• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mlb 2016

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Terry Francona sure knows how to manage baseball.
Both these managers are among the best in baseball. What Maddon did in Tampa Bay and Francona did in Boston, plus what they're doing now, proves it. I would've thrown my guy Showalter in there too, but he messed up a bit during the playoff game vs Toronto by not putting Britton in when needed, still a solid manager though. Btw, Britton won the AL RP award. :)

Lord Scalgon

What title?
I really hope that's fake. People that actually do that **** make me feel so embarrassed for them.

This was on Twitter, actually. Alternatively, you can read more on this here.

Well, he's about to be disappointed. Unless the Cubs can come back from this 3-1 deficit.

Albeit technically possible, but it is no easy feat. Similarly enough in the NBA, the Cavs achieved this feat.

It could happen, but probably not this year lol. Still that's funny

Slim chances, but all it takes is an unexplainable, yet huge miracle for them to pull it.

Speaking of old yearbooks......

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I hope for his sake they do win, or else he's going to have to change the year. Now that's what I call dedication though.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
This was on Twitter, actually. Alternatively, you can read more on this here.

Albeit technically possible, but it is no easy feat. Similarly enough in the NBA, the Cavs achieved this feat.

Slim chances, but all it takes is an unexplainable, yet huge miracle for them to pull it.

Speaking of old yearbooks......

It's amazing that that guy was so close to being right lol. Still being in second place isn't bad at all.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Well, unless a meltdown happens, looks like we're heading for a Game 7! Being the baseball fan I am, doesn't get any better than this. ;)

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Well, unless a meltdown happens, looks like we're heading for a Game 7! Being the baseball fan I am, doesn't get any better than this. ;)

Why would it have to be a meltdown? Could the Indians not score 7 runs just as easily as the Cubs have?

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
Why would it have to be a meltdown? Could the Indians not score 7 runs just as easily as the Cubs have?
Because we're into the late innings of the game where it's becomes a battle of the bullpens. If your RPs give up 7 runs with only a couple innings left to play, it's a choke/meltdown. I've seen it numerous times in baseball over the years.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Because we're into the late innings of the game where it's becomes a battle of the bullpens. If your RPs give up 7 runs with only a couple innings left to play, it's a choke/meltdown. I've seen it numerous times in baseball over the years.

I just don't get why it has to be considered a strong negative for the bullpen as opposed to a strong positive for the offense. Seems like a rally could just show the Indians fought hard rather than a pitcher or two choked.

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
I just don't get why it has to be considered a strong negative for the bullpen as opposed to a strong positive for the offense. Seems like a rally could just show the Indians fought hard rather than a pitcher or two choked.
In all honesty, it really depends on how you look at it. One headline would say, "Team A chokes," the other would say, "Team B rallies to victory." It's just like asking one of the oldest sports questions, did Team A lose the game? Or did Team B win the game?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Cleveland's offense isn't nearly as potent as the Cubs though, so I'd figure it would be on the Cubs if they blow a 7 run game, especially with how bad they've been tonight

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Cleveland's offense isn't nearly as potent as the Cubs though, so I'd figure it would be on the Cubs if they blow a 7 run game, especially with how bad they've been tonight

The Indians have scored way more runs going into this game (17-10) than the Cubs, so I'm not sure that's the case. And even with the 9 runs tonight, the Indians still have more runs than the Cubs throughout the series (20-19). And I wouldn't say scoring 3 runs is "bad." Those same 3 runs would have beaten the Cubs or extended every other game of this series.

All I'm saying is people want to count the Indians out because the Cubs had a couple good hits tonight. A grand slam is awesome and that's good for them, but that doesn't make Cleveland's offense any worse. Not to mention, the Cubs wouldn't have scored a couple of those runs if not for that idiot play in the 1st.

Joltik-Kid

The Indians have scored way more runs going into this game (17-10) than the Cubs, so I'm not sure that's the case. And even with the 9 runs tonight, the Indians still have more runs than the Cubs throughout the series (20-19). And I wouldn't say scoring 3 runs is "bad." Those same 3 runs would have beaten the Cubs or extended every other game of this series.
Well just like Miller giving up the HR in Game 4 to Fowler, you obviously pitch differently when you have a bigger lead. And even though Cleveland has "outscored" the Cubs, in Game 1 3 of those runs came when the game was basically out of reach in the first place, same with Game 4. Same can be said for the Cubs tonight, but 7 of them did occur early which put the game out of reach as no one but Kipnis could touch Arrieta in Games 2 and 6.

All I'm saying is people want to count the Indians out because the Cubs had a couple good hits tonight. A grand slam is awesome and that's good for them, but that doesn't make Cleveland's offense any worse. Not to mention, the Cubs wouldn't have scored a couple of those runs if not for that idiot play in the 1st.
Have you seen the Batting Averages for the Tribe? They're not hitting any better then Cubs in most regards, it's a mix of clutch hitting and flukey drops in the right places. And that's the big difference, the Cubs outclass the Tribe defensively.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Well just like Miller giving up the HR in Game 4 to Fowler, you obviously pitch differently when you have a bigger lead. And even though Cleveland has "outscored" the Cubs, in Game 1 3 of those runs came when the game was basically out of reach in the first place, same with Game 4. Same can be said for the Cubs tonight, but 7 of them did occur early which put the game out of reach as no one but Kipnis could touch Arrieta in Games 2 and 6.

Have you seen the Batting Averages for the Tribe? They're not hitting any better then Cubs in most regards, it's a mix of clutch hitting and flukey drops in the right places. And that's the big difference, the Cubs outclass the Tribe defensively.

The Indians have come away with way fewer actual home runs though. To me, that says the offense is better. That requires skilled base running, stealing, hitting, and all. And that to me shows that the Cubs defense also has been pretty poor compared to their usual level of play.

Joltik-Kid

The Indians have come away with way fewer actual home runs though. To me, that says the offense is better. That requires skilled base running, stealing, hitting, and all. And that to me shows that the Cubs defense also has been pretty poor compared to their usual level of play.
Ahh the age old Home Run doesn't matter debate...

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Ahh the age old Home Run doesn't matter debate...

The Royals hit a total of 2 in the World Series last year on route to a 4-1 series beatdown, so it can be said that home runs matter less than skilled hitting, base running and defensive play. Oh, and one of those was an in-the-parker, which shows more for the baserunning than power.