• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Misty Meets Her Match!

Arriving on Trovita Island, Ash & Co. meet the Gym Leader Randy who is smitten with Misty. Ash completes all the tasks and must beat Randy in a 3 on 3 Pokémon Battle. Can he do this and will Misty stay with Randy?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

F

Factory Head Noland

This is such a cool episode! Squirtle learns Hydro Pump in this ep, it's Hydro Pump is awesome when it tucks into it's shell.
I love the music in the background when the Pokemon are working out!

M

magicpizzadust

Very cool, especially Starmie with thunderbolt! Thats so cool!

W

Waterstar Misty

This was a really cool and funny episode. Lots of cool stuff, Rudy's Starmie doing a thunderbolt, Ash's Squirtle learning how to use Hydro Pump, Rudy wanting Misty to stay with him and his little sister at his gym, Misty wanting to travel with Ash, and the funny parts with Team Rocket getting blasted away by accident.

C

chipsyketchum

i LOVED this episode..YAY FOR POKESHIPPING! anyway the starmie with the thunderbolt was all around awesome and squirtle oh my goodness how ilove that pokemon! Hydro Pump was SICK to the fullest. lol, anyway this ep was really good and Rudy wouldve made a nice boyfriend...

M

meggirl63

I had this dream last night where I was on Trovita Island with Rudy! How sweet is that!

F

flixerblixer

I used to LOVE this episode and I still have it recorded and yes, I'm planning to see it again. I used to love this episode because Team Rocket flew off so soon, which was so rare in the earlier episodes. I liked how they flew off so soon and the dialogue was really. A definite choice for Pokeshippers because when I remembered when I was a Pokeshipper this episode gets me all giggly. Since I've no longer support this ship it doesn't get me giggly but I still like this episode and I think it has a lot of potential in it. Oh ... and I personally thought Rudy was annoying because of the things he said. It gets me very annoyed whenever he talked.

I have to add this - this has no similiarities whatsoever to Love At First Flight.

S

Shiny May

I thought this was a good episode
The gym battle was cool since Squirtle learned hydro pump. And Starmie knew thunderbolt. i also liked the fact that the pokemon had to be the same types
Electabuzz vs. Pikachu
Starmie vs. Squirtle
Bulbasaur vs. Exeggcutor

And Misty and Rudy make such a cute couple. You could see that he really cared about her and you could also see that she was attracted to him. Overall a good episode.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Great episode this and one of my favorite gym matchs. It also adds to the whole Misty likes Ash but Ash doesn't have a clue thing :D

Alfonso

Derpgull
Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Alfonso said:
Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")

I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I may dislike him but Rudy has Pokémon which I'd consider to have in my Leaf green game. I would of had an Exeggutor, but I started off with a Bulbasaur, so that was out of the window, although I do have a Starmie, class water pokémon indeed, has great versitility, mainly because it's also a psychic type.

*Back to topic*

Ahem....

Good episode for all the wrong reasons, just as well Ash didn't get jealous of the Misty & Rudy saga, it's funny to see Ash act so immensley dense sometimes.

Last edited:

Alfonso

Derpgull
Lupin said:
I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen

Perhaps, but you also have to consider that less 'obvious' type disadvantages are mostly never shown. (Like Fighting over, Ice, for example.) Also, Rudy didn't command Exeggutor to use Psychic type attacks. (I think Egg Bomb was the only one he told Exeggutor to perform.)

But... whatever. Hopefully, someone will use an Exeggutor in a contest, or something, and be great. (That said, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Mandy appeared as a Coordinator with his Exeggutor?)

O

Ororo Munroe

It was great the different training and strategies Rudy used. He taught his Pokemon attacks that his opponents wouldn't expect from the Pokemon. It was great how Misty saved Mahri in the beginning of the episode.

C

Chibi

I loved this episode. The hinting towards Pokeshipping almost made my heart bleed from the swelling and it centered a little more on Misty than Ash. As a full-blown Misty-fan, I gotta say this... Rudy's appreciation and affection towards her was a credit to the nation! Lol.

M

~*Mitsuki*~

I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Although I'm not into Ash&Misty, I think this episode does set up a good plot of Misty having to choose between two men. It makes for an incredible story and a great gym battle. :)

C

Chibi

Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.