• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mlb 2016

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Urias wasn't as sharp as people were expecting but at least he didn't get his first career lost game
19 year old pitching against a formidable Met's lineup... yeah, odds really weren't in his favor

Ilikepiex7

First all star game voting update shows Cubs vs Royals. Let's see which team gets the most players in the all star game lol

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Rangers will be moving into a new retractable roof stadium in 2021.

I think this is a great move for the team, given the weather in Dallas-Fort Worth.

I think MLB should adopt a rule requiring all future stadiums having a roof of some sort (whether it be fixed or retractable), with current (and one future) outdoor venues being grandfathered under the new rule. The idea is to one day rid MLB of rainouts and improve the overall fan experience weather-wise.

BCVM22

I think MLB should adopt a rule requiring all future stadiums having a roof of some sort (whether it be fixed or retractable)

Impossible and impractical to institute, given what that adds to the cost of stadium construction, and the league knows far better than to try that. The Rangers are replacing their 22-year-old (!!) stadium likely using an abundance of public funds because Arlington is scared stiff that some other north Texas city will beat them to it. It's not extortion per say, but it's sure not great use of public money.

AJ2000

The Rangers will be moving into a new retractable roof stadium in 2021.
I think MLB should adopt a rule requiring all future stadiums having a roof of some sort (whether it be fixed or retractable), with current (and one future) outdoor venues being grandfathered under the new rule. The idea is to one day rid MLB of rainouts and improve the overall fan experience weather-wise.

I agree, but like BCVM said, it's not cheap, so it's really only worth it in places that have extreme weather tendencies. Not only that, but I feel like the open roof also gives that old-time baseball atmosphere!

Joltik-Kid

Wonder where Youke is... the Sox April must be a mirage at this point. Shocks me that White Sox seem to think James Shields is magically gonna become a good pitcher again

Wow Dodgers designated Crawford for assignment wow
That's gonna be a tough pill to swallow if someone picks him up and he actually performs... Even if he doesn't he's still getting paid

BCVM22

Shocks me that White Sox seem to think James Shields is magically gonna become a good pitcher again

I agree he's not very good anymore and going to a hitter-friendly park like U.S. Cellular Field, in a summer like Chicago's, is probably not going to help any. I don't think they believe it will happen "magically" (nor do I) but the cost in players to obtain him was low, the monetary cost only slightly higher and they have a very well-regarded pitching coach. The deal was there to be made and they made it. Maybe it'll work out for them, maybe it won't, but that's the life of a GM when your team is floundering: make any move that isn't THE fictitious move that will solve every one of your team's issues (this doesn't exist) and you get lambasted, do nothing and you get lambasted.

That's gonna be a tough pill to swallow if someone picks him up and he actually performs

Were I the Dodgers I would not be losing sleep over it.

Joltik-Kid

I don't know if Fulmer can realistically keep it up, but my gosh he's been one of the best pitchers in Baseball lately.

I agree he's not very good anymore and going to a hitter-friendly park like U.S. Cellular Field, in a summer like Chicago's, is probably not going to help any. I don't think they believe it will happen "magically" (nor do I) but the cost in players to obtain him was low, the monetary cost only slightly higher and they have a very well-regarded pitching coach. The deal was there to be made and they made it. Maybe it'll work out for them, maybe it won't, but that's the life of a GM when your team is floundering: make any move that isn't THE fictitious move that will solve every one of your team's issues (this doesn't exist) and you get lambasted, do nothing and you get lambasted.
I thought it was a decent move given how cheap it was, but starting pitching wasn't their most pressing need considering they sit middle of the pack if not close to the bottom in offense. Then again Sale's SO rate is down while his Walks are up and their other guys can't seem to stick around longer then 6 innings most nights, so who am I to judge their needs. That pen though, it sure is a roller coaster ride (not that I'm one to talk about that considering I'm a Tigers fan)

Were I the Dodgers I would not be losing sleep over it.
You're right about that once I really thought about it... too many young outfielders out there that will perform better at some point if they aren't already.

Ilikepiex7

Royals and Red Sox control the AL all star voting while the Cubs control the NL all star voting but I'm amazed that Corey Seager is not even in the top 5 at shortstop in the NL voting

Ilikepiex7

The dodgers' offensive can be difficult to watch sometimes seeing them struggle to score runs on every pitcher and only having 4 players hitting above .225 batting averages right now while most teams seem to have their entire starting line up hitting above that mark

Ilikepiex7

tough day for former middle infield stars Rollins and Reyes released and Infante designated for assignment despite the fact Infante is currently third place in the all star game voting lol

Joltik-Kid

Kinsler might not deserve the starting role over Altuve, but he's putting up some gaudy numbers for a guy who hits Lead Off. Then again the whole voting thing is a shame anyway.

BCVM22

Not that anyone can replace Kershaw, but that's a little like replacing a Ferrari with a junker that's had a new coat of paint and some repairs.

Ilikepiex7

Hopefully Kershaw will be back soon the Dodgers already had a rotation + worth of injured starting pitchers. All star voting ends today and soon we will know which players are going to make the team.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Cubs look like the crappy 2009-2014 Cubs these past few weeks with making errors and mistakes, bad pitching, and stranding runners in scoring position with less than two outs. It's very disappointing to see them regress back to this crap.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It's 2016 and the Cubs are still having trouble with the Mets. Perhaps this has always been the case, like in 1969?