• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

TheEliteEmpoleon

Well, the jays lost their 2nd straight game to the yankees. Oddly enough former blue jays players are 12 for 20 with 5hr in the series so far.

I was surprised that the Jays were able to tie it up in the ninth, but the Yanks pulled through in the eleventh! I was a little worried in the tenth when Toronto had someone on second after that sac bunt.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
As far as I'm concerned, the only reasons the Tigers lost to the Angels was discouraging was because the defense really failed to support Rick, Angels kept getting those lucky breaks, and the fact that the Tigers couldn't even score a single run. It's early though and the only time they head out West.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
I was surprised that the Jays were able to tie it up in the ninth, but the Yanks pulled through in the eleventh! I was a little worried in the tenth when Toronto had someone on second after that sac bunt.

Why? Rivera isn't exactly in his prime, and the Yankees certainly aren't some unbeatable team.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Great day. Yankees lose, Baltimore loses, red sox lose with another chance to lose tonight, and my Rays finish off a sweep of Oakland who came in with a 12-4 record.

BCVM22

Why? Rivera isn't exactly in his prime, and the Yankees certainly aren't some unbeatable team.

Rivera's reputation of being the "Best Closer" probably get's people believing that he never blows a save.

Then those people are just ignorant of the sport

People. Rivera's only involvement in the game you're discussing was to save the game in the 11th inning. He wasn't responsible for the Jays tying it up, which they did in the 8th inning, which isn't where Rivera makes his money.

Let's not be throwing around terms like "ignorance" and what people "believe", erroneously or otherwise, when both of you are perfectly content to let your respective biases color your statements as opposed to taking the two minutes to find a box score and take note of what actually happened.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
People. Rivera's only involvement in the game you're discussing was to save the game in the 11th inning. He wasn't responsible for the Jays tying it up, which they did in the 8th inning, which isn't where Rivera makes his money.

Let's not be throwing around terms like "ignorance" and what people "believe", erroneously or otherwise, when both of you are perfectly content to let your respective biases color your statements as opposed to taking the two minutes to find a box score and take note of what actually happened.

neither of us did ;) we naturally assumed being surprised a team tyed it late against the yankees meant against rivera. There is still nothing terribly surprising about the Jays scoring 3 runs in an inning

Last edited:

BCVM22

As they did so off of a setup reliever who had done what one might call a pretty decent job in the early going - to the point where yesterday's runs were his first allowed runs of the season - one might in fact call it a relative surprise.

Now, in the event that you're reading this and your response is going to be an annoyed and sarcastic "well clearly you're just THAT much smarter than everyone else!", that isn't my point. My point is simply that if one is going to make an assertion, taking a moment to see if it's true or not is never a bad thing.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Well that sweep was depressing... the offense sure died after the day off we got before heading to Seattle. Can't blame any of our pitchers, even Rick because had he even gave up just one run, they didn't do anything in that game. Hope the Tigers can get the bats working at home against the Royals, otherwise this is gonna be like last year only with KC taking CWS place.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
It's only April. The Tigers will be fine.

I pretty much expected the season to be as you described anyway (last year, but with KC taking CWS place).

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
*shrug* It happens. And it'll be back, most likely, in the nine-game homestand coming up.

Also, 2011 was an anomaly. Having one team be far better than the other four very rarely happens. It almost always comes down to the last couple months or so. I just wish the Tigers fans who thought the Tigers were going to come in, curbstomp the rest of the AL Central, win 100+ games, etc. would realize that. :/

Breeder Drew

And it looks as though the air has been taken out of Atlanta's balloon, at least temporarily. I hope they do better for the next few games, lest I will be a very unsatisfied fan.

Joltik-Kid

*shrug* It happens. And it'll be back, most likely, in the nine-game homestand coming up.

Also, 2011 was an anomaly. Having one team be far better than the other four very rarely happens. It almost always comes down to the last couple months or so. I just wish the Tigers fans who thought the Tigers were going to come in, curbstomp the rest of the AL Central, win 100+ games, etc. would realize that. :/
I'm just gonna call this series history, that stadium really has done a number on the team for awhile now. Even though they came out 4-5, it wasn't that awful. I noticed that after Leyland sat Infante though, he lost his fire that made the bottom far more dangerous. Plus those late nights might not have been to kind either, so glad we got the West trip out of the way.

Last edited:

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Matt Moore pitches a gem against the hated Yankees. Since Sabathia went to the Yankees, my Rays have owned him. He has pitched 19 times against us and won only 3. He is 0-6 against the Rays at the Trop.

Last edited: