• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

M

~*Mitsuki*~

Chibi said:
Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.
Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
This episode was nice I guess... *shrugs*

Heh, it was nice seeing some Rudy/Misty though.... Even though I hate Rudy's voice. It was nice seeing a guy in Misty's life that really seemed to liked her a lot I guess...

So overall, I guess I'll give this... a 7.9/10. Just because she picked Ash and left Rudy hanging in the end. -_-

I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.

What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o

M

~*Mitsuki*~

What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o
I guess, but I think I would deal with it. XD Kasumi takes such good care of Togepi and Jiji...well, I actually have a lot of confidence in him treating Kasumi right. Sure it'd be weird because she's so young and stuff but...I dunno. I guess it really doesn't bother me because I totally support Jiji x Kasumi (aside from Egoshipping and Orangeshipping)

C

Chibi

~*Mitsuki*~ said:
Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.

I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chibi

High Commander Solomon said:
"I go with what I need?" What does that mean, you start from a conclusion and work backwards? That doesn't make sense at all!

Lol. You're right. It was a typo that I have edited.

V

vulpix

being a total misty fan,i loved this episode even though i knew misty wouln't stay with rudy.

Sebok

Banned
I was a little eager to see the end of this one; would Misty continue to travel with Ash, or stay with the boy who admitted to falling in love with her?

I also enjoyed Team Rocket's moments in this! Everytime they thought they were safe, they kept falling into the water.
James: But who'd save us?

Kasumi

Boulder Trainer
It's very good episode. Rudy fall in love in Misty and it;s cool. She would better to travel with Ash than to stay with Rudy. It's grate! And we can see Squirtle, one of my favourite pokemon :)

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

and we touch on the subject again of do Ash and Misty like each other? Misty I don't think IF she does like Ash would ever admit it and Ash is too dense in his lifetime to realize things like that. But isn't this touched more that Misty likes Ash in the dubbed then in the original Japanese version?

C

Chibi

I dunno; I thought that too, to a certain extent. I mean, from what I'd heard, it seemed that way. But then my friend Hakajin brought up the fact that major fighting between characters is a major hint in the Japanese world. We have to remember that their customs are different than ours. While we might look for more open affection such as handholding, blushing, interaction; the Japanese feel that a sort of anti-love is also a big 'thing'.

Just think about Sailor Moon. Usaji/Serena and Momaru/Darien were at each others' throats... Then they find out that they're destined to be together.

It's just an interesting prospect.

P

PokeFan4Ever7783

I don't mean cultural differences, I just mean isn't the subject of Misy and Ash touched on more in the dubbed then in the original. I didn't ask for the signs that point to them liking each other. I for one do not think Ash and Misty have any feelings for each other. and when they do fight it's more like in a sibling way not in a lovey way. I've been into anime for 9 years I'm well aware of how the love wave works in anime. But anyways...Ash and Misty I think will just remain best friends. Remember the name of the show if "POKEMON" not Ash and Misty. I think romance in Pokemon would be kind of out of place.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chibi

Well, it's hard to differenciate between "sibling" fighting and "crush" fighting. I mean, it's just that the two, though angry more than once at each other, always seem the closest out of the tightly knit PKMN group. Misty always leaps on his head when a bug Pokemon scuttles up to her, they always hold each others hands in the dark forests, and Ash always goes gaga when she comes out in a kimono or does something gifted...

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Courtesy of the Pokeshippers' reactions to this ep, I now have a new sig.

And I shall c n' p it here for all to see after it is gone...

And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
Whoa... first time I can see me and P_B are agreeing on something.

Is that Will or Morty admitting he's bi?

Aptenodytes

this was a great episode in my opinion. best gym battle in the orange islands and had a good plot with misty and rudy. entertaining and kept me guessing until the end 10/10

Ultimate Mewtwo

Thunder Trainer
Good episode, very good. The best part is when Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, is very cool! I can't believe Ash didn't notice that Misty loves him...

Magus

Fog Trainer
Phantom_Bugsy said:
And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3
I don't see why anybody would think Rudy "gets in the way". His role was basically to facilitate Pokéshipping. Misty is given a guy who knows he likes her and comes right out and says it, but turns him down in favor of Ash.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This was an interesting episode, and I actually thought Misty might leave like Brock had. This was one of the better Orange Islands episodes, but Exeggcutor sure was screwed over royally. What were Rudy's other pokemon by the by? I think Alakazam, Venomoth and Golem were there, but I can't remember any others.