• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Stinking Astros are going to throw a monkey wrench into this playoff race later this year. They are basically a free win.

Why u give us your garbage NL?

BCVM22

The Cubs really seem to be struggling with scoring runs.

Because they don't have but two players who can hit worth a damn, and one of them isn't hitting right now.

Also Carlos Marmol has been struggling again as their closer as well, but he did ok in today's game.

It was a scoreless inning, which is good. It was not a clean inning by any stretch, and one break in the other direction could have made it very, very ugly.

Stinking Astros are going to throw a monkey wrench into this playoff race later this year. They are basically a free win.

But... won't that benefit your Rays, as you now get to play them six times a year annually, guaranteed?

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Peavy up against the nats tonight , he was pretty good in his first start, but he needs to try and go 7 innings. Lucky not having to go against strasburg in the series. Winning the series andthe first three overall to start the year would be huge.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
So these next three games against the Jays are gonna be the same three pitchers the Tigers used in Toronto last year when they acquired Sanchez. I feel he'll definitely pitch better then that time, Rick didn't do too bad his last start, but hopefully he'll keep the ball in the stadium, and Fister needs to get far more consistent in his pitching, he was pretty bad against the Yankees, yet somehow effective enough

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Eh. Win at least two out of three from the Jays and hope the Nats help the Tigs out. That's really the best you can hope for. KC and Minny are playing each other, so whatever.

EDIT: I don't think they win this first game, though. Brandon Morrow was excellent against the Tribe. Sanchez is going to have to be lights out, especially since the Tigers bullpen, to put it lightly, is a dumpster fire right now.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Eh. Win at least two out of three from the Jays and hope the Nats help the Tigs out. That's really the best you can hope for. KC and Minny are playing each other, so whatever.
The Yankees helped last night against Cleveland, Hanfer normally killed the Tigers, but he destroyed his old team this time. Too early for me to care though about our rivals winning or losing, just gotta focus on the team itself and continue taking the series from now on.

On a side note: Not really upset about the lost Sunday other then the fact that we couldn't get a single run in, but hey, Sabathia normally dominates the Tigers till the Post Season.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I honestly didn't care, either. The Tigers already won two out of three, and it was just one of those days where the other team's ace was better than our own. It happens.

If the offense continues to behave like that against the Jays, I'll be a little worried, but otherwise, it isn't a big deal.

Joltik-Kid

I consider the Minasota series a bust, it's difficult to start on the road and it's even more difficult to play in cold weather, so that explained their poor offensive (at least to me). Coming home proved they're the team that paper claimed they would be.

So yeah, I doubt they're repeat what they did Sunday, it's as you said, their Ace was just better then our own. Though to Verlander's credit, 3 runs is not difficult for this team to overcome when they make contact with the ball. The bull pen is what really needs to get it's act together, Downs, Smyly, and Benoit can't take on opposing teams everyday. I give Al some credit though, he's normally better then what he appeared to be on Saturday. Sure he's still wild, but he got us out of plenty of jams in the past.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Game 2 against the Brewers tonight. I'm hoping it doesn't get rained out.

Also I've heard something about the Cubs possibly relocating to a suburb of Chicago with a brand new stadium, however I'm hoping that doesn't happen until they at least win 1 world series at Wrigley Field.

Joltik-Kid

Also I've heard something about the Cubs possibly relocating to a suburb of Chicago with a brand new stadium, however I'm hoping that doesn't happen until they at least win 1 world series at Wrigley Field.
Knowing the curse... that won't happen for a long long time

BCVM22

Just noise. Ignore it and speak not of it again.

Knowing the curse... that won't happen for a long long time

Curses don't exist. It's crap for people who like to sell t-shirts and believe in dribble like that.

Spookz

Lumos

The mayor of Rosemont has offered some land for a new stadium.. but from what it sounds like, Ricketts isn't interested. He wants to see the Cubs win the World Series at Wrigley (and so does everyone else).

The thing is, there's been a lot of conversation going on about renovating Wrigley, but it's a slow conversation.
The Cubs have contracts with the rooftop owners and the neighborhood of Wrigleyville. In 2004, a deal was made so the rooftop owners could maintain their unobstructed view in exchange for a percentage of their profit. Now Ricketts wants to install a jumbotron that would obstruct their view and break that contract. He also wants more night games, which upsets many of the businesses and residents of the area. Parking is a nightmare during games, there isn't just one huge lot for everyone to use.. I'm 1.5 miles North of the field and there's special parking restrictions for night games even in my neighborhood.

I guess my rambling point is, there's a lot involved but it seems like everyone is determined to keep the Cubs at Wrigley for a while longer.

BCVM22

I guess my rambling point is, there's a lot involved but it seems like everyone is determined to keep the Cubs at Wrigley for a while longer.

Yes. This is the reality of the matter. Rosemont is a bargaining tool for the Cubs and little else.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just noise. Ignore it and speak not of it again.

Curses don't exist. It's crap for people who like to sell t-shirts and believe in dribble like that.

Hey, the cubs curse serves another purpose too. It gives us sox fans something laugh at all the time.

BCVM22

Laughing at an idiotic superstition perpetuated by people of roughly equal intelligence in order to sell t-shirts sounds about that speed, absolutely.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Blegh. And tonight only confirmed what we already know. The Tigers bullpen is a dumpster fire.