• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB Baseball Thread

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
No doubt, I'll continue to watch them through thick and thin

Sweep... I'm calling it now :D

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Best part of this is the Yankee "ace" Sabathia falling on his face. lets not forget the star-studded lineup failing either.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

Joltik-Kid

@waters CC is nothing compared to the Tigers second "ace"

I also found this funny "CC Sabathia is the 1st pitcher in #postseason history to give up 11+ hits while recording 11 outs or fewer"

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
@waters CC is nothing compared to the Tigers second "ace"

I also found this funny "CC Sabathia is the 1st pitcher in #postseason history to give up 11+ hits while recording 11 outs or fewer"

Max? No I still got to go with Sabathia there. In this case Sabathia just choked and the tigers took advantage

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Best part of this is the Yankee "ace" Sabathia falling on his face. lets not forget the star-studded lineup failing either.

Like that never happened to any other team.

But yes, even though the Yankees just scored, the Tigers will probably sweep the Yankees. Although the Tigers do have talent and skill, I doubt the outcome would be the same if the Yankees players actually hit like they were supposed to, and if Derek Jeter didn't get injured. I'm not saying the Tigers don't deserve their victory, I'm just saying that they would have had a much harder time if the Yankees didn't break down.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Like that never happened to any other team.

But yes, even though the Yankees just scored, the Tigers will probably sweep the Yankees. Although the Tigers do have talent and skill, I doubt the outcome would be the same if the Yankees players actually hit like they were supposed to, and if Derek Jeter didn't get injured. I'm not saying the Tigers don't deserve their victory, I'm just saying that they would have had a much harder time if the Yankees didn't break down.

You're right. but this is like Christmas day for the Yankee hater in me.

Joltik-Kid

I would say Price, Felix, and Weaver were this season
Maybe in terms of wins (though some of Justin's lack of wins have come from poor offense)... but looking at all-around stats... Justin beats them in something. Weaver has the lowest WHIP with Verlander in 2nd (beating Price), while Price has the lowest ERA with Verlander in 2nd (beating Weaver). Justin has the most strikeouts, complete games, and innings pitched. Can't really say much though, as these three are all special. Felix is cool and pitched a perfect game this year... but he's just a slightly above average pitcher. Now had you said Sale... then I'd have to say he's also gonna be up there someday

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Well, there you have it. Tigs sweep the Yankees and are World Series bound!

Man, I can hear the people outside cheering and stuff. :p

Joltik-Kid

I could go for a Philly Cheese Steak and some Coke right now XD

But seriously, talk about a complete turn around for him :D

EDIT: This has been in my head lately... but who'd of thought JV's ALG performance could actually affect the Tigers WS chances?

Last edited: