• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
The battle vs Rudy was strange... i didn't like it...

Squirtle was great, his new move was stong.

6/10.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Oh, more Orange Island Shippy-ish episodes. First with Danny now with Rudy. Loved that Ash was a little bugged by Rudy, since it showed that he was at least aware of the potential threat his character posed. The Gym match itself wasn't too intense though. I was so used to challenges and not just battles so this one was disappointing. Glad Misty pushed Ash and Squirtle, and that Squirtle learned a new move; Hydro Pump. My favorite Orange Islands Gym battle episode, 9/10.

Last edited:

Terry. T.

One and Only...
Interesting that Misty had to soak herself, lol. But it was a good cause. (Why can't we do that stuff?)
Hydro Pump'll save the cities from fire.

I loved this episode :D
I really didn't like that Rudy was flirting with Misty, just because she saved his sister. =\ (I guess it's because I'm a Pokeshipper)

Oooh! And I loved the battle too! Squirtle's Hydro Pump totally owned. ;D

JohnLee

Oh, more Orange Island Shipping episodes. First with Danny now with Rudy.

Loved that Ash was a little bugged by Rudy. the match itself wasn't so intense though. I was so used to challenges and not just battles so this one was disappointing.

Glad Misty pushed Ash and Squirtle, and that Squirtle learned a new move; Hydro Pump. 9/10

One of the reasons why I really like the orange islands is because the gyms weren't just battles, but challenges. I guess this challenge was climbing up the cliff without the help of your pokemon. This episode, for me, confirmed that Ash and Misty like each other.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
An episode me and the rest of the pokeshippers will remember forever. I'm glad Misty chose Ash.

Misty Lover17

Water Trainer
The best Misty episode in this saga and maybe in the entire show. Misty getting so much spotlight in one of Ash's gym battles, wooo, I don't remember a lot episodes like this one. I think Misty should have chose Rudy.

It was just unclear why she'd chose Ash over him without any explanation. We will never find out.

firestar319

The Marauder
Its funny how every male Orange Island Gym Leader had a crush on Misty. Rudy and Misty are the better match of the two, but I'm glad that she chose Ash in the end

9/10

G50

No longer posting
My absoulte fav. 2nd season episode by far. The gym battle was awesome! Btw, any1 notice how it looked like Ash didn't even hit every target? when Charizard screwed up it looked like they never got that target. Squirtle learning Hydro Pump was great! I've literally memorized this whole episode I've watched this way too many times.

99/100

This episode wasn't too great.

Glad that Squirtle learned Hydro Pump though!

TheEpicGoomba

Misty was very popular with the boys in the orange saga. The gym battle was cool and so was Squirtle learning Hydro pump

Great episode. Nice to see someone else than Ash being in love with Misty (it means Misty is attractive in the Pokemon world), and good to see that Misty chose not to stay with Rudy (I support PokeShipping).

Also, the battle between Ash and Rudy was nice and exciting. Good to see Pikachu lose and Ash still win. This shows that Ash's other Pokemon aren't much worse than Pikachu (who is really overpowered in the anime).

Last edited:

Aquarelle

Staff member
All the shippy scenes in this episode annoyed me a lot. Since I was only about 7 when I saw this episode, I had absolutely no interest in that sort of thing. :/
I did like the Gym Battle though, especially when Squirtle used Hydro Pump!

Vernikova

Champion
How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.

How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.

I'd estimate Rudy to be around 20-25 years old. What age do you estimate him?

Danny falling in love with Misty was much more pedophile-like: I'd say Danny is in his late twenties, around 28-30.