• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Mye

Someone has to win..
I thought Tampa would have a good season this year...things are going rough I see though. Didn't help that you guys got robbed against Texas

To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke'). The fact that david price has been horrible as well has sorta left them 'ace-less', which is ironic due to the fact that the same could be said about the jays, yankees, and red socks.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke'). The fact that david price has been horrible as well has sorta left them 'ace-less', which is ironic due to the fact that the same could be said about the jays, yankees, and red socks.
I wouldn't say Shields is doing fantastic for the Royals (he lost his only long outing so far; 1-2), but yeah, Prices collapse wasn't something people saw coming

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, I didn't see any of that coming, either. I saw Tampa as having one of the best rotations in baseball (not much offense, though), and with weakened Yankees and Red Sox teams, I thought they'd win the AL East. I also thought the O's were a fluke last year, seeing how many wins they had in extra innings (then again, that may be me thinking in terms of hockey, where winning a ton of games in overtime can get a team into the playoffs; see: 2012 Florida Panthers), and I thought all those trades the Jays made wouldn't make that much of an impact.

In retrospect, all of this was probably rather stupid.

That said, I don't hate Tampa, and I hope they recover.

BCVM22

To be fair, tampa lost james shields to free agency (who, based on how well he's doing in kansas city, was clearly not a 'fluke')

They traded him, specifically for a gifted offensive player who should be up once his arbitration clock makes it more feasible.

Joltik-Kid

Yeah, I didn't see any of that coming, either. I saw Tampa as having one of the best rotations in baseball (not much offense, though), and with weakened Yankees and Red Sox teams, I thought they'd win the AL East. I also thought the O's were a fluke last year, seeing how many wins they had in extra innings (then again, that may be me thinking in terms of hockey, where winning a ton of games in overtime can get a team into the playoffs; see: 2012 Florida Panthers), and I thought all those trades the Jays made wouldn't make that much of an impact.

In retrospect, all of this was probably rather stupid.

That said, I don't hate Tampa, and I hope they recover.
I don't think the Yankees are too bad this year, I mean anything is an improvement over A-Rod to them, though when Jeter, Granderson, and Teixeira return, it'll really make them a lot better. Red Sox's I think are actually better this year, coarse they could just be over achieving right now. As for the O's, I didn't find them any different then the A's, but I do think there quite a bit more talented. Jay's...what can I say, they were projected to do better then how they're starting, doesn't really help their leads out for a few months now either.

But yeah back to Tampa, they've got my respect in the East and even though I hate them with a passion, I always respect the Yankees as players. Not sure who I care for in the West, probably the Mariners due to how underrated they seem to be every year and thanks to them, the Tigers got Fister (the Angels get honorable mention, they gave up Hunter). I have to say the Royals are a more respectable rival to the Tigers, but I still like the classic White Sox vs Tigers match ups :) The Twins are decent, but Cleveland fans get pretty dang cocky

Vernikova

Champion
In even better news, the Yankees are rebounding so crazy New York fans can get out of their panic rooms.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Joltik, what reason does a tigers fan have to hate the Rays? just curious.

BCVM, yeah I know about Wil Myers' arbitration clock situation. I just hope he is as advertised when he gets here. This offense desperately needs a shot in the arm. Our pitching isn't doing bad, its just that you only need about 3 runs to beat this team.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Joltik, what reason does a tigers fan have to hate the Rays? just curious.
I don't hate them at all, are you asking why people would hate them, cause they don't have any reason to be hated? Like I said, they're basically my favorite East team because they have/or will have down the line, Solid Pitching. The only time I don't root for them is when they play the Tigers. I'm just surprised at their slow start considering I thought they'd be a contender right out the gate.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I don't hate them at all, are you asking why people would hate them, cause they don't have any reason to be hated? Like I said, they're basically my favorite East team because they have/or will have down the line, Solid Pitching. The only time I don't root for them is when they play the Tigers. I'm just surprised at their slow start considering I thought they'd be a contender right out the gate.
You said they have your respect although you hate them with a passion. Or did you mean the Yankees?

Mye

Someone has to win..
Oddly enough I "hate" the yankees too, in addition to the phillies. Both teams are seemingly mirroring eachother right now (both have older pitching rotations that are falling apart right now).

Vernikova

Champion
The Yankees are picking themselves right back up in these last five or so games.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Because five games makes ALL the difference. Especially with an old pitching staff. Much too early for either yankee haters or lovers to get excited.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Rays now officially have their worst start in team history. Well done boys.
It can't be any worse than the Cubs XDD

Anyways whenever I get to actually watch a Cubs game on tv this season, they have been interesting, especially the 9th innings. They just fell short of tying the game in the 9th inning last night against the Rangers and lost 4-2.

Joltik-Kid

It can't be any worse than the Cubs XDD

Anyways whenever I get to actually watch a Cubs game on tv this season, they have been interesting, especially the 9th innings. They just fell short of tying the game in the 9th inning last night against the Rangers and lost 4-2.
Such is the life of a Cubs fan I suppose *shrugs*

In other news, guess the Royals ended the Braves win streak...

Breeder Drew

Very proud of my Atlanta Braves, despite breaking their ten game winning streak today. I believe this is the second best start in team history. I've got my fingers crossed for a World Series this year. Hopefully they don't lay another egg in the playoffs.