

I did better in Gen 2, I only named Silver ????, tried to evolve Togepi into Togekiss, hung around Goldenrod for a little too long, and, due to not understanding that some games have a postgame, I reset after beating Lance.

After that the only real mistake I'd make is not creating a team which XY kinda forces you to do with the gift mons, knocking out legendaries, and not EV train my Pokemon.

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
i couldn’t navigate my way to the second Gym in Pokemon Y for two months
after that it was easy
but i did have to google a tutorial for the furfrou cornering thing

Ultra Beast Lover

I thought since Fire Spin was so awesome looking in the anime it was the strongest fire move.
To be fair they did make a big deal out of Fire Spin being this ultra powerful move for Vulpix in the anime, makes sense that one would think it's a powerful move in game.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I think my biggest mistake was reading pre-release information during 2006. It sort of ruined my experience of Diamond and Pearl given that basically every new Pokemon was spoiled for me either via CoroCoro or sprite leaks, which made playing the games less fun given that I already had a good idea of what the new Pokemon looked like.

Luthor

Ok here's one. When I was playing Blue for first time I didn't pay attention to the guards realising they wanted a drink as I assumed it was just a barrier like the Old man at the start that would go away the further I progressed so I just kept exploring the map. I just kept unintentionally grinding facing all the battles (because I didn't run ever) I could exploring the other areas available seeing what areas I could explore. Eventually I realised when I actually paid attention to the guards and realised what I needed but this meant that while a lot of people said they struggled with Sabrina I demolished her because my starter was at least 10 levels higher.

Last edited: