• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Upsidedown 403~

Does anyone besides me believe that Misty will return to the show someday? Actually, she does make an appearance in B/W. She is in a picture on Brock's wall so I'm glad to see the writers haven't completely forgotten her.
On an unrelated note I'm looking for members for my Fallout club, anyone interested?

IDK if she'll appear in BW, but Misty seems to be quite interesting to talk about again in the fandom since there's not another girl to compare to the "coordinators".

pokemon fan 132

The end of Sinnoh was horribly rushed, and no one appeared, not even Tracey. So hopefully, the writers will make up for that by having a little group gathering after Unova. I sure would love to see Misty show up, and maybe even meet Iris. They're so similar, but I would love to see how the two of them interact. But regardless, she has a good chance of appearing simply because she lives pretty close to Pallet.

Agreed but i believe Misty has chance to appear outside of Pallet reunion too.Possibilities are endless,like catching new pokemon,entering water tournament similar to Whirl cup to advance her skills as trainer,help Iris about possible gym issues.

I would be also interested in seeing how would Iris and Misty interact having some similarities but also distinctive differences which would make for great dynamic.
Also i dont know about others but i would really like another battle between Misty and Ash.Their clashes were always fun to watch.

To Metal Mania1321:Your not the only one because i definitely believe Misty has chance to return again.True current situation doesnt give much hope,but writers showed already how unpredictable they can be returning Gary for example in Sinnoh when he was absent during whole Hoenn saga,or with Jessibelle.
Point is that nothing can be 100% for sure because unexpected things can always happen.Misty is very popular and liked by fans character who played important role for this show and i seriously doubt writers will erase her from existence,That would be very reckless and foolish move to do bringing only bad reputation for pokemon.Its already starting to get one by several people i met loosing respect for writers and way they treat previous characters.

Realistically speaking there is nothing stopping Misty from even coming back to cast if writers wanted to,and her departure was described as being "put on a bus" which means that character was being written out in a way that she could return at any point.She never received proper closure with her story being unfinished in many areas(like goal of becoming water master for which gym isnt enough,not knowing much about her and backstory/parents etc) with lot of untapped potential being left unused for further development and improvement.
After all writers are humans like anyone else and they can change their mind.
Very unlikely but writers did changed their mind once,bringing Brock back(i know that was long time ago under different circumstances,but point still stands).
Besides people are being fed up with all this girl replacing,and changing them forever wont really work.

Anyway i have another question.
Would you like that Ash and Misty battle again:

My answer is yes,i always liked their battles with there always being present some friendly and competitive rivalry between Ash and Misty.Like in "Totodile Duel"or when they battled for Togepi in mini tournament giving us some great comedy too.

I would be interested in seeing them battle again because it would show how much both improved from last time reviving that competitive fire and rivalry between them.

p.s.Welcome to the club Misty Lover17.Glad to see you again.

Champion Jared 14

You know, I'm kind of on the fence about a battle between those two again...I've proposed the idea of Misty potentiall becoming an Elite Four member in the future, but due to her track record on the show, she has so much working against her...And even though she was the only female companion to have defeated Ash in a major competition, Misty's abilities as a trainer are still limited to what people saw from her while she was on the main cast, which wasn't a lot to be honest...

A lot of people consider Misty's win over Ash in the Whirl Cup complete DEM, but after analyzing the match again (and even though out of humor it was Psyduck that popped out instead of Corsola) I think otherwise.

The main issue I had with the writers, most specifically in Johto during Misty's run was simply NOT doing enough with her to flesh her out. They made her out to be this weak, unskilled, run-of-the-mill trainer with helpless pokemon...And it's a hard pill to swallow when you compare Anime Misty's strength to that of, Manga Misty, or Misty in the games...They purposefully ignored opportunities to develop her skills, her pokemon, their strength, and at the end, oh the Gym needs to be taken care of while your sister vacation. I feel most of us feel that's why Misty didn't get proper closure, being forced to the Gym against her wishes, and why she deserves some needed redemption.

I guess having Misty return to battle Ash would be okay, but the writers have to do it right. Show MORE noticeable improvement in Misty's skills, power, and confidence. Evolve her pokemon, and let them learn powerful skills, and unique battling techniques to counter water's weakness, etc...etc...etc...Then I'd be satisfied...as long as they don't display her as being as exactly how she was, i'll be content.

pokemon fan 132

You know, I'm kind of on the fence about a battle between those two again...I've proposed the idea of Misty potentiall becoming an Elite Four member in the future, but due to her track record on the show, she has so much working against her...

Past doesnt determine future outcome.In original series Misty showed improvement as trainer with each passing region which was followed up in hosos and cameos.She already showed to have talent as trainer having several achievements for such a young age having just as much chance to become E4 like May and Dawn has chance to become top coordinators or Ash pokemon master.

A lot of people consider Misty's win over Ash in the Whirl Cup complete DEM, but after analyzing the match again (and even though out of humor it was Psyduck that popped out instead of Corsola) I think otherwise.

Lot of people seem to forget how Misty defeated Ash Totodile with Poliwhirl by skill,and Psyduck popping out of ball wasnt her fault(she wanted to send Corsola vs Kingler).Needless to say it was Ash stupidity and terrible strategy when he used Kingler crab hammer on Psyduck with Misty taking advantage of situation rightfully winning.

Also her performance against Quilfish,being able to defeat Trinity Gyarados with just one spike cannon from Corsola as well coming top 8 in prestige water tournament on first try showing to be more skilled than hundreds of other competitors who failed to even pass preliminary rounds speaks for itself.

The main issue I had with the writers, most specifically in Johto during Misty's run was simply NOT doing enough with her to flesh her out. They made her out to be this weak, unskilled, run-of-the-mill trainer with helpless pokemon...

Politoad,Corsola,Staryu and later Gyarados were anything but helpless and Psyduck always had that hidden potential in himself being able to knock down pokemon with just one hit.

Also many people in Misty case tend to focus only on negative things overlooking all moments where she shined showing improvement.

if Misty was such a "crappy trainer"she wouldnt be able to win whole Princess festival by using pokemon which arent her proving how she is capable of battling well with other types beside water which is her speciality,being able to control wild Golduck against Marina like it was hers using good strategy and attacks to score a win,being able to defeat Andreas and his Poliwrath who were winners of Seaking competition several years in a row,coming top 8 in prestige tournament like Whirl cup which is pretty good result for someone who entered it for first time,faring better against gym leader Dorian than Ash did,managing to pass inspection test at gym obtaining Gyarados out of control and showing improvement when she cameo in Hoenn.
She was recognized by many like Koga,Marina,Trinity,Dorian as young and very talented trainer who coukd come very far one day.
I also remember people praising Brock skills as trainer but i guess they forget how quickly he was defeated by Molly while Misty hold her ground with her Staryu being tied with Mantine who was powered up by Unknown.

At age of 10 Misty already made bigger progress coming further for which it would require average trainers years to come that far.

It seems to me people are underestimating Misty as trainer counting only her failures and not achievements. Writers didnt showed enough,thats pretty much obvious.But they didnt portrayed Misty as some weak joke of a trainer either with people not giving her deserved credit.

I feel most of us feel that's why Misty didn't get proper closure, being forced to the Gym against her wishes, and why she deserves some needed redemption.

When majority feels that way writers obviously didnt do good job.Going by narrative considering how Misty plots werent wrapped up as well not being displayed mechanisms through which closure will be possible to later achieve character didnt received closure.Mistys goal of becoming water master,desire to learn everything she can etc were left unresolved not coming to significant realization which will help her achieve her goal with chronicles not showing any further progress with plots of story being made.On top of that many thins in story,about Misty past,motives were left unanswered with things speaking for themselves.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Pokemon Fan 132 said:
I also remember people praising Brock skills as trainer but i guess they forget how quickly he was defeated by Molly while Misty hold her ground with her Staryu being tied with Mantine who was powered up by Unknown.
You know what gets me about that? It's always people in the fandom that praised Brock's great trainer skills, but if I remember correctly, I think Misty had a few more chances to actually battle than Brock in her run...But why would people say Brock was better or more experienced?

Maybe it was because his team was more diverse by having different types unlike Misty having mostly water types.
Or maybe it was because he gave Ash advice sometimes, and he could explain what was going on in his battles...

But I just always just thought that was unfair with the fandom...How they compared those two's battle skills...

