• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB Baseball Thread

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Congrats to Price. :) Obviously, I wish Verlander would have won it, but Price had an excellent season.

Unsurprisingly, R.A. Dickey won it on the NL side. Figured it would be him or Clayton Kershaw, but I figured they'd go for Dickey, just to give it to a knuckleballer.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I think he just wanted to go to any WS contender in general, not specifically the Tigers.

But yeah. Now all the Tigs need to do is get Sanchez signed, make someone the new closer, and maybe get a new bullpen arm, and they're set, in my opinion.
No, an article I heard on the radio today said he was planning to come here for quite sometime... not Texas, not the Dodgers, but here.

Either way though, despite his "age" two years is still plenty of time for him and can't wait to see how this plays out. He's a solid number 2 hitter IMHO

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
No, an article I heard on the radio today said he was planning to come here for quite sometime... not Texas, not the Dodgers, but here.

Either way though, despite his "age" two years is still plenty of time for him and can't wait to see how this plays out. He's a solid number 2 hitter IMHO
You're right, I had just read that.

He probably will be the #2 hitter. And it's not just that. Two years is also plenty of time for Castellanos and Garcia to polish their skills. I assume one of them is the Tigers RF of the future. And even if he declines, he can't be any worse than guys like Boesch or Raburn or Kelly or whoever.

PsychicPsycho

I think it is evident that the marlins are the worst franchise in baseball. Nice that they felt the need to screw with the balance of the AL East before they went down too..
I thought that move was crazy. For them to gather all those players and blow it up in just one year was very odd to me. I mean, yeah, the season wasn't the best last year but you have to give it some more time (although I wouldn't blame them for blowing it up next year if it still didn't work).

Also, I figured you'd be happy with the Jays (apparently) getting better- there'd be more of a chance they could beat your division rivals.
Unsurprisingly, R.A. Dickey won it on the NL side.
I'm happy for him to win it. I've heard his story on tv and couldn't help but root for him, despite the fact that I don't like the Mets.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I thought that move was crazy. For them to gather all those players and blow it up in just one year was very odd to me. I mean, yeah, the season wasn't the best last year but you have to give it some more time (although I wouldn't blame them for blowing it up next year if it still didn't work).

Also, I figured you'd be happy with the Jays (apparently) getting better- there'd be more of a chance they could beat your division rivals.
I'm happy for him to win it. I've heard his story on tv and couldn't help but root for him, despite the fact that I don't like the Mets.
I actually feel the O's and Jays are bigger threats at the moment than the Yankees and Red Sox. What has always held the Jays back is their starting pitching. That just got a lot better.

I would have preferred things stayed as they were. BTW why are you surprised that the marlins blew up their team? Its something they have made a habit of over the years

Think those fans in Miami are mad? They build a stadium largely off taxpayer money, then dismantle the team the year after

Joltik-Kid

You're right, I had just read that.

He probably will be the #2 hitter. And it's not just that. Two years is also plenty of time for Castellanos and Garcia to polish their skills. I assume one of them is the Tigers RF of the future. And even if he declines, he can't be any worse than guys like Boesch or Raburn or Kelly or whoever.
Anyone is better then Raburn... but back to that Sanchez thing, I hope we pick him up, but I don't know if he'll lower his "expected" income to stay with our team.

On another note, G$ is headed to the Braves

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Anyone is better then Raburn... but back to that Sanchez thing, I hope we pick him up, but I don't know if he'll lower his "expected" income to stay with our team.

On another note, G$ is headed to the Braves
Raburn's not that bad as an OF, but for that offense, it's just not worth.

Eh, they'll probably just bring up Bryan Holiday or something. Tigers have more important things to worry about than back-up catcher.

EDIT: And Miggy wins the MVP. Good. He absolutely deserved it.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Raburn's not that bad as an OF, but for that offense, it's just not worth.

Eh, they'll probably just bring up Bryan Holiday or something. Tigers have more important things to worry about than back-up catcher.

Not bad? Hmm, for every one good play he made in the OF, 3 mistakes/misplays happened.

Pierzynski Your probably right

EDIT: I took my idiotic post off... seesh I get it ;p

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Nothing wrong with sabermetrics. In fact, I think that had Miggy not won the Triple Crown, Trout would have won the MVP.

Joltik-Kid

"Take that Sabermetrics"? Really? Seriously? I'm sorry, are you six years old?
Hey, I'm all giddy right now okay... no I'm not 6 years old. I don't completely agree with the new age Sabermetric formula. WAR is not 100% there yet (in fact it's ridiculous right now as it stands) otherwise Ben Zobrist is exactly 9.3 percent better than Adrian Gonzalez.

BCVM22

I agree it's not yet a perfect statistic, but that doesn't discount the player value it indicates nor does it discredit the (now former) case for Trout as the MVP based on the total value he provided to his team nor does it at all discount the benefit of sabermetrics and the information they provide us.

Joltik-Kid

I agree it's not yet a perfect statistic, but that doesn't discount the player value it indicates nor does it discredit the (now former) case for Trout as the MVP based on the total value he provided to his team nor does it at all discount the benefit of sabermetrics and the information they provide us.
I still don't understand the WAR formula (as there is no established system for it) but based on Trout's performances, I think he rightfully deserved to be in the MVP discussion, possibly winning it had Cabrera not stepped his game up in the last two months that really counted.

BCVM22

There's no "possibly" to it. Neither one would have been the wrong choice. There is no argument - I repeat, no argument - for either one not being the MVP.

PsychicPsycho

I actually feel the O's and Jays are bigger threats at the moment than the Yankees and Red Sox. What has always held the Jays back is their starting pitching. That just got a lot better.

I would have preferred things stayed as they were. BTW why are you surprised that the marlins blew up their team? Its something they have made a habit of over the years
I still view the Yankees as valid contenders next year, but you've probably looked into the statistics more then me.

And I guess I haven't been watching baseball long enough to have seen them do it before.
Does anyone know how many points seperated he and Trout?
Aha, take that guy who argued about Trout quite a couple pages back... he used a shiny Magikarp avatar.
That would be woot21. And it's not like he was being ridiculous. As was stated later...

There is no argument - I repeat, no argument - for either one not being the MVP.