• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty?

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Wikipedia is just stupid. Never rely on it's lies. She will come back for an episode or two, just like May will, she wont rejoin though.

misty'scorsola

Beginning Trainer
My theory on Misty is that she will always be the original. She will always come back because everyone remembers her. She was on nearly every piece of merchandise back in the late 90s/early 2000s when Pokemon took over the world pretty much. May will be a remembered and loved character but will never compete with Misty's iconic status because she just wasn't around when pokemon was at it's height.

So in summary, yes, Misty will return in the future. Maybe it'll be for one episode, maybe two, or she may even come back to the show permanently. But one thing's for certain, she'll always be a part of the pokemon franchise because of her Gym Leader status in the games, and just isn't one of the many anime characters who can be swept under the rug and forgotten about because she's still an important figure.

misty'scorsola

Beginning Trainer
Everyone who compares May and Misty talk about character development and who's technically the better character. I think that when people answer these polls, they think about which character does more and has more of a storyline, rather than which one is their favourite. Being a popular character is about much more than tham having their own storyline, it's about their likeability. Most people forget this when answering polls and vote based on technicalities.

If Misty was so "forgotten" they'd never have brought her back at all for the Mirage pokemon special or the Hoenn two-part Togepi episodes. The anime is famous for plot-holes. Trust me, if the writers wanted to forget about Misty, she'd be long gone by now.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Misty is not going to be forgotten, we still see Tracey from time to time, right? The point is before she was just left out of the AG series, but now that she's left out of D/P too, that pretty much cements the route the writers are taking with the series. Dawn will probably get at least 4 years on the show like May did, and if she leaves too, the writers are more likely just to introduce yet another new girl onto the show. The point is while Misty was popular, both girls who came after her, (May and Dawn) also became widly popular characters in the fandom. So it seems that even with Misty gone, the writers found success with the two girls who came after her anyway.

Misty is a well-liked character but once the Johto saga started it became pretty obvious that the writers had trouble figuring out which direction to take her character. For the majority of Johto, Misty isn't focused on at all and just left on the sidelines, and her goal of being a Water Pokemon Master is touched upon only once with the Whirl Cup and that's it. After that ends she doesn't do much for the rest of Johto, and after that...well that's it.

If you ever rewatch the entire Johto saga in retrospect, it becomes pretty easy to see why that saga turned out to be her final region. It seemed like the writers didn't have a good grasp of what direction to take her in, and her character suffered because of it. The reason why she got those special episodes and appearances in Hoenn was so the writers could tie up some loose ends with her character now that they knew what to do with her. Its pretty obvious when you see the very first thing they do with Misty in AG is finally evolve her Togepi and have it leave. Realistically that should have happened back in Johto, but the writers didn't have any idea what they were doing back then.

I'm sure we'll see Misty show up for a few eps in D/P at some point, but if the past is any indication it won't happen that often. I understand that Misty fans are disappointed that the writers never used Misty to her full potential, but there's nothing that can be done about it, so just accept whatever appearances she gets between now and the end of the series and take it as a bonus.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^There is a possible filler season to wrap the show up once it is time. She was pretty good in Johto in parts, and she was used to her full potential, especially in the Orange Islands. But as I believe you have said numerous times the egg crippled her. Now I hate that @#$*! (Cartoon Cusses are the best because they don't mean a thing!)

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
I hope she doesn't come back because I wouldn't want her to be disgraced by a crappy voice actor.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
^She did actually sound like an older Misty. She just needed to do a different voice for May.

CrystalSaurTower

First off-eveyone who says Wikipedia isn't reliable has to realize that they have monitors who carefully check all changes made to any article, banning the editing of that article for a while so that they can fix it, then leaving it be. So please, just stop with that.

But Misty has aleady had an extended screen time, no reason to try to extend her already worn out character to the extremes in another region when theres fresher material out there to work with.

!!!Serebii Lover!!!

Weavile/Serebii Love
Misty might get a cameo but deffianately not May atleast not in this gen no she is in Johto contests what the hell would bring her to Sinnoh and even if she did what is she going to do to find Ash and the others I mean what willshe search all of Sinnoh?not gona happen

!!!Serebii Lover!!!

Weavile/Serebii Love
Misty might get a cameo but deffianately not May atleast not in this gen no she is in Johto contests what the hell would bring her to Sinnoh and even if she did what is she going to do to find Ash and the others I mean what willshe search all of Sinnoh?not gona happen

Sharpshooter

Battle Factory Champion
I would like her to come back but her role wouldn't be any more significant than just cameo appearances at best, not at least until the end of this current series anyway. Still there's always hope in future years.

Blaperile

Blaziken rules!
Maybe for a next season.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
I've never heard her new VA at all. Was it in the Home is Where the Start is episode?