Mobius_1

Has left the forum.
Anyway i have another question.
Of course! I would like to see them battle again, especially since I somehow spotted a little rivalry between them, as both wanted to be the best. Probably, should she makes another appearance in BW, maybe she would appear as a great water trainer who has achieved her goals (Remember, anything can happen offscreen). And then, Ash and Misty, for once again, will prove who is going to be the best between them.

~Upsidedown 403~

I wonder, which should they do first?
Should they evolve one of Misty's older pokemon?
Should one of her pokemon learn new attacks?
Or should the writers give her a brand new pokemon?

BlueVapor

I would say probably give her new Pokemon and give some of her old one's new attacks. If Misty did appear in Unova, she's surely have a Pokemon or two from there. And even if she appears outside of Unova, it's be no real surprise to see her with a Pokemon from gens 1-4, especially considering there are so many water Pokemon.

Champion Jared 14

Do you all have any ideas for revamps for Misty's Team??

Gyarados
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Flamethrower
Twister/Earthquake/Ice Fang/Waterfall

Starmie
Hydro Pump
Psychic
Thunder Bolt
Power Gem/Cosmic Power/Recover

Kingdra
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance/Agility/Dragon Dance

Politoed
Water Pulse/Brine
Ice Punch
Body Slam
Hypnosis

Corsola
Ancientpower
Mirror Coat
Bubblebeam
Recover/Refresh

Golduck
Psychic
Disble
Focus Punch
Hydro Pump

Seaking
Psybeam
Waterfall
Agility/Rain Dance/Water Sport
Megahorn

Azumarill
Iron Tail
Double Edge
Hidden Power
Water Gun

Luvdisc
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Attract
Sweet Kiss

Lol I'm just throwing stuff out there...Any other ideas?

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

You know what gets me about that? It's always people in the fandom that praised Brock's great trainer skills, but if I remember correctly, I think Misty had a few more chances to actually battle than Brock in her run...But why would people say Brock was better or more experienced?

Maybe it was because his team was more diverse by having different types unlike Misty having mostly water types.
Or maybe it was because he gave Ash advice sometimes, and he could explain what was going on in his battles...

But I just always just thought that was unfair with the fandom...How they compared those two's battle skills...

Misty indeed battled a lot more than Brock did in original series.She battled several trainers,tried to catch couple of wild pokemon,battled TR along with Ash almost always without Brock joining in,entered more competitions than he did as well having Whirl cup.Brock had only handful of battles rarely being engaged in any competitions or battling in general.
Despite staying much longer than Misty did in show its rather questionable if he surpassed her in number of battles which says a lot.

I doubt diversity in pokemon team has anything to do with Brock being recognized as great trainer.Many people actually liked a lot how Misty stand out from others being only main character who used only one type wanting to become best with it.Water being one of most popular types with diversity and rich move pool helped too.

Main argument going for Brock being praised as skilled trainer from what i noticed is because of his big knowledge about pokemon strategies and battling in general providing several tips to Ash during his course in series with people assuming due to his experience as well being older than others how he is very good trainer.
If we go however by what it has been showed on screen Brock didnt seem any more skilled than Misty was.Battles against Molly or some other notable trainers implied otherwise with Misty seeming to be ahead.

Brock also got little bit rusty as trainer because of rarely battling.
Many people in fandom recognized Misty as talented and skilled trainer.It just happens that some people have different opinion about her as trainer not giving her any credit.

They should do pretty much everything.Evolving one of Misty pokemon would have been very welcomed and great move.
Out of all i want Horsea to evolve the most.He didnt got any justice from writers being dumped too soon when he could have been used in OI and Johto to do so much with it.Judging by how long Misty has been gone from anime for all we know he could have evolved all the way to Kingdra by now.

Seeing her pokemon learning new attacks is probably to be expected freshening up their move pool.When Misty,May or anyone else made their cameos in past their pokemon showed to know at least one new attack so this is probably to expect to happen.

If Misty indeed returns in Best Wishes she will probably get some new pokemon from 5th generation which would be nice thing to happen.Judging by Unova being portrayed as isolated region with no older pokemon being present in it also offers very good excuse for Misty to come to have opportunity to catch new water type which cant be find outside of this region.In my opinion Swanna would fit her.

