• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Lol wonder why guys liking Misty bothers you is beyond me, If guys like Misty it's because she's beautiful. That's why we have Rudy & Danny

Perfect post! And not only Rudy and Danny, but also Ash, Doctor Proctor and Georgio! In the Pokemon World, Misty seems to be very attractive, as she gets a lot of male attention.

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments.

I liked both Squirtle getting an important win AND the PokeShipping moments. I just love this episode so much!

silent_control

Perfect post! And not only Rudy and Danny, but also Ash, Doctor Proctor and Georgio! In the Pokemon World, Misty seems to be very attractive, as she gets a lot of male attention.

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments.

I liked both Squirtle getting an important win AND the PokeShipping moments. I just love this episode so much!

Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.

Vernikova

Champion
The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said), it was one of the most important themes of the Orange Islands season! Not only this episode and the one with Danny, but also the one with the two Nidoran, and the second movie, "The Power of One" had PokeShipping moments

Shipping wasn't important at all. None of those hints ever led anywhere between the two by the end of the Orange Islands or even Johto. Just because a season has a few episodes with some hints in it doesn't mean it was a theme or something. They were just shipping hints.

Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.

That is WAY too much to say! Ash was so jealous about Rudy flirting with his girlfriend! Ash fell in love with Misty when he saw her for the first time, and Misty fell in love with Ash at that moment as well. And Misty was never actually interested in staying with Rudy. I already explained that in an earlier post: "Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side." That's the same as with Danny.

However, it is true that Misty actually leaving made Ash even more sad: they were together for longer, which made the parting even more painful and sad, for both of them.

Blessed

The shipping definitely wasn't overblown (like CyberCubed said)

Thanks, and oh yea lol. It's funny how a lot of guys like Misty and a lot of girls like Ash. Danny, Rudy, Dr Proctor, and OMG Georgio, Melody, Macy etc. they're hot.

Thanks, and oh yea lol. It's funny how a lot of guys like Misty and a lot of girls like Ash. Danny, Rudy, Dr Proctor, and OMG Georgio, Melody, Macy etc. they're hot.

So true! Misty: Ash, Danny, Rudy, Doctor Proctor and Georgio. Ash: Macy, Misty, Melody, Bayleef and Latias. But Ash and Misty are only interested in each other! <3

Angel, I liked both the battle and the shippy moments. Did you also like the battle, regardless of PokeShipping?

I really liked the test before the battle: Charizard using Flamethrower and Misty getting angry was funny! I always love the original Gym Battles and/or tests before them! I also liked the idea of battling with the same type of Pokemon, which Rudy did (Pikachu vs. Electabuzz, Bulbasaur vs. Exeggutor, Squirtle vs. Starmie).

silent_control

That is WAY too much to say! Ash was so jealous about Rudy flirting with his girlfriend! Ash fell in love with Misty when he saw her for the first time, and Misty fell in love with Ash at that moment as well. And Misty was never actually interested in staying with Rudy. I already explained that in an earlier post: "Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side." That's the same as with Danny.

However, it is true that Misty actually leaving made Ash even more sad: they were together for longer, which made the parting even more painful and sad, for both of them.

Yes, but Ash seemed more focused on getting the badge than expressing 'jealousy'. I mean, I feel that he was more annoyed that Rudy was completely ignoring him when they first met (even if Misty's Staryu did the job saving his sister, Lapras and Ash helped a bit too) than being jealous.

EDIT: I love that on this forum we have the opportunity to analyze the episodes so deeply!

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Yes, but Ash seemed more focused on getting the badge than expressing 'jealousy'. I mean, I feel that he was more annoyed that Rudy was completely ignoring him when they first met (even if Misty's Staryu did the job saving his sister, Lapras and Ash helped a bit too) than being jealous.

EDIT: I love that on this forum we have the opportunity to analyze the episodes so deeply!

Yeah just be glad we're not in bulbagarden or we would have all been banned along time ago.

However, I thought Rudy was cute. And the little girl was reading too much into the whole brother and sister thing. I also felt Tracey is always invisible in these kinds of episodes. 3/10

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty made the right choice!!

To be honest, was it? Ash is likely going to continue traveling on endless adventures, while Misty still hasn't left the Gym in three generations now.

If Misty had stayed with Rudy she might have had a happy ending.

Blessed

To be honest, was it? Ash is likely going to continue traveling on endless adventures, while Misty still hasn't left the Gym in three generations now.

Ugh Cyber you are unbelievable Misty did NOT like Rudy why would she have stayed then her traveling would have been over with Ash since ep 103 would be her last.

Oh Please you just didn't wanna see her again, and you don't know what she's doing. She is not always at the gym and you don't know what she does off screen!!

Her dream is to become a water pokemon master!!

