• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Misunderstood (a poem one-shot)

Gardevoir Girl

is NOT a girl
I decided to write this after a certain incident on a certain forum, during which my friends and I were attacked by everyone else (including a certain person who I had called my friend until he joined the flamers). If he is reading this, he’ll know who he is and he’ll know that I couldn’t possibly hate him any more now. But this isn’t about him, it’s about the story. This is more like a poem that doesn’t rhyme (there’s a name for it but I forget what it is).

In case you’re wondering why it’s here rather than in the Non-Pokemon section, this is about the discrimination always directed at Pokephiliacs. And it may be hard to tell without a proper description, but the second character is a Pokemon.

Misunderstood (a poem one-shot)​

I fall

Steadily I fall

Into the depths of despair.

I beg

Silently I beg

That someone will be there to catch me.

I watch

Torturously I watch

As the insults build higher and higher.

I scream

Chokingly I scream

Drowning under taunts and jeers.

Betrayal

Agonizing betrayal

Stabbed in the back by a friend.

Alone

Painfully alone

Feeling the darkness closing in.

I ache

Tearfully I ache

For the ones I love to save me.

I cry

Desperately I cry

For the pain to finally stop.

Hatred

Blind hatred

Heaped upon everyone I care about.

Pain

Burning pain

As their words tear me apart.

Misunderstood

Always misunderstood

We are different but the same.

Despair

Only despair

As we fall to discrimination.

Respect

Craving respect

We are no less worthy than you.

Surrender

Blissful surrender

Allowing it to wipe my pain away.

Alone

Not alone

Feeling warmth in the darkness.

Eyes

Sorrowful eyes

Watching me crouch on the floor.

A hand

Offering a hand

To help me to my feet.

Hearts

Two hearts

Beating the rhythm of love together.

Different

So different

But we are united as one.

Love

Sacred love

A barrier to defend us from hatred.

Embrace

Sweet embrace

Letting myself relax into his arms.

Together

Always together

Nothing can hurt us now.

Understood

Finally understood

By the one I give my heart to.

Alone

Blissfully alone

In our world of two.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
Thats a very touching poem.

I like the way where some times, the words do rhyme together in a beautiful and non-rigid sense (rigid as in all the poem does is rhyme).

What can I say... its beautiful.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod

*struggles to think*

... best I can descibe this is *beautiful*. Which I don't often use as a word.

That poem came out really well. I quite liked the structure of it - simple but worked well.
Critique... well, it's hard to critique a poem and all - although sometimes the syllables used in each second line of each 'segment' (e.g. 2nd line, 5th line, 8th line, 11th line, etc) varied a bit too much (from 3 to 7 as the max) - but really doesn't matter - no changing needed, just a preception, as it still fitted in regardless.

But the feeling and emotion there! Really strong, and one of my favourite aspects of your writing. Really shone strongly in this poem, and that's why I like it so much. :)

So, who was the Pokemon then? ;) Nice work.

Gardevoir Girl

is NOT a girl
Thank you both for reviewing. I noticed that both of you called it beautiful... I was just aiming to get my feelings out before they exploded and caused a heart failure. Although I still feel betrayed... I hope the backstabber reads this and realizes that I'm talking about him.

You know who you are. And we both know that you're on this forum. I'd have to be blind and have the memory span of a goldfish not to know that.

On to reviews...

although sometimes the syllables used in each second line of each 'segment' (e.g. 2nd line, 5th line, 8th line, 11th line, etc) varied a bit too much (from 3 to 7 as the max)

The structure was meant to be very loose, three lines per paragraph, the second line just the first line with a word added to the front. And the third line added on to that. But I'm sure you realized that. I don't know, if it's crap I wouldn't be surprised, because I was crying when I wrote it and I could barely see.

So, who was the Pokemon then?

I know I don't need to answer that.

~GG~

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Nice poem, there. One understands the mysterious ways of the pokephiliac, even though one isn't one oneself*shot*, but generally this poem is deep indeed. Your feelings into this, although I do say a little simple, do show that even those who are misunderstood feel that their opinions are to be shared.

In spite of my general neutral-negative approach to pokephilia (one sees that loving a fictional pokemon is as futile as those goddamned shippers up there, and pretty much doesn't really care about the feelings, but meh, I've still to find love), this gives a definite point to others and trolls out there: 'STFU and go play with yourselves, we <3 our pokemon and nothing will change that.'

Bravo, GG, bravo.

Buizelfan61393

53, in Buizel Years
sorry i'm late to review it, but after the incident (which i was the biggest idiot in) i wasn't in the mood to do anything.

GG, that was one of the best poems i have ever read, especially since the meaning is so deep, and i felt everything the narrator was saying. i know you don't think the poem was so good, and that you were just trying to say all your feelings, but isn't that what poetry is? expressing your feelings through words? you really have some poetic talent there GG, and your fanfic writig is really good too. in other words, you're really good as a writer

Gardevoir Girl

is NOT a girl
Buizel, stop blaming yourself. I've already said that it was my fault for suggesting it. I've said it in your apology and I've said it several times in the CBox. The backstabber is not you, he's the one I was ranting about.

Thank you both for the reviews.

~GG~

Gardevoir Girl

is NOT a girl
First, than you for your reviews, everyone. Second - I can't believe I have to say this - I'm posting this in response to a PM I just gave a very angry reply to.

Everyone who reads this, this poem is NOT about Psyblade. Don't ask, because I'm trying to put him out of my memory. It is about someone else who I will not name, because he PMed me and we are (sort of) friends again. So I'll spare him the shame of being named as a backstabber publicly.

~GG~