• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MistyXDawn Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
welcome to the MistyXDawn thread! here you can discuss, post fanart, do whatever just follow the Serebii rules^^

i dunno this shipping's name. if anyone does please tell me. thanku!
and i drew a little piccie for the MistyXDawn shippers out there:)

[IMG200]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/other/M-D.jpg?t=1178186233[/IMG200]

Fanlist:
XxEndless SummerxX
WrongedQueen
JoJo
Liberty4Pokemon
Whiscash
Moonlight Burakki
Katsu Koneko
HoneyClover112
Fluffball
Cor
XWiseOneX
and so....DISCUSS!! :p

Last edited:

Vycksta

That's a really good drawing actually. You're a good little artist.

... and Misty x Dawn is actually nameless, so you're free to come up with any suggestions.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
why thank u Vycksta, thats nice of you to say:)

a name? hmm...how bout aquapearlshipping? or waterbellshipping? i dunno, those seem to come to my head.

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
I love this ship! And I like the name OddGirlShipping - because Misty and Dawn are girls 1 and 3, and they're both a bit peculiar. AquaPearlShipping isn't bad, but might people get it confused with SapphirePearlShipping (May/Dawn)?

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
I haven't really been very involved in shipping, but Dawn and Misty would be really cute together. If you're not settled on a name yet, might I suggest Oystershipping? Not sure if that name is taken or not....but it probably is not. It still holds the water and pearl connotations, but without anything that would remind you of another ship.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
oystershipping, oddgirlshipping...they all sound good to me. how do you make a name official though? well anyway i'll make a topic..

How should Misty and Dawn meet?

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
^ Misty and Dawn could well meet some time in Shinou, if Misty puts in her regional cameo. If that's the case, it might be fun to see Misty enter a contest against Dawn, although May's a lot more likely to be given that role.

Alternately, I'd like to see a Cerulean episode again. Outside of Chronicles, all of Misty's episodes have been set away from the gym. So...... Misty+Dawn+gym(+Daisy? *hopeful*)= ...swimsuit fanservice?

Ooh, Oystershipping's a clever name. Now I'm torn.

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
How should Misty and Dawn meet?

I had thought something like a Water-type competition the writers would use to show off the new D/P water types and bring back a few favorite people (Misty, Wallace, etc.) as judges. Dawn would enter her starter and win the competition. Misty would come up to her later and pretend she was there to talk to Ash and Brock, but soon the two would get into a conversation and become friends. Afterward, the whole group would go get dinner, with Misty and Dawn sitting together, talking and laughing. Outside, they would smile at each other and hold hands (thoroughly confusing Ash, who wonders why they are so close so quickly). Misty would realize how late it was, and sighingly say goodbye to her (and Ash and Brock, of course). As she walks away, she'll turn her head back and call, "I guess I'll see you if you're ever in Cerulean, Dawn!" Dawn would blush and call back, "You bet!"

I know it sounds pretty cliche, but it seems like the sort of thing that would actually happen on the show. Of course, who can really tell? I can also imagine Misty traveling with the group for a few episodes, and one night they decide to go for a swim in a nearby river. Lots of splashing and comments about "How beautiful the stars are tonight" (and yes, both of them in bathing suits), then going back to camp and sitting by the fire together to dry off, towels thrown over their shoulders. Dawn would lean against Misty's shoulder and start to fall asleep, with Misty putting an arm around her and smiling into the fire, starting to drift off herself. They wake up in the morning, both still in their bathingsuits. Ash asks them why they are dressed that way, and they just smile at each other.

Also cliched, maybe, but cliche can still be cute.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
Aw, I love your drawings! I tried to do some, but I'm not a very good artist...maybe I'll try my hand at a fanfic. It would be so funny if pachirisu fried her bike! I can imagine her looking at it with a sigh, saying, "This feels familiar..." Then shrugging and accepting it, causing Ash to exclaim, "How can you just accept it? When pikachu did that, you stalked me for two years until it got fixed!" Then, when he finally looks at them, the two girls are talking some distance away, not having heard a thing.

Vycksta

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX said:
oystershipping, oddgirlshipping...they all sound good to me. how do you make a name official though?
*steps in with Volkner plushies and Sneasel army* TA-DA!

Seriously though, I have a Bulbagarden account. As long as you... meaning, all of you... are happy with one of the names then I will submit the name to Bulbagarden to you so it then becomes official. I will admit though, Oystershipping is a name made of so many wins. That gets my vote.

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
I suppose my inclinations towards the name oystershipping are already sort of obvious. So, I guess it depends on what the other people here think and want. While I may like the name, they might love Oddgirlshipping or Aquapearlshipping too strongly to bear this ship being named anything else.

So, for the moment, I'll wait to hear what everyone else has to say.

Vycksta

That's fine, it can take however long needed. My best bet would be to keep a tally for a day or two and whoever gets the most votes becomes the name.

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
That sounds like a good suggestion to me. As it is, there are only three other people who've posted. Two days should be more than enough for anyone who wants to submit their opinion on the issue. I still find it surprising that a ship involving two main characters hasn't been named yet, considering the hundreds of ships that have already been named.

Ah well. I suppose I should go work on my fanfic while I'm waiting.

Vycksta

Agreed. There are heading on for 3,000 Pokemon ships and some have only recently got names... for example Gary x James. Finally got a name today and ironically it's called AboutTimeshipping.

But back to Misty x Dawn... as said, i'll be happy to submit the name for you but until then i'll let you all decide on the best name.

WrongedQueen

Suspicious Ice
Alright. Thank you for your help, Ms. Vycksta. After the name gets sorted out, things are probably going to be pretty quiet around here. Most nevermet ships tend to start out this way; with some bubbly excitement at the beginning and then a drop into obscurity, only reemerging at such a time as the characters actually meet, if then.

Night_Walker

It would be so funny if pachirisu fried her bike! I can imagine her looking at it with a sigh, saying, "This feels familiar..." Then shrugging and accepting it, causing Ash to exclaim, "How can you just accept it? When pikachu did that, you stalked me for two years until it got fixed!" Then, when he finally looks at them, the two girls are talking some distance away, not having heard a thing.

LOL I know what you mean it'd just be great!

Though Dawn is a lot like Ash was at the start of his journey (or so I've heard) so I think Misty and Dawn would have a bit more of a 'bickering' relationship, though it would perhaps not be as bad as it was with Ash & Misty.

Liberty4Pokemon

Vogue to the Music
*Loves the pairing*

Everybody (including myself) has been so focused on SapphirePearlShipping they've missed this awesome ship >~>. I actually can see this ship as more likely to happen than SapphirePearl. I really hope (if Dawn and Misty ever meet) that they'll make their interactions more interesting than the nice and polite interactions May and Misty had when they were in the same episode (heh, I said almost the same thing in the SapphirePearl thread at BulbaGarden o.o).

On the name issue, I'm personally sold on OddGirlShipping, the name's so kawaii! n-n

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.