• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty/Brock, are you fine with them not being Ash’s permanent companions?

Korin76

Banned
Misty hasn’t been a main character for 17 years now and Brock for almost a decade. Besides brief cameos it doesn’t seem like they will ever be main characters again. Are you fine with them long retiring their characters, at least as main characters?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
They were never gonna be permanent in the show especially in the new regions, biggest problem with thus show is it forgets about its old characters after thee time is over in the show.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
When Brock first left for...- well, let's not mention the name for Brock's sake, LOL- and Tracey came on board, it was definitely not something the fans were prepared for, and Tracey ended up getting a raw deal, but now that the sidekicks coming and going has been a regular thing since Hoenn I don't think it's that big a deal. I like seeing what the new characters have to offer the show and Ash. I miss Brock, but his successors have been good in their own rights (Tracey included), and Misty's have been great too. Not all companions have been great, but I still enjoy them.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
They would bring comedy and entertainment back, for sure. And they're by far the most interesting trio to date.

But it's literally been decades since they've been permanent companions so whats the point of this thread? Why not ask the same thing about the other past companions who arent coming back.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the entire fandom has accepted that Ash will never have permanent companions and that's okay.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
They would bring comedy and entertainment back, for sure. And they're by far the most interesting trio to date.
it is kantou sure but postKantou ....eh yeah no they was so background characters as Satoshi is one who had to carry out show on his shoulder during the event of jhotou arc

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
y

Well, definitely they have one of the best but not quite sure "if" the best. They might if we just base on their goodbye scene which definitely was the most emotive out of all in the show, but I kinda feel there's more to it.

I think it's the best for a lot of reasons, such as the fact that all they all bounce off each other well and they showed a particular closeness that I think Ash has yet to show with his other groups. I'm not saying he's not close to his other friends at all, clearly he's formed close bonds with every group, I just personally feel that he's not as close to another group as he is with the original trio - and them being his first group of friends probably has something to do with that. Also, another user stated this in the group dynamic thread, but it's important that the group can bounce off each other without Ash and Brock seems to bounce off of Misty the best compared to May or Dawn. I don't want to derail the thread though since there's already a thread for this but this is just my personal opinion.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Misty, yep. She needed to leave

Brock.... no. I still miss him

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
I'm completely fine with this. I like Brock a lot, but I think it's because of how long he's stayed with Ash and I really like how close they are. Though I think we've had some great replacements for Brock, and they really make things fresh if you ask me.

However, it's always nice to see how Brock is doing on his quest to becoming a Pokemon doctor.

Misty on the other hand well...she had her time and some of the other Pokemon girls were just better. Don't get me wrong, little cameos are great, but I'd rather her appearances just be periodic from here on out.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not just I'm fine with it, I'm actually thankful. I was never a fan of them to be honest.

I like Pokémon's approach to things. Always tries to start anew but leaving the door open if it ever wants to go down memory lane.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Brock and misty were brilliant in kanto but had grown stale after kanto, they would be better recurring characters like previous companions.

Snupiks

I was very sad when they first left, especially Kasumi, and wished for a long time that they return, even though I stopped watching Pokemon actively.

But eventually I accepted that other companions are also nice, and I am always happy when I hear that they get to meet each other, such as when Alola squad visited Kanto.

Not that I would have anything against having them around for longer than two episodes in row.

SneaselClaw

If they continued to be Ash's companions, then their relevance and any character development would mean nothing. Instead of their own goals to follow, their only goal would be to follow Ash around and occasionally catch their own Pokemon.
I'm perfectly fine with them being replaced, recent companions like Clemont, Serena, Lana and Kiawe have been more entertaining to watch, while also still having their own goals and ambitions.