• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MLB thread - no redundant redundancies in the title

Lugia's Chosen

Getting to a game 5 in the alds 2 years in a row is not a reason to fire someone >_<

Puma Italia

Bob Melvin's done a great job the past two years. The team doesn't have that one big star player who would put them over the top.

It's never a good season when the Red Sox are one of the last two teams standing. I knew since the offseason they'd be better than all of the "experts" had them. Can we start the offseason discussion already?

Lugia's Chosen

Well then I'll start it off. It sounds like the Rays are going to trade price while his value is high. No Yankees and sox fans, they aren't trading him to you so get that out of your heads :p

BCVM22

No Yankees and sox fans, they aren't trading him to you so get that out of your heads :p

Unless the Red Sox dip in to their very deep farm system and offer the Rays what they want-- nay, need, in order to continue functioning as an organization, i.e. a number of quality prospects. One would hope (and think) the Rays front office would be capable of looking past the intradivision bias if in fact Boston were to make them the best offer in that regard.

Puma Italia

No Yankees fans, they aren't trading him to you so get that out of your heads :p

D'awwwwww ;_;

but realistically there's no chance the Yankees could give the the Rays what they would want for Price. The Yankees need to build their own farm system back up again. I'm surprised the Rays are willing to trade Price, but they got rid of James Shields and made out of that okay.

BCVM22

I'm surprised the Rays are willing to trade Price

It's more out of necessity than desire. Having one more year of being arbitration-eligible, he's going to get no less than the $10.1 million he made this year. He's a year away from being a free agent completely, and he's going to command far more money than the Rays could and/or would give him. Knowing that you're going to lose him as a free agent regardless and that you're going to be paying him $10-plus million for the season before that happens, the logic is to trade him and get a good return.

The plus is that, obviously, he's a top-tier starting pitcher when healthy; the minus is that he has only that one season of team control remaining before becoming a free agent, and if the team who acquires him can't sign him to an extension, they'll have traded away a number of top assets for a one-year rental, which is going to somewhat temper the return the Rays get for him.

BlazingCold

D'awwwwww ;_;

but realistically there's no chance the Yankees could give the the Rays what they would want for Price. The Yankees need to build their own farm system back up again. I'm surprised the Rays are willing to trade Price, but they got rid of James Shields and made out of that okay.
You're serious right now? The Rays trade price and they could recieve another Myers or possibly a better prospect (e.g a prospect such as Profar, Andrus that is if they don't go to the Dodgers route and eat their farm). Basically if they just put Price on the end of a fishing pool teams will bite and give their whole entire farms for them. Don't be surprised if next year the Dodgers have a new 3 starter in Price (price as a 3 o_O) Or him becoming the ace of that Rangers staff that is desperately in need of help.

Lugia's Chosen

Unless the Red Sox dip in to their very deep farm system and offer the Rays what they want-- nay, need, in order to continue functioning as an organization, i.e. a number of quality prospects. One would hope (and think) the Rays front office would be capable of looking past the intradivision bias if in fact Boston were to make them the best offer in that regard.

I don't think the FO wants to trade him in division unless the offer is ridiculously good. imo we'd have to clean out boston's farm. Just don't see the FO trading him to a division rival.

Last edited:

Puma Italia

You're serious right now? The Rays trade price and they could recieve another Myers or possibly a better prospect (e.g a prospect such as Profar, Andrus that is if they don't go to the Dodgers route and eat their farm). Basically if they just put Price on the end of a fishing pool teams will bite and give their whole entire farms for them. Don't be surprised if next year the Dodgers have a new 3 starter in Price (price as a 3 o_O) Or him becoming the ace of that Rangers staff that is desperately in need of help.

That's what I was saying. They made out of the James Shield trade okay, they'll probably get a really good deal for Price as well.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
The only team I can think of right now that desperately needs starting pitching is Baltimore, but as Lugia's Chosen stated, it's highly unlikely for the Rays to make an in-divisional trade unless the buyer gives something the offer-er cannot refuse. I'm not aware of how good/bad there O's farm is, but I don't think they have enough. The only other team I see who needs pitching is the Angels, but I know from what I've heard that they have no good farm so they'd have to give up some incredible, Major League proven player. Not sure about the National League given I haven't truly studied up on those teams

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Nice of you to show up after a win. :p Where were you before last night?

anyways, sox already up and I'm betting this series is over.

Time for the Red Scum bandwagon to overflow. Sickening

Im happy enough after to wins to actually log on and post but after losses it isnt worth it :] You really hate the Sox and their arrogant fans but i honestly am not arrogant if i come across that way

Anyways back to that obstruction thing, can someone explain the difference between obstruction of the runner and interference with the fielder? I dont understand

BlazingCold

The only team I can think of right now that desperately needs starting pitching is Baltimore, but as Lugia's Chosen stated, it's highly unlikely for the Rays to make an in-divisional trade unless the buyer gives something the offer-er cannot refuse. I'm not aware of how good/bad there O's farm is, but I don't think they have enough. The only other team I see who needs pitching is the Angels, but I know from what I've heard that they have no good farm so they'd have to give up some incredible, Major League proven player. Not sure about the National League given I haven't truly studied up on those teams

*cough*angels*cough*

Lugia's Chosen

Im happy enough after to wins to actually log on and post but after losses it isnt worth it :] You really hate the Sox and their arrogant fans but i honestly am not arrogant if i come across that way

Anyways back to that obstruction thing, can someone explain the difference between obstruction of the runner and interference with the fielder? I dont understand

you are a minority then. Congrats to the sox and their few classy fans. I'm going to go puke now. Disgusting

I'll need to avoid ESPN while they get their sox licking in too. I expect a lot of shiny new boston gear tomorrow as the bandwagon fills up

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
a year of bad luck culminates in this

First I had Notre Dame lose to an Alabama team that only got in because of Ohio State's ban (OSU is better than Bama, period)

Then 2 teams that I didn't want in the Super Bowl advance there anyway (both after facing deficits)

Then that traitor LeBron wins another NBA title (which should have been won with Cleveland)

now this

Is it so much to ask to have a sports championship go my way?

Lugia's Chosen

Cleveland was incapable of putting the pieces around him and unwilling (perhaps rightly so) to overpay to the extent needed to do so because, and I'm sorry, no one wants to play in Cleveland.

You have a choice of living in miami or cleveland. Its pretty much a no brainer

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
As I said earlier, I knew the playoffs this year would be a disaster for me the minute Cleveland lost. Believe me Lugia's Chosen, I don't like this any more than you do.

Lugia's Chosen

If you were really expecting cleveland to go any distance into the playoffs, I think you were fooling yourself. The indians got into the playoffs on the back of a ridiculously weak stretch of games to end the season. More than that, take a look at their record against winning teams this season. They beat up on bad teams all year but wilted when they faced a team with a pulse. Cleveland was a paper tiger.