• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachran

Who do you think will have the most interesting interactions and chemistry between the SM cast and Misty and why?
Like everyone's said, Lana for obvious reasons. Although I hope Misty is given a mentor/senior role, to really show that she is an experienced water type expert.

I really want Misty to win against Ash with a clean victory. I love Psyduck and all and their Whirl Cup match was pretty good but I'd like something where Misty doesn't have to rely on a headache to win against Ash.
Me too, I have high expectations for her mega Gyarados. There's no way they could turn that battle into a fluke/joke like with Psyduck.

pokemon fan 132

Long awaited day has finally came ending years of dark, uncertainty and numerous let downs fans of this character experienced from pokemon.

Brock and tomboyish mermaid/water queen are returning looking lively, stronger and more badass than ever. MISTY IS COMING BACK!:D

Bringing with herself no less but Mega Gyarados(one of best mega pokemon out there). Her priceless fear from bugs, pulling Brock away from girls feeling sassy, adorable and cute scenes with Ash Pikachu and long awaited reunion with Ash were just tidbits, but important reminders of why Misty character is loved so much, Having charisma and charm to make atmosphere around character interactions and action more enjoyable.

We waited for more than 11 long years for Misty to finally make return in person. This is priceless chance to learn what shes been up to. How much her life changed(after all you don't get mega pokemon by sitting at gym heavily indicating she was on journey on her own).

Receive follow up to Misty in lot of areas unfinished story, revive on irreplaceable and unique dynamic she had/has with Ash and Brock. With mega Gyarados showing Misty step up her game of becoming stronger trainer on road of reaching ultimate goal of becoming water pokemon master very seriously.

Becoming more respectable force than ever. Sure did likers who have low opinion of her cannot accept that she is skilled trainer trying in every possible way to degrade value and significance of her mega Gyarados and outcome of battle vs Ash. But we all know it will be close, unpredictable and heavily entertaining match to follow. Portraying Misty in light of not being pushover, but powerful trainer with lot of talent who can stand up to Ash at any time. Just like she used to be in past as well never seeming much behind.

Looking forward to Misty getting some potential development, finding out about new stuff going for her and how she will interact with Ash new friends.:)

Speaking of which:

Who do you think will have the most interesting interactions and chemistry between the SM cast and Misty and why?

Most likely Lana and to extent Lillie.

Lana is obvious choice due to sharing quite a few common point with Misty, Being water trainer loving oceans and marine life with Misty finding soul mate in this field giving girls material to talk about for years lol.

Her Popplio wont leave Misty indifferent either with preview scenes confirming that and I bet they could learn a lot from each other. Having to degree compatible personas. Not to mention both have sisters. Only in reverse order with Misty being youngest, while Lana oldest out of 4 giving them something they can relate toward each other even more.

Reason i mentioned Lillie is due to while not as dark as later character. Misty also had pretty rough and sad childhood not having parents present in her life, being downplayed and underestimated by older sisters neglecting her and imposing on her negative feelings of feeling inferior and filled with anger and fear. Taking time and lot of growth to overcome her inner conflicts related to that.

Followed by Misty herself having quite a few fears. From extreme bug phobia to until later trauma of almost ending eaten by Gyarados. Having lot of trouble in getting over that and starting to feel acceptable of this pokemon. With Misty experiences perhaps being useful in letting Lillie at least partially remove some of her inhibitions related to touching pokemon. Feeling more open toward that.

I think both girls could with their common point of having messed up childhoods and certain fears help grow each other.

EDIT:
Congratulations to all new members. I would liker to give you all warm welcome , make yourself feel like at home.:) Being always delight to meet other Misty fans and exchange opinions about this great character.

Admittedly I neglected this place lately, what from work, obligations in real life which couldn't wait and lit of stuff going on. But i never forgot about it being now back.

Champion Jared 14

Did you guys see the Horsea Seadra evilution line (sans Kingdra) in the preview? I hope that hints that her Horsea finally evolved after all this time. I feel like Misty's potential as a battler was stifled by the "limited mobility" clause. Apparently, more marine-like water types like Goldeen couldn't battle well on dry land like their ambiguous or land compatible peers. I always thought that was such a weak copout. Anyways, fingers crossed for that.

Seachran

Did you guys see the Horsea Seadra evilution line (sans Kingdra) in the preview? I hope that hints that her Horsea finally evolved after all this time. I feel like Misty's potential as a battler was stifled by the "limited mobility" clause. Apparently, more marine-like water types like Goldeen couldn't battle well on dry land like their ambiguous or land compatible peers. I always thought that was such a weak copout. Anyways, fingers crossed for that.

It does seem strange that they showed a whole variety of Kanto fire types to show off, but then only showed Horsea/Seadra for water types. Also, it shows that Rapidash and Charizard will actually make full appearances, so from that we can assume Horsea/Seadra will also make an appearance.

As for the limited mobility of Misty's pokemon, I think the great trade off for that was all of Misty's underwater battles, which were some of her best in the series.

Seachran

Staryu's Bubblebeam was really powerful, it was great to see Misty be the one to finish off TR's mech.

Overall the whole episode just seemed to be nothing but short clips thrown together. Not even close to having any interesting/meaningful dialogue like we did when she returned in AG.

But still, the few brief moments when Ash, Misty, and Brock were together felt so special.

Well it looks like no Seadra for Misty. Oh well.
She apparently owns an Exeggutor now though (along with Brock), and Brock also got a Marowak. So will still might see something new with her Horsea or other pokemon, even if it is just a brief appearance.

Champion Jared 14

^^^^I don't think those pokemon actually belong to them, they were jist helping Oak by letting them out of their pokeballs, and to further highlight the kanto/alola form differences.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
I'm kind of surprised Misty came back, tbh. I thought for sure we would not ever see her again but I'm also really happy they brought her back for a couple of episodes. She is still very popular and it showed us that the writers have not forgotten about her, which makes me so happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.