1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

MizuJosh's Sprite :D

Discussion in 'Fan Sprites' started by MizuJosh, Jan 18, 2010.

1. MizuJosh

MizuJosh Sapphire Kingdra

MizuJosh's Sprites of Spriteliness

Larger Pixels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Custom
    [​IMG]

Trainers
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Note: This is just my recent stuff. I have a ton more that I may post later. :)

2. A7X_Slayer

A7X_Slayer PSN Yuri-Onee-Chan

I really like the trainers

3. Lucas666

Lucas666 Dragon Trainer

I like your stuff, especially the Espeon. The bottom trainer though, I think should have a lighter shading before you get into the darkest shade, just to even it out. Also, I think that you should start using actual sprites and start scratching, fusing, etc.

4. MizuJosh

I agree, that one was a request. :)

I'm not really into the Fakemon thing, so I don't fuse much. However, the "Custom" Fire Emblem mug up there is scratch.

Kingdra is personally my favorite. :D

5. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

I love pixel overs, so I commend you on those. I also love your custom sprite of Leonard, if I'm not mistaken, from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. I reckon putting more darker lines in the pixel overs may be the only improvement on that front. You have promise, keep up the good work.

6. MizuJosh

:D Thank you!

I really appreciate the constructive criticism.

And yep, it's Leonardo from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.

7. bones090

bones090 < brav man i is sick

Really quite amazing work, although your shading on your trainer sprite does need to be lighter (I know it's been said before).

Did you scratch over other sprites or did you make your headshots yourself?

8. MizuJosh

The headshots are splices with some scratch work. For example, the first headshot (which was a request) was a splice of Pryce and Silver, and I added a lot of custom (I used the back of Pryce's hair and his arm, I believe) to the clothing and hair.

9. bones090

bones090 < brav man i is sick

cool, i'm actually amazed to how you fused them but they had no resemblance whatever afterwards!

10. MizuJosh

Well thanks. :)

2nd is Falkner and Silver, using some of Misty's palette, I think.
    3rd is Gold and Aaron. I'm thinking of editing it and giving him longer hair in the back though, since it's my OC.

11. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

Yeah, you might want to work on the Gold/Aaron fusion. Just because the neck doesn't look right on the mugshot, and the head looks too big on the trainer sprite. As well as the body looking to small in comparison to the legs and head.

12. MizuJosh

Eh, it was a rushed piece, anyway. Haha. I'll fix it eventually.

13. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

Oh good. It'll be nice to see complete though. I look forward to it.

14. MizuJosh

I just dug up some *very* old work.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

Still love the Fire Emblem shots, as always. And I take it you revamped the gyms in DPPt style? And I like the second attempt of Espeon more, but there is barely any black in it, and because of that, some things in it don't look right, like it's tail reminds me of play-doh. Keep bringing on new stuff.

16. MizuJosh

They're really old. Hah. Probably a good 4 years ago?

The gyms were FR/LG Styles, by the way.

17. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

Oh XD Yeah, I see it now. I have no idea how I thought they were DPPt style >.> And I have to say, the purple on Falkner's revamp is kinda bright XD

18. MizuJosh

Hmm, it's rather dark on my laptop, I'll check it out. I think I'll eventually redo them the right way. Possibly HG/SS styled (since the HG/SS gyms are remade).

19. Serris

Serris Jewel Of Osiris

Weird. It's not overly bright on my end, but it's like a bright magenta like colour. And HGSS style original looking gyms will be something to see.

20. MizuJosh

Of course, those were my first ever attempts at tiles...