• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Vernikova

Champion
But there is a spelling error. We can't do anything right here.

The Yankees got their first win yesterday meaning the 2013 baseball season has officially started.

Obviously, the Yankees will win this year like they did the previous year. If this year was 2010, which it appears to be three light years from here.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I bet Yankees fans really hate Fister after today, even though that did look like it hurt. :( I hope Nunez is okay.

Tigers were off to a pretty slow start in Minnesota, because their bullpen was awful, and they didn't get any offense after the 3rd inning or so in those games. They won today, though. Finally got some HRs, and Drew Smyly was fantastic in relief.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I bet Yankees fans really hate Fister after today, even though that did look like it hurt. :( I hope Nunez is okay.

Tigers were off to a pretty slow start in Minnesota, because their bullpen was awful, and they didn't get any offense after the 3rd inning or so in those games. They won today, though. Finally got some HRs, and Drew Smyly was fantastic in relief.
That did look painful, but they said during the game that Nunez would be fine, just that he'd be bruised there for a while. Fister was off today though, but still ended up getting us the winning by keeping the damage to a minimum. I thought Rick did pretty good yesterday at keeping us in it, 3 runs was definitely not challenge for us to over come, but as stated, offense started off cold.

I say better to get a slow start then get our hopes up like last year with the 9-0 or something...and then crash. Anyway this win should spark the Tigers line up, definitely loving the 9-1-2 hitters right now (Infante, Jackson, and Torii) because of how much their getting on base. Also if Seattle can keep this 10 inning league, the Central will have a 5 way tie going into tomorrow. To early anyway to worry about that XD

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The white sox don't have the starting pitching depth to have a chance. Sale and Peavy wiop be great, but that means nothing if the other three go nowhere.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
So are the Reds. Didn't they beat Washington 15-0 yesterday? :eek: Jeez....

Vernikova

Champion
Odds for this year's World Series winner:

Los Angeles Angels 8/1

Detroit Tigers 9/1

Washington Nationals 10/1

Los Angeles Dodgers 10/1

San Francisco Giants 11/1

Toronto Blue Jays 12/1

Cincinnati Reds 12/1

Atlanta Braves 18/1

St. Louis Cardinals 18/1

Philadelphia Phillies 20/1

New York Yankees 20/1

Baltimore Orioles 25/1

Texas Rangers 25/1

Oakland Athletics 25/1

Tampa Bay Rays 25/1

Boston Red Sox 35/1

Chicago White Sox 40/1

Arizona Diamondbacks 50/1

Cleveland Indians 50/1

Seattle Mariners 60/1

Kansas City Royals 60/1

Milwaukee Brewers 65/1

Pittsburgh Pirates 75/1

Chicago Cubs 80/1

New York Mets 80/1

San Diego Padres 100/1

Minnesota Twins 175/1

Colorado Rockies 175/1

Miami Marlins 300/1

Houston Astros 400/1

Obviously the Astros are going to win it all. 400/1 > 8/1 last I checked.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
So I've been thinking about Davis and his 4 home runs in the first 4 games and 16 RBIs. Only 3 players have ever matched this. Willie Mays, Nelson Cruz, and Mark McGwire. Guess what all 3 have in common....thats right. PED use or accusations of PED use. <_<

BCVM22

By that logic, every player to have ever had a really hot week was, is or will be on PEDs.

Let's put the kibosh on making baseless accusations right here, shall we?

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
By that logic, every player to have ever had a really hot week was, is or will be on PEDs.

Let's put the kibosh on making baseless accusations right here, shall we?
Lets put the kibosh on holier than thou posts from you right here shall we?

I forgot how in your face you are on this thread when you don't agree with someone.

BCVM22

I'm sorry you think "holier than thou posts" and "not agreeing with you" are the issues here. You're right, we should keep accusing people of PED use without evidence, the epitome of reasonable and intelligent discussion.

Vernikova

Champion
I'm kind of interested as to the amount of losses the Astros are going to have. It's kind of the main draw for me this year sans the usual stuff.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
No arguments here... that was flat out lousy. Umps just keep getting worst as the years go on

It was even worse given the fact that we had Longoria who was 3-4 and 4-4 getting on base tonight coming up with a man on 2nd in a 1 run game against a wild pitcher.

Maddon after the game: That call cannot happen in a major league baseball game.
Foster's explanation: AJ caught the ball early

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
It was even worse given the fact that we had Longoria who was 3-4 and 4-4 getting on base tonight coming up with a man on 2nd in a 1 run game against a wild pitcher.

Maddon after the game: That call cannot happen in a major league baseball game.
Foster's explanation: AJ caught the ball early
Wow...that's really unfortunate.

On another note, I was shocked yesterday at how much Cleveland lit up Price, normally left handed pitching kills those guys. Price is up there as one of the better left handed pitchers imo (CC and Sale are the other two)

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Wow...that's really unfortunate. I was shocked yesterday at how much Cleveland lit up Price, normally left handed pitching kills those guys. Price is up there as one of the better left handed pitchers imo (CC and Sale are the other two)

Price has looked bad this season. Not sure what is up with him

Marty Foster on the call...now:

"Had I had a chance to do it again I wouldn't call that pitch a strike.''
-----------

Gee, thanks a lot. Makes a lot of difference to the team you screwed

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
The Cubs really seem to be struggling with scoring runs.
Also Carlos Marmol has been struggling again as their closer as well, but he did ok in today's game.