• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
You always know what to saw Pokemon fan. I'm totally agreeing with you. I don't care if it's only a flashback, at least it's something. I always had that hope that the writers would do something to include her in the story, even with a flashback, it brings joy to me. I do hope that we will see her again soon. I'd love if she would travel along with Satoshi in Generation 6. I can't say she won't, but I can't say she will. I'm just excited to she her again and in BW animation. :D Totally going on Youtube

Misty Ketchum66

~Pokeshipping~
Sorry, "this" was used as a link to the page. http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?596965-BWS2EN-8-Charizard-FIRST-POST-UPDATED-2-7/page93 <-- That's the link right there of where it was it confirmed that she will be having a speaking role.

Oh, it's okay. :D And look at what I found!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHWQiQhjM1Y

Misty appears in a few shots!! And her voice can be heard off screen! (Even if it is only one line, it STILL makes me SUPER happy!!!)

~Misty

Haha, as I said. I was going to upload it on Youtube. People thought I was joking about doing it, but I did it. I hope we see her again, I know this is like my 100th time saying it, but it's true I didn't realize until now how much I miss her. :(

pokemon fan 132

Speaking of Misty flashback while some people didn't liked new animation, personally i liked way Misty was portrayed in it seeming more fresh and novel without taking away from her hotheaded tomboy aspect.

Now all we can do is wait i guess and hope how this wasn't end to surprises with all those references to past, rich flashback scenes and pleasant return of previous characters and pokemon serving as prelude toward some all time favorites like Misty returning in flesh.
It would went nicely with current throwbacks to Kanto being fresh twist to see her updated and in action again.

Given how Ash is after N arc going back to Kanto to explore Dekorola archipelago only increase chances for return of good old redhead even more and while its stretch, her appearance in flashback could have also been writers way of preparing younger viewers for Misty return getting some info, knowledge prior to that.
Through Charizard return and lot of emphasis on background i believe writers proved once and for all how new generations being unfamiliar with older characters doesn't play any difference, nor stop previous companion from returning back.

sandy ketchum

I hope misty appears when ash goes back to kanto and see her for atleast 2 or 3 episodes. cant wait to see her.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I also can't wait to see her.

New topic #1: What do you like most about Misty? Design, temper, a certain Pokemon, voice, etc.

For me, it's the fact that she can swim better than all of you her development, and her characterization in general. She was really believable and relatable.

New topic #2: If Misty came back, would the show automatically improve?

For me, it would fix a few issues I have, (I hate to say this) but the show has other issues it has to work on before bringing her back will make the show perfect immediately.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Misty gets a episode or two this saga. I wouldn't mind if it was just a lab episode. I loved how she looked in the flashback.

What I like about Misty most is how she is second place in traveling through the most regions with Ash

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hey, I'd take 22 minutes of stock footage if it means we see Misty again! :p As well as Brock

~Azurill~

Can I join? =D Misty has always been my favorite character from the Anime and I've been waiting for her to return to the series since she left... ;-;

She was pretty great and way better than May, Dawn and Iris have ever been.
Her personality was way more interesting and I loved the relationship she developed with Ash and Brock. Tbh they were the perfect travelling team and I'll never forget their adventures.

Speaking of Misty flashback while some people didn't liked new animation, personally i liked way Misty was portrayed in it seeming more fresh and novel without taking away from her hotheaded tomboy aspect.

Now all we can do is wait i guess and hope how this wasn't end to surprises with all those references to past, rich flashback scenes and pleasant return of previous characters and pokemon serving as prelude toward some all time favorites like Misty returning in flesh.
It would went nicely with current throwbacks to Kanto being fresh twist to see her updated and in action again.

Given how Ash is after N arc going back to Kanto to explore Dekorola archipelago only increase chances for return of good old redhead even more and while its stretch, her appearance in flashback could have also been writers way of preparing younger viewers for Misty return getting some info, knowledge prior to that.
Through Charizard return and lot of emphasis on background i believe writers proved once and for all how new generations being unfamiliar with older characters doesn't play any difference, nor stop previous companion from returning back.

Looking back, the animation is pretty decent, if a little generic. I feel they could've done Misty more justice than that (along with several others), but to be fair the animation was definitely decent. :)

I hadn't thought of it that way. It would be great if the writers were to do something like that. I have been seeing people say they should redo the Kanto series with BW's animation and I thought it would be a nice idea, I don't have high hopes for it, but it sure would be great to see everything we've seen in Kanto with amazing animations. But, if not that, I think I would totally be able to settle for seeing Misty again in the flesh. :D

I'm doing good and yea, there's a flashback of her. I'm so glad I uploaded it to Youtube.

[video=youtube;kSTrJN-U9P4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSTrJN-U9P4[/video]

Maybe one day we'll get to see the real thing....

