• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB Baseball Thread

Ichi

swagswagswagswagswag
Moved this thread to Entertainment. Also changed it to a general Baseball thread since we don't have one (why didn't we have one before?)

Silverwynde

My Sweet Guardian
Minds shouldn't have had to be changed in the first place. I stand by it.
Quoted for the bloody pine-tar-smeared truth. Any dimwits who were questioning it probably have just heard, in the past, some of what's necessary for a perfect game and just confused it with what's necessary for a no-hitter or something like that. Screwballs.

I watched the whole thing, and as much as I hate hate hate the Phillies (for 2008), I have to give all props to Halladay. Man can pitch. Wish my team had a batter-killer like that...

Hi, die-hard Brewers fan here. (/cries) Had really high hopes for Milwaukee this season. Oh, well. I got to be at the ballpark for Trevor Hoffman's 600th save, so it wasn't all teeth-gnashing for me this season. :) Don't know how much else of the postseason I'm going to watch--special acid for the Yankees and Phillies, but I hate pretty much every team in it but the Rays...

...this is gonna be a long wait to February.

Lord Scalgon

What title?
Not really surprised that Zito didn't make the 25-man Giants roster for the post-season. Not like it matters anyway, since he admitted that he didn't deserve to be a part of the lineup anyway.

(I remember reading somewhere that he could be traded to Seattle in the off-season, but I don't know if this is true, but someone can clarify this for me.)

EDIT: Giants shut out the Braves. Timmy gets 14 K's...way to go.

Last edited:

BCVM22

I remember reading somewhere that he could be traded to Seattle in the off-season, but I don't know if this is true, but someone can clarify this for me.

Making a questionable trade for a mediocre pitcher being paid waaaaaaaaay, waaaaaaay too much?

Sounds like a Mariner move to me.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Roy Halladay's no hitter was pretty cool. I've seen both his best games, the Perfect Game and the no hitter. I hope the Phillies make it to the World Series this year, but I'm predicting that they will lose to the Giants in the NLCS (if they get there).

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
The Twins just got swept. Am I surprised. Not at all. The last time they won a series was in 2002, last time they got a win was in 2006.

Needs a Deoxys

Go Yankees! Glad to see us firing on all cylinders and, contrary to what many people believed, being able to "turn on the switch," if you will. The same thing happened IIRC in 2000.

I'm also glad to see the Rays/Rangers series going 5, while we're resting (hopefully not rusting) up. We'll have the pitching advantage over whomever we face the first game of the ALCS, at least, considering that both aces are going tomorrow.

I'm actually rooting for the Rays in this game because Divisional playoff series are always fun. We'd better win it if it happens, though!

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Go Yankees! Glad to see us firing on all cylinders and, contrary to what many people believed, being able to "turn on the switch," if you will. The same thing happened IIRC in 2000.

I'm also glad to see the Rays/Rangers series going 5, while we're resting (hopefully not rusting) up. We'll have the pitching advantage over whomever we face the first game of the ALCS, at least, considering that both aces are going tomorrow.

I'm actually rooting for the Rays in this game because Divisional playoff series are always fun. We'd better win it if it happens, though!

I was happy the Twins got swept again as a Sox fan, but now I'm against the Yankees. I'd like to see Texas in the World Series to be honest. I want Texas/San Fran in the World Series.

SkinnySweatyMan

The Twins just got swept. Am I surprised. Not at all. The last time they won a series was in 2002, last time they got a win was in 2006.

Nope, A's swept 'em. http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/2006_ALDS2.shtml

Anyway, I officially don't care who wins the WS anymore. I originally was rooting for the Twins, but if they didn't get there I would have been content with either the Rays or Braves. Now I just want good baseball regardless of who wins.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One

RandomCharizard

Yankees really screwed up last night but I think pettites gonna show the rangers whats good on monday

i really hope the giants beat the phillies i hate the phillies so much

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Yankees really screwed up last night but I think pettites gonna show the rangers whats good on monday

Great matchup. The all-time postseason wins leader vs. a guy who's postseason record is 6-0 with an ERA under 2. I really don't mind who wins that series, but I also dislike the Phillies very much. Werth cussing out fans, Utley dropping F bombs in front of kids and pretending to get hit by an Aroldis Chapman fastball, and fans running on the field (and getting tazed) during the game. I mean no disrespect to Phillies fans, that's just my impression of them.

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers

Great matchup. The all-time postseason wins leader vs. a guy who's postseason record is 6-0 with an ERA under 2. I really don't mind who wins that series, but I also dislike the Phillies very much. Werth cussing out fans, Utley dropping F bombs in front of kids and pretending to get hit by an Aroldis Chapman fastball, and fans running on the field (and getting tazed) during the game. I mean no disrespect to Phillies fans, that's just my impression of them.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Wow the Yankees lost again. I was expecting a sweep, but it turns out the Rangers and Lee are better than I thought. Too bad Philly traded Cliff Lee, but I guess Halladay was worth it. The Phillies need to win this game to get a lead against the Giants, which will probaby then lead them to get into the WS.