Last edited:

pokemon fan 132

I remember when i watched this episode for first time and even now i view it equally enjoyable. I liked way in which Rudy mixed dancing with pokemon battles and his interest for Misty was nice unexpected twist causing jealousy and anger with Ash wanting to be noticed which led to conflict and jaundice.
It was strange but amusing that two OI gym leaders got attracted by Misty, writers were definitely more propitious to romance back than.

Battle was good too with bonus points going to episode for Rudy using Starmie(one of my favorites). And thanks to Misty motivation Ash managed to put himself together with Squirtle learning hydropump. Overall this was good and relaxing episode.

I could see Misty in future when problem with substitute gets resolved going on journey to advance her dreams, catch new pokemon and learn new things. She is adventurous, likes to travel and explore making clear how she never gave up from goal of water master putting it currently on hold due to obligations. When opportunity arises though she will probably leave to make further progress following foot steps of Wallace, Cilan, Fantina and several other leaders which leave to grow stronger.

In reality fact that writers themselves portrayed Misty disappointed about returning to gym making clear how her goal is to become water master with gym not being on list of desires was proof in itself how situation with Misty was never cleared up with story being left hanging in air.

If Misty stayed with Rudy she would never had chance to explore pokemon world as much as she was able to Ash, learn more about water type and do steps toward her own dreams. Im sure Rudy was wealthy enough to provide her many things, but money cant buy happiness.

I remember when i watched this episode for first time and even now i view it equally enjoyable. I liked way in which Rudy mixed dancing with pokemon battles and his interest for Misty was nice unexpected twist causing jealousy and anger with Ash wanting to be noticed which led to conflict and jaundice.
It was strange but amusing that two OI gym leaders got attracted by Misty, writers were definitely more propitious to romance back than.

Battle was good too with bonus points going to episode for Rudy using Starmie(one of my favorites). And thanks to Misty motivation Ash managed to put himself together with Squirtle learning hydropump. Overall this was good and relaxing episode.

I could see Misty in future when problem with substitute gets resolved going on journey to advance her dreams, catch new pokemon and learn new things. She is adventurous, likes to travel and explore making clear how she never gave up from goal of water master putting it currently on hold due to obligations. When opportunity arises though she will probably leave to make further progress following foot steps of Wallace, Cilan, Fantina and several other leaders which leave to grow stronger.

In reality fact that writers themselves portrayed Misty disappointed about returning to gym making clear how her goal is to become water master with gym not being on list of desires was proof in itself how situation with Misty was never cleared up with story being left hanging in air.

I totally agree! And I also like seeing so many guys in the anime (Ash, Danny, Rudy, Georgio, Doctor Proctor and maybe more) being attracted to Misty. She attracted them with beauty, cuteness and kindness!

As I said in our VM's, if I'd be Misty, I'd just leave the Gym. If it would get closed: her sisters's fault, for forcing her to be the Gym Leader while they just relax and do what they want!

If Misty stayed with Rudy she would never had chance to explore pokemon world as much as she was able to Ash, learn more about water type and do steps toward her own dreams. Im sure Rudy was wealthy enough to provide her many things, but money cant buy happiness.

You forget the most important reason for Misty not staying with Rudy: she never liked Rudy! She wanted to stay with her boyfriend, Ash!

Vernikova

Champion
Uh, we dont really know if that's true or not. Misty never said anything. Rudy said it and we still don't know.

It would be best not to pay attention to people who romantically pair-up cartoon characters when they're talking about said cartoon characters. They end to exaggerate quite a bit.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ugh Cyber you are unbelievable Misty did NOT like Rudy why would she have stayed then her traveling would have been over with Ash since ep 103 would be her last.

Oh Please you just didn't wanna see her again, and you don't know what she's doing. She is not always at the gym and you don't know what she does off screen!!
Her dream is to become a water pokemon master!!

I don't mean she should have left here. I am talking about after Johto ended. It would have been interesting if there was a Chronicles episode where Rudy shows up at Cerulean.

Would have been funny like how Casey and Sakura came back.

Blessed

Quoting just because I love everything you said & it's all true. :)

I don't mean she should have left here. I am talking about after Johto ended. It would have been interesting if there was a Chronicles episode where Rudy shows up at Cerulean.

Would have been funny like how Casey and Sakura came back.

I really liked the Casey/Misty friendship but even more the Misty/Sakura, they had a really close bond. I think it would have been awkward if Rudy visited, because well you know lol.

Last edited:

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

That's a good point. I actually thought he was going to come back because he was better looking the Georgio.;)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
this was a perfect episode for 4 kids to make more fake pokeshipping statements

This actually makes sense. It was just to get people hyped yet when these girls get replaced, it happens all over again. It doesn't really change. However, with this episode, I wish she would have stayed too.