• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty VS May battle or not

Misty VS May battle?

• Yes

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Onijon

Pocchama Trainer
Do you want to see a Misty VS May battle?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Yes, but only if it gets interrupted. They should whittle each others' Pokemon's HP down to almost nothing, so it's a race to deliver the finishing blow, and then... "Prepare for trouble!" Maximum infuriation, minimum closure. *evilgrin*

Mse Ownage

Ur Going Down!
ye it looks cool i think
(misty wins with gyarados and politoed i think)
;)

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Sure. Then we can see that the only ones of Misty's Pokemon that are worth squat are Gyarados, Psyduck(deus ex!), and possibly Staryu.

Of course, with said three worth-squat Pokemon, Misty would obviously put up a good fight until it gets interrupted right at the end. Can't have the writers deciding if Squirtle's or Psyduck's deus ex is stronger, right? :p

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
If this would finally shut up the "Misty or May are stronger than each other!" arguments, then sure.

I would like to see May have established wins over the sidekicks though, and since Tracey is not terribly important, Misty is the only one left for her to beat.

Pure

back.
Yeah, definitely. In fact, I would like to see a Takeshi vs. Haruka battle, too, but that's not gonna happen.

It would prove who's a stronger battler, and they are both fairly experienced.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
Yep, I wanna see. But hopefully, fan hatred doesn't start up. Like: May should have won. Or Misty should have won, those stuff.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I would hate it. It would spark so much fan flaming. The Misty fans would say its a reason May should leave if Misty won and if May won the May fanbase would finally snap and go on a massive Misty bashing flame campaign that would be unrivaled by their current activities

Kabuto

little punks!
I'd like to see the battle itself, but the fanbase would torch the pokemon writing studio. Brock vs May was bad enough.

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I'd like one, but over Ash =]

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
intergalactic platypus said:
I would hate it. It would spark so much fan flaming. The Misty fans would say its a reason May should leave if Misty won and if May won the May fanbase would finally snap and go on a massive Misty bashing flame campaign that would be unrivaled by their current activities

I think it would be amusing though. As long as there is no Squirtle and no Psyduck, I'd love to see the fandom argue when the dues ex Pokemon are left aside.

You'd have some people claiming that Combusken should go down with one Water Gun and that it's cheap that it can put up a good fight against Water types, despite the fact that Combusken has shown countless times that it's quite powerful and can take a number of direct water attacks before going down.

Mostly though, I'd love to see the elitists whine about how their favorite girl lost on their Livejournals and their "precious" Bulbacast, like those fools did when May beat a different main character, if she wins.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Thank you, Cyber, for that balanced and objective analysis of what the fandom response would be. ;)

I admit, I would seriously love to see the May-fans' reaction if Misty won. It'd be too priceless for words. But in the interests of fairness, I imagine the writers would probably let them tie. Either that or it'll be in a contest battle, in which case May will win by the skin of her teeth. :/

I would be interested to see Misty in a contest, though. I bet she'd be pretty good at it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I technically don't believe that May's fanbase will be as uh...rabid if she lost to Misty then vice versa.

If Misty honestly beat May fair and square, I wouldn't really care, as long as May put up a good fight before going down. I'd like to see May have established wins over the sidekicks, but if she doesn't, it's no reason to throw a fit over it.

Of course, if Misty was in a Contest it would mean an automatic victory for May, since you know, Misty would have no use for a ribbon and May would need one. It's pretty much the reason May beat Brock.

I think Misty would put up a pretty great appeal though. :)

cold_katanagirl

Link Master
I'd prefer for it to be interrupted by Team Rocket or something (because you know it would happen), if only so it would irritate the majority of the fandom. Then again though, arguments about who would have won had the battle if they had actually finished would go on for years.... Eh.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I technically don't believe that May's fanbase will be as uh...rabid if she lost to Misty then vice versa.
lol, I think if the outrage over the Mirage special is any indication, they'd probably have a far worse reaction than the Misty fen.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
CyberCubed said:
Are you serious? Have you seen how much the May fanbase utterly loathes Misty? They already rip her to shreds; if they're favorite character beat her it would be a flamefest

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
intergalactic platypus said:
Are you serious? Have you seen how much the May fanbase utterly loathes Misty? They already rip her to shreds; if they're favorite character beat her it would be a flamefest

I think the May fanbase tends to be frustrated with Misty's fanbase, rather than the character herself.

There is a lot of elitism in some die-hard Misty fans, a few on this forum and a LOT on other Pokemon forums. You have your typical, "She was here first!" argument, followed by, "May is a newbie who doesn't know what she's doing and Misty is a Gym leader" argument, followed by, "May needs to leave because Misty can't sit out of the show for three regions in a row!" etc.

The May fanbase consists of a lot of people who talk about her physical appearance, and for some reason, Misty's fanbase is angered by this. Is it probably because the writers went out of their way to introduce a curvier and more girly model than the previous more rigid and not-so-curvy model? Is it because most of Misty's fans are female, and for some reason, they don't like the idea of a more naive, innocent, and more feminine female taking the lead while Misty has to clean up her sisters' mess?

Case in point, Misty herself is a fine character. I have enjoyed her in Kanto/Orange and all of her AG appearances. Do I want her back on the show? Not really, because the show is doing fine at is is and she would most likely bomb again if they tried to re-introduce her. Does that mean I have some undying hatred for Misty? Obviously not!

If it weren't for the obnoxious Misty fanbase trying to rationalize canon and trying to pretend that May isn't an important character, we would never have these debates. It's a shame, really, because people let their character preference affect their judgement as they watch this show. Some characters will get more spotlight than others, it's the rule of fiction.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Uh, dude, the May fanbase flattens the Misty fanbase. I think Misty's fans have largely stopped even trying to defend themselves. Notice how if you say you want May to leave and Misty to come back, you get jumped on? But if you say you hate Misty and want her never to come back, everyone lets it go.

And last I checked, the Misty fen don't have a particular problem with May's fanboys babbling on about her boobs all day. It's more that the rest of the fandom in general is tired of hearing about them. Really, they're not that interesting. Half the people on these boards have them.

Point being, trying to pin everything on one girl's supporters is a bit unfair, because it's quite clear to me that there'd be an outpouring of wank no matter who won. If they tied or the battle got interrupted, there might be even more. I enjoy watching the wank, so that's what I'm hoping would happen. :D

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
Well fair enough Cyber. I admit fanbase is one of the things that bothers me about May as well. As for people talking about her apparence, we get sick of people talking about her chest constantly thats all. There boobs. All girls have em, and MANY have them bigger then May