Champion Jared 14

WOW!! Amazing!!! It's so great to see her again, even if it's just in Ash's flashback! I think this is her first appearance aside from that special where Brock showed a photo with her and Ash in it...

I was concerned that Misty wouldn't look right with BW's new animation/drawing style but she looks great!
Wow I am...so happy...Wow!!!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Misty looked pretty good in the new BW animation, the only notable change to her were her eyes, which got bigger and cuter imo XD
Also I don't know if we'll see Misty in the new BW 2 series, but I think there could be some Pallet Town episodes that she could appear in. I doubt she would be in the islands that Iris and Cilan are traveling through.

pokemon fan 132

Hi, everyone. Hope you had great holidays.

I would also like to wish warm welcome to new members like ~Azurill~. Welcome to the club, glad to have you with is.

I see there are some new topics too, pretty interesting if i may say.

What do you like most about Misty? Design, temper, a certain Pokemon, voice, etc.?

I liked most her strong personality having several emotions and traits which made her unique, passionate and very vibrant as character. She was hotheaded tomboy, but also had serene and caring side. Passionate about various hobbies and dreams whether its fishing, water types, cute an cuddly pokemon etc. Snarky with her smart alec jokes, moments of annoyance and temperament outbursts lifting up atmosphere between characters making dynamic more fluid.

She was strong and independent female which didn't took bull from anyone, helped others to believe in themselves and follow their dreams, didn't cared what others think being herself serving as good role model and providing zealous and balanced interaction between characters.

Along with having cool pokemon, unique dreams being only Ash traveling companion which specialized in one type wanting to master and become best with them. Not to mention i liked her character development which while left more to be desired in her story emphasized on character qualities making her grow in strong, independent female becoming better trainer and person without sacrificing her appeal remaining adventurous, flamboyant and chippy.

She's great character and i appreciated her contribution to anime wishing that she returns again. Not only because i miss her persona, but also because she was left with lot of untapped potential to do much more. As well never receiving any real sense of conclusion leaving things open, undefined.

If Misty came back, would the show automatically improve?

While not everything would improve, Misty return would be step in right direction. Since it would open door toward more continuity based anime, allow for stable cast through which writers could build on someone story and friendship taking it forward and create prerequisite for more plot driven and consistent development.
Since there would be no rehashes and complete going from scratch carrying over to next saga story and development writers already achieved through established character investing in someone they are familiar with and proved to be well received.

Needless to say i could definitely see interactions between characters becoming more refreshed, lively and embroidered with lot of humor, spontaneous dynamic and drama which Misty strong presence always managed to add.

She was one of complete, engaging characters who knew how to add spice and liven things up bringing healthy interactions within group and memorable moments capturing emotions and interactions in vibrant, genuine manner.

As well bringing something new on table with her story which contains more flexibility to take it in any direction compared to traditional or game quests which follow groove and rules made beforehand. Whether its going on quest to advance her skills following Wallace route and compete in water based events similar to Whirl Cup , provide new concept of battling to show in form of underwater battles, taking her down E4 route trying to pass tests and evaluators living up to idol Lorelei, be involved with legendary water types learning how to master and connect with pokemon in deeper manner etc.

Likwise longer someone is absent only increase hype and excitement when long gone character returns, and after so much time bringing all time favorite like Misty would be fresh twist and change of things bringing something unexpected on table serving as bridge which would connect current series with previous sagas as well giving to group and show more identity recapturing interest for many older fans out there wishing to see her back. Which leads toward increase in ratings, sales and anime reputation bringing mote money on table. Not only because of excitement over popular character being took in new dimensions, but also because it would serve as stepping stone toward bigger changes eventually as mentioned above.

I But, if not that, I think I would totally be able to settle for seeing Misty again in the flesh. :D

Yeah i know what you mean, its been so darn long last time we saw her. IM interested in how much she changed, what happened with her life, did she improved as trainer, how she looks and what new pokemon she has.

If she appears i hope it will be for at least 5 to 7 episodes like May and Dawn returned. Coming back for just one or two episodes after so long(since 2005)would be unsatisfying and pretty underwhelming deserving much more.

Currently given circumstances and current story Misty could either return during Ash and co adventure on Dekorola islands, if by some miracle expansion from Junior Cup happens in for of Senior cup giving a bit more attention to whole World tournament concept.

At Pallet when Ash returns home is possibility to, though im most skeptic about this given how last 2 returns at Pallet had nothing giving out how writers don't want to do repeated scenery which already happened once with whole reunion thing.

By seeing how Ash is going back to Kanto maybe he stops at Cerulean visiting Misty. That would be pretty cool too.

Call me optimistic, but i wish that Misty joins Ash instead of new girl for 6th generation. That would be amazing and something untried before.

Status
Not open for further replies.