If i remember correctly in that interview with mr.,Hidaka he mentioned how if Misty appears she could return in same way like May did for some tournament or something else.Though he never specified when.

To Mobius1:True Misty probably improved a lot as trainer in meantime.Going by her appearance in Hoenn bringing Gyarados who knew flamethrower showed how much she progressed of screen.I doubt she already manage to achieve her goals since becoming water master would require becoming at least strong like E4 are since they are best one type trainers but she could without doubt give Ash run for its money.

Im sure if they ever battled again that would be surely something to remember now that theyre both much stronger than they were.

Last edited:

BlueVapor

Do you all have any ideas for revamps for Misty's Team??
If we're talking in terms of moves here, I've never been great in picking good movesets for Pokemon. But, your's look pretty good :p

But:
Kingdra
Dragon Pulse
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance/Agility/Dragon Dance

Please allow me to rant. Why did Kingdra never happen? Why didn't Misty just take Horsea with her to Johto, when the writers knew darn well that Horsea was getting a Johto evolution. Instead, the writers have her keep GOLDEEN of all things with her, and we barely ever see it... It just makes me really upset, Misty would've looked so great with a Kingdra on her team. Just a really big missed idea I guess. Boo...
/rant

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·

Yes!Definitely. I really want to see Misty battle Ash again. I really want to see Misty to have a lot of battling time in the older episodes. Episode like Totodile Duel is one of my favorites where she and Ash battle. Would it be nice if Misty win that battle and gains Totodile?

Champion Jared 14

BlueVapor said:
Please allow me to rant. Why did Kingdra never happen? Why didn't Misty just take Horsea with her to Johto, when the writers knew darn well that Horsea was getting a Johto evolution. Instead, the writers have her keep GOLDEEN of all things with her, and we barely ever see it... It just makes me really upset, Misty would've looked so great with a Kingdra on her team. Just a really big missed idea I guess. Boo...
/rant
Yes, go ahead and have your rant!! I don't know what happened with that, it would've been perfect for Johto...if they ever evolve another of Misty's pokemon, let it be Horsea.

But then again, they waited until after Johto to evolve Brock's Onix into Steelix.

BlueVapor

Let's give this club some life again, with a question:

By the end of Johto, what would've been your ideal team for Misty?

For me, I'm thinking:

Golduck
Politoad
Lapras
Azumarill
Mantine
Vaporeon

And then I guess if you count Togepi, just take one of those out. In reality, those are kinda just my favorite water Pokemon :p

pokemon fan 132

I like your ideas Blue Vapor,that would be pretty cool team for Misty.

By the end of Johto, what would've been your ideal team for Misty?

In my opinion it should be something along these lines:
Kingdra:to this day i think Horsea was treated unfairly being wasted opportunity which could have been of great use for Misty(especially in Whirl Cup).
Golduck:while i admit that i like Psyduck because of his personality,clumsiness and humor i dont see any harm if he evolved in Golduck still retaining his character traits.This would certainly power up Misty team giving it more muscle along with giving her some character development learning how to properly train Psyduck becoming more confident in her abilities as trainer.
Staryu:he is one of my favorite pokemon Misty had.His agility,elegance when performing attacks and design are what attracted me about this pokemon.He also showed to be very capable when battling it opponents with one of his most notable moments being battle against Mantine in third movie.I only wish he battled more because this pokemon definitely had potential.
Politoad:i didnt had any objections for Poliwag line Misty caught and i for once liked that Poliwhirl evolved in its alternate form adding to unpredictability and opening room for use of some techniques which he wouldnt be able to do if it evolved in Poliwrath.Overall i was very pleased with screen time this pokemon had being one of most used pokemon she had having several battles and good results.
Togetic:it would be nice if Togepi evolved when Misty was on main cast getting powerful pokemon to her team being given chance to use it more often.I liked whole arc about Togepi evolving in Hoenn too but because of being released he didnt got more time to shine and show all of its qualities.
For last slot either Corsola or Mantine:both of this pokemon are great and i liked Corsola because of being dual type adding more diversity to team having some pretty cool moves showing to be competent battler.However i also like Mantine finding it to be fitting member for Misty team showing to be very fast and agile in water.

Status
Not open for further replies.