• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Blessed

This actually makes sense. It was just to get people hyped yet when these girls get replaced, it happens all over again. It doesn't really change. However, with this episode, I wish she would have stayed too.

I find it funny how you tend to go all the way back just to reply to a quote that was months ago.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I find it funny how you tend to go all the way back just to reply to a quote that was months ago.

Yeah I tend to do that every now and then but yet so do some other people I don't want to meantion.

However, this episode was funny. 6/10

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Well ofcourse I did. This is a episode thread not a shipping thread. You can do that in hopes that no one respnds or even care about what you wrote. But I'm not going to talk abou this anymore. Good episode though. 7/10

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
It would've been interesting if Misty had stayed with that guy (what was his name again?) but whatever, nice episode and one of the better OI ones.
8/10

UnbelievableUrsula

Cute and Creepy!
It would've been interesting if Misty had stayed with that guy (what was his name again?) but whatever, nice episode and one of the better OI ones.
8/10

It would have also been nice to do a chronical about Rudy and his sister as well. They did chronicals for other people who realy didn't have that much significance on the show.

7threst

Well, I loved the gym battle and cheer for Squirtle. The whole Misty/Ruby/Ash thing was pretty interesting and I personally was really happy seeing Misty choosing Ash over Ruby - no offence to Ruby fanatics of course xD. Its good to see that even during a gym battle, the focus can be laid on more than just Ash.

Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.

I agree. I think Misty liked the compliments, but I don't think Misty ever seriously considered staying with Rudy: it would separate her from Ash and would prevent her from traveling.

I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...

I agree, I wish more people would understand and agree with this. I think Misty didn't immediately reject Rudy because she didn't want to hurt his sister, but I think she never even considered staying with Rudy.

This one was a pretty good battle, and Misty stayed with Ash, though some peoples don't even know why

Well, Misty's crush on Ash, and/or not having feelings Rudy?

It was just unclear why she'd chose Ash over him without any explanation. We will never find out.

Well, Misty's crush on Ash and her not being attracted to Rudy seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.

Well, Ash's jealousy implies something else! XD

Last edited:

ArmadaUGS

This episode is so good!
A great episode for at least the Pokeshippers. This episode (and OI/Second movie in generall) gave us much Pokeshipping stuff. Misty really show us here that she likes Ash more then just as a friend. Misty do get flattered (many people would in a situation like this) but she do realize that her heart is with Ash and that's why she picks him in the end. The fact Ash is also very jealous in this episode is so great!

Like Rudy said ""I'll have you know, you're a very lucky guy Ash."
Ofc Ash don't understand what he means cause he is probably thinking he meant by the battle. But even Rudy could see what Ash/Misty had after such a short while. Would be awesome if this lucky guy could get what he truly wants before the anime ends.

Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost. :(

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost. :(

Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her. :)

Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her. :)
I feel the same way about Squirtle's Hydro Pump. I guess they wanted to make it unique and not too similar to Water Gun.

p96822

Evolve me please
This gym battle sucks and they are reusing the same thing from the first two

Last edited:

NPT

Just a member
This episode was pretty good. Funny how the Gym Leader Rudy fell in love with Misty, but It's kinda weird that he fell in love with someone who is much younger than him. Rudy and Misty's interactions were cute though. I liked how Rudy took Misty's hand and started danceing with her. Seeing Rudy and Misty holding each others hands and dancing together was sweet, and sparkly background set the mood for that scene. Rudy didn't paid any attention to Ash, hence why he got mad. He wasn't jealous or something. Also, it's funny when Ash's Charizard used Flamethrower Misty's 'pretty' face and roasted her. XD

I enjoyed the Gym Battle between Ash and Rudy. Ash sends out his starter Pokémon Pikachu, but Rudy sends out a Electabuzz to battle it! since both are Electric- type Pokémon and Electabuzz is stronger than Pikachu, I was expecting Pikachu to lose... and it did! Oh well, at least Pikachu tries to take down Electabuzz with a Thunderbolt and a Quick Attack, but Electabuzz's ThunderPunch was too much for the little rodent. Now it's time for round 2, where both Trainers will use Grass-type Pokémon. So Ash sent out Bulbasaur, and Rudy sent out Exeggutor. Exeggutor was gaining the upper hand in the battle, but before it could knock Bulbasaur out.... Ash orders Bulbasaur to use Sleep Powder, which puts Exeggutor to sleep. I gotta admit, that was a good thinking from Ash's part. If it wasn't for Sleep Powder, Exeggutor would've defeated Bulbasaur. The battle between Squirtle and Starmie was the best out of all three battles in this episode. Starmie was getting the upper hand in the beginning, but Squirtle learned Hydro Pump, which pretty much turned the tables. Squirtle defeated Starmie with Hydro Pump and Skull bash was cool. I'm glad Ash got the Spike Shell badge, he deserved it.

Misty had to choose between traveling with Ash or staying with Rudy. It sure was a tough situation for Misty.... but as expected, she decided to travel with Ash in the end. I thought Rudy giving Misty flowers in the end was cute. It was nice of her to accept them and thank him.

Last edited:

couplesupporter

James FAN!
Would have been more interesting if she stayed with Rudy. I feel so bad that Marie never got a big sister like she wanted.

How could I think an episdoe like this wasn't that great? Episodes where Ash has a gym battle are always, in a way, interesting.

Anyway, the battle in this episode was great. Good to see Squirtle learn Hydro Pump. :)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Rudy was obnoxious imo. I disliked his arrogance and faux-class, but he was a pretty good Gym Leader at least. The drama between Misty and Ash felt forced though, and I really wish that Ash's Squirtle learning Hydro Pump had been this episode's highlight, yet I remember Misty's moments more than I remember Ash's achievement.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I didn't like Rudy, thank goodness Misty didn't choose to stay. As always Ash's ignorance to romance is funny

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Wow gym leader Rudy was such a romantic guy when he courted Misty lol. I liked how Ash got kind of bothered by how Rudy acted with Misty plus seeing Squirtle learn Hydro Pump was the highlight for me. :D