• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mixed Tier Weatherless Team

dpdude

teehee
Ive been out of battling for a long time now, mainly because I had no way of trading but now that I do have a way of trading, I decided im gonna get back into it. The main focus of my team is having ninjask at the core as a BPer so I kinda built the team around him. there is no specific tier im planning on playing in as you can tell from the title, and im not using weather. I used a sandstorm team before that didn't work out as well as I had planned it to so I decided to try something new and post it here to see what you guys think of it. well, here goes nothing.....

Zoroark@ choice scarf/focus sash
252spatk, 252spe, 4hp
Naïve/Timid
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Dark Pulse
U Turn/HP ice

I know this is an interesting choice for a lead but I decided im gonna need someone who can counter most common leads and possibly scout the other team. I don't want the other team setting up on me because SR completely destroy the whole purpose of my team.

Starmie@ life orb
252spatk, 252spe, 4hp
Timid/Modest
ice beam
thunderbolt
surf/scald
rapid spin

I need a spinner in order to get rid of the pesky rocks just in case a lead manages to get rocks or spikes up before I get a chance to beat him. thunderbolt and ice beam for the bolt beam combo and surf for reliable stab. but im leaning towards scald for the chance to burn and to cripple the likes of tyranitar and salamence.

Blissey@leftovers
252def, 252spdef, 4spatk
calm/bold
flamethrower
stealth rock
toxic/aromatherapy
softboiled

I went through the list of different walls and pokemon who set up entry hazards and I finally decided I don't think I have enough room on my team for both. so I came up with a hybrid wall/entry hazard blissey. flamethrower for residual damage and SR for the set up. cant decide if I want to cripple the other team with toxic or if I want to save my team from status with aromatherapy.

Ninjask@leftovers
248hp,236def, 24spe
bold
swords dance/hone claws
protect
substitute
baton pass

pretty standard set. nature and EVs for added stability. this ninjask is very susceptible to taunt users so I have to be very careful in doing this one. the whole purpose of him is to set up and increase the attack and speed of the remaining 2 members of my team.

Sawk@expert belt/life orb
252atk, 252spe, 4def
jolly
close combat
stone edge
ice punch
reversal/EQ/pain split

this guy will do some damage with the speed boost and an SD boost from ninjask. the last slot is mostly filler so whatever fits in best with him is the one I will choose. reversal is for if hes at 1 hp thanks to sturdy.

Golurk@choice band
252atk, 252spe, 4hp
adamant
EQ
shadow punch
ice punch
drain punch

I switched out rotom for golurk because it was brought to my attention that rotom w was no longer ghost/electric. so I switched it to golurk because he can benefit more from the boosts given to him so graciously by ninjask.

now I know if im using a BP team I should have maybe used a BP chain but that's just not my style. and im open to suggestions/ replacements so whatever you guys would feel performs better than go ahead. im all ears. and I just thought Id let you know, just as an fyi I don't have any dream world abilities or anything weird like that lol. but heres my team.

Last edited:

loco1234

BEEDOOBEEDOOBEEDOO
I don't have time for a full rate now but I would like to point out that Rotom-W is not a spinblocker in BW2. It's Electric/Water, not Electric/Ghost.

dpdude

teehee
ahhhh dang I forgot. well, nix rotom then lol. ill come back with an edit later.

Hopkinc1

Music = Life
We need a little bit more man, You got a good start here but we also need abilities (Some are easy to assume but it still helps).

Your Ninjask is just taunt bait. I say get rid of swords dance/hone claws, and then put on x-scissor. that way if push comes to shove you aren't taunt bait but can actually defend yourself.

I'd go aromatherapy on blissey. This team is really physical so a burn would not be good for it. Other than that it looks great man!

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
We need a little bit more man, You got a good start here but we also need abilities (Some are easy to assume but it still helps).

Your Ninjask is just taunt bait. I say get rid of swords dance/hone claws, and then put on x-scissor. that way if push comes to shove you aren't taunt bait but can actually defend yourself.

I'd go aromatherapy on blissey. This team is really physical so a burn would not be good for it. Other than that it looks great man!

I'd just like to point out that X-Scissor is crappy on Ninjask because it isn't beating the common Taunt users (Skarmory, Terrakion, Sableye, Jellicent) with it. You're better off just switching out and Swords Dance can be fantastic to pass at times. And you don't need Aromatherapy on Blissey because both it and Starmie (If you're running Natural Cure) can absorb status for you. Go with Toxic or Thunder Wave. And ditch Flamethrower for Seismic Toss because you do hit Ferrothorn, but its still pretty weak in Rain and it gives him time to get hazards up, and heavy offensive pressure can keep Starmie from spinning. And on Blissey either go 252 HP / 252 Def or 252 HP / 252 Spec D or hell just go with Chansey if you want more of an (almost) all purpose wall. Other than those few nitpicks, I don't have much to say since I don't do mixed tier teams. Maybe give Golurk an Expert Belt so he can abuse the Speed Boost and possible SD boost more by changing moves. And as for Zoroark I'd probably go with Focus Sash so he can be less restricted should he receive a speed boost pass.