• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misty?

dd1zzle

her Psyduck should evolve

misty'scorsola

Beginning Trainer
I guess the thing about anime is that it's always changing. Other TV shows start in the same situaution at the beginning of an episode, have their adventure, and everything goes back to how it was before, they wipe the slate clean and start over for the next episode. Anime is different, most of the time it's one long on-going story. It changes all the time - they visit new towns, add new characters (and new pokemon) and develop an overall storyline rather than smaller weekly stories as seen in Western cartoons such as the Simpsons.
Basically what I'm saying is, the anime will always be changing and I guess we just have to get used to the fact that we aren't always going to have the same characters.

I'm NOT saying that Misty won't come back, after all, Brock came back after the Orange Islands Season. I'm just saying that we may have to wait a while until the anime reaches a level at which Misty would best fit back into the picture. When the time is right, she may return. That may never happen, but I have a feeling it will.

Shindou-kun

Lunar Dancer
I've never heard her new dub and I don't want to. =O wait, I really just remembered that she had a new voice in Mastermind of Mirage. I didn't watch it because I thought the voices disgraced the show. But I remember she was in it. But I still don't remember it. <_>

Kazekun

I have no doubt in my mind that Misty will someday return to Pokemon, she is Ash's soul mate.

Also, I found this on Wikipedia:

Misty's Japanese voice actress, Mayumi Iizuka has hinted in her blog that Misty may return later in the Diamond and Pearl series

I just hope it's not for just cameos, she needs to return!

Kazekun

I've never heard her new dub and I don't want to. =O wait, I really just remembered that she had a new voice in Mastermind of Mirage. I didn't watch it because I thought the voices disgraced the show. But I remember she was in it. But I still don't remember it. <_>

I watched it (though it didn't feel the same with the different voices), you could tel they all had different voice actors/actresses.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I have no doubt in my mind that Misty will someday return to Pokemon, she is Ash's soul mate.

Do you even know what the meaning of soul mate is? Misty's personality is very different than Ash's.

And if the writers thought that Pokeshipping was too important to the show, Misty never would have been removed to begin with.

Cenzo

Red: True Master
Do you even know what the meaning of soul mate is? Misty's personality is very different than Ash's.

And if the writers thought that Pokeshipping was too important to the show, Misty never would have been removed to begin with.

Same with Advanceshipping eh? Oh well, we can at least say AAML had way more hints. Shipping aside the real reason she was replaced was M-O-N-E-Y. The prospect of playing as a main character on the show undoubtedly reeled a lot of kids in to buying RSE. She will return in a cameo, maybe more, but I doubt it for now. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
May's most popular ship in the fandom was Contestshipping anyway, and at least that ship led to something, even if we won't get to see it since its off-screen.

YaoiLink

Prince Charming
yah i miss her, she had way more spunk and carisma then the new girls ever did and she appeared in alot of the pokemon movies =/ and well its hard to replace a girl like her ^.^

Cenzo

She was in 5 movies, that's only 1 more than May. And as we get a few years into D/P, Dawn will probably be in at least 4 movies as well.

Probably, but do you see a cameo in any of the girl's future in a movie?

YaoiLink

Prince Charming
wait didnt we think of the same thing with brock? when he left and it was only misty, ash and tracy. and we thought that he was gone forever. well maybe it's the same case with misty. maybe the creators are biding there time for the right moment to put misty in =D

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
Has it ever been proven that the cameo Kasumi's VA mentioned was only referring to the 10th anime specials, or did the fans just assume?

Misty got cameos of 2-3 episodes in each of the last two regions, so maybe it's a tradition now for her to show up once a saga.

While May and Max are bound to show up again as frequently if not more so than Misty, if any of them are going to cameo during Shinou, I'd bet on Misty being the first. May is unlikely to detour all the way over to Shinou in the middle of her Johto contest quest unless she has a very good reason for it (or unless the writers get lazy/stupid/smoke too much weed again); a kid as young as Max shouldn't be travelling so far without a Pokemon; but Misty's gym leader duties don't require her to remain in Cerulean the entire year round. Maybe there'll be an Azurill festival.

Ummm, sounds like you're the one who doesn't know what soul mate means. It isn't someone who's got the same personality as you. A kindred spirit is closer to what you're thinking of. A soul mate is the one person in the world who is destined for you. They will not necessarily be anything like you. In fact, opposites-as-soulmates are a popular notion - the idea of two different people supplying everything the other lacks and together making up a whole, perfect human being, blah blah blah.

What soulmates and kindred spirits have in common is that they are a) bollocks, and b) abused horrendously as terminology by shippers with their heads in the clouds. The end.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
wait didnt we think of the same thing with brock? when he left and it was only misty, ash and tracy. and we thought that he was gone forever. well maybe it's the same case with misty. maybe the creators are biding there time for the right moment to put misty in =D

The difference was Brock was only gone for 30 episodes. The other difference was Tracey wasn't liked all that much so they brought back Brock.

May was very popular, which is why after Hoenn ended she stayed for the Battle Frontier season. And now that she's gone, we have Dawn for the D/P series for the next four years.

If you add Hoenn + Battle Frontier + D/P together, Misty has been gone for about 240 episodes so far.

Brock was just gone for 30 eps and came back, Misty has been gone for 5 years and two girls have come after her. There's a big difference.

Cenzo

^Pretty much, but we don't know. They could be right....

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Has it ever been proven that the cameo Kasumi's VA mentioned was only referring to the 10th anime specials, or did the fans just assume?
Kasumi's VA mentioned a 10th Anniversary appearance, and hosted the little segments after all the 10th Anniversary episodes...so, yeah, that's pretty likely she meant that.