• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB Baseball Thread

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Chicago Scrubs suck, I didn't know they let a little league team in the MLB.
That 11 game losing streak is just rediculis now.
I'm done with baseball this year, when does football season start?

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Hamilton is on another planet. 53 RBIs already and 20 homers

on a bright note, real kick in the gut series for the Red Sox after that "fight" friday. Rays get out of town 10 over 500 and tied for first, while the Sox once again are under 500.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
All of the eastern division teams are over .500.

I knew the fun with the Red Sox floundering under 500 wouldn't last :(
My Rays are hurting bad right now. All those injuries are really starting to take a toll. Good thing the O's decided to start tanking.

PsychicPsycho

Royals- Home: 5-17, Road: 15-11

lol, can we just play all our games on the road?

Also, wow, that homerun by Frazier (were he loses the bat) was really impressive. Then he saved a choking guy. He's having an interesting week so far.

I have a serious question though. Let say teams A & B are playing, with team B at home. It's the bottom of the 9th, with the score A: 3, B: 3. The pitcher for team A walks a batter, so they replace him. The replacement pitcher then gives up a homerun, giving team B the victory 5-3. Who gets the loss? I'm thinking it'd be the pitcher who walked the guy, but I'm not sure.

Also, something else I've always wondered about: can a reliever allow the other team to score runs purposely, giving himself a save situation? For example, the reliever enters with a 5-0 lead, and lets the opposition score 4 runs before tightening up and ending the game. Would he get a save?

BigMoney

I have a serious question though. Let say teams A & B are playing, with team B at home. It's the bottom of the 9th, with the score A: 3, B: 3. The pitcher for team A walks a batter, so they replace him. The replacement pitcher then gives up a homerun, giving team B the victory 5-3. Who gets the loss? I'm thinking it'd be the pitcher who walked the guy, but I'm not sure.
Yes.
Also, something else I've always wondered about: can a reliever allow the other team to score runs purposely, giving himself a save situation? For example, the reliever enters with a 5-0 lead, and lets the opposition score 4 runs before tightening up and ending the game. Would he get a save?
No.

BCVM22

The first pitcher, because the winning run, the baserunner he allowed via the walk, is charged to him.

For example, the reliever enters with a 5-0 lead, and lets the opposition score 4 runs before tightening up and ending the game. Would he get a save?

No. You can't get a save if the game isn't already a save situation when you enter it.

BCVM22

That's also impossible, yes. If you save the game but are also in line for the win - such as being the pitcher of record while pitching multiple innings, the last of which closes the game - you'll get the win.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
And if you watch football tony romo threw out the first pitch. Something tells me I'd like to keep him away and let him stay across the street at the cowboys stadium. He to me is a bad luck charm.

had to be bad luck if the Mariners put up 21. That offense is almost as bad as the Rays

Witchan

Shauntal, FTW!
I bet Mariners felt extreme happy for what their team did last night. It takes the Rangers back when they destroyed the Orioles 30-3 (or whatever the final score was).