• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mmm... Cyndaquil steak

Another Fan

Nothing Special
I don't see why they would store them together anyway. Pokeballs are mighty convenient. And also I doubt that farmed animals would see much anyway to know that yur friend is your friend.

There are plenty of pokemon that would not know about the way civilazation works. And most of them would manage to kill a lot of people.

Dragonfree

Just me
Another Fan said:
I don't see why they would store them together anyway. Pokeballs are mighty convenient. And also I doubt that farmed animals would see much anyway to know that yur friend is your friend.

There are plenty of pokemon that would not know about the way civilazation works. And most of them would manage to kill a lot of people.
Then we have the Pokémon cruelty issue. Farms where Pokémon are kept inside Pokéballs stored somewhere in rows until they're slaughtered would just be too controversial.

I'd doubt there is an awful lot of Pokémon that don't know how civilization works around roads and cities commonly visited by humans - besides, of course, that as I said, even the ones that do not know how it works will be caught.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
Why would they know? Do people go up to them and say or teach them ideas like "People work in groups and they have things that could kill you." I doubt that. I don't see why a muk living in the sewers would or a voltorb would know that. Yeah, lets say a muk is out there burning through people and then eating them. He has trained to do this since he doesn't have to scaveger anymore. Police come after maybe five people died, he throws acid which burns up their skin. And then comes to eat theire corpses. They throw pokeballs which he avoids and escaoes from. So, lets say this was in an office building. How many people could it kill like that? I'd say enough. Pokemon are way to powerful to have the intelligence and thought process that we have. If they did the pokeworld would be a very horrible and chaotic place.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I still think Pokemon training is far more hazardous than the anime shows us. Both Pokemon and some trainers could be dangerous.

As for the Muk. They'd probably spray it with liquid detergent.

Dragonfree

Just me
Human society is an important part in the lives of Pokémon - they would definitely be brought up to prepare for their potential futures with humans.

And yes, as The Big Al said, they'd use specialized methods to protect against Pokémon that are difficult to deal with.

Sure, more hazardous than the animé shows us - but not necessarily up in chaos.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
Wild pokemon? So, you would just go up to your pokemon and tell it about the world. Like the news, where the things you give to it comes from, etc. Yeah. A wild grimer who lives off eaten stuff from pipes, would care about how the humans life and people would care to make sure it knows this. Right?

So, are you saying stuff like this happens? But they have more effiecient ways of dealing. So, lets say a Machamp escapes from a pokeball. It goes off and kills many people for practice. So, then also a duskull wanders around a takes people away. Powerplants are filled with pokemon which just destroy the things that prevent them from stealing energy from machinery, people. Gyarados attack ships and boat carrying cargo and food much easier than catching fish. Vulpix run into stores where they steal food after trapping the owner.

I'd say thats chaos.

Dragonfree

Just me
No, no, no, people wouldn't go around trying to tell wild Pokémon how human society works. They can learn that from other Pokémon - many Pokémon are released, many Pokémon live around cities and can watch stuff, so it would spread easily.

Why would a Machamp kill people for practice? A Machamp isn't going to turn into a very experienced fighter from punching a few humans' brains out. He'll be better of seeking out a wild Primeape - or would he even go anywhere after escaping from the Pokéball at all, if he has a trainer who lets him practice against some of his equals? I don't get what you're referring to in the Duskull thing, but humans need to operate the machinery in the power plant, and I don't know how you're finding that it would be easier for a Gyarados to attack a ship probably full of Pokémon trainers with Electric Pokémon than it would to find a Remoraid swarm, open his mouth and catch a mouthful.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
Dragonfree said:
No, no, no, people wouldn't go around trying to tell wild Pokémon how human society works. They can learn that from other Pokémon - many Pokémon are released, many Pokémon live around cities and can watch stuff, so it would spread easily.

Why would a Machamp kill people for practice? A Machamp isn't going to turn into a very experienced fighter from punching a few humans' brains out. He'll be better of seeking out a wild Primeape - or would he even go anywhere after escaping from the Pokéball at all, if he has a trainer who lets him practice against some of his equals? I don't get what you're referring to in the Duskull thing, but humans need to operate the machinery in the power plant, and I don't know how you're finding that it would be easier for a Gyarados to attack a ship probably full of Pokémon trainers with Electric Pokémon than it would to find a Remoraid swarm, open his mouth and catch a mouthful.

So, pokemon get released and they go babbling between each other. Of course. Why would they watch stuff or talk between themselves? So, they just go and have chats? Pokemon don't have much reason to be with others.

It doesn't care. It think battling equals experience. Easy battling means easy experience for him. It probably doesn't know what a prime ape is probably. Who say the trainer does? Duskull wander at night taking people away. A magnemites don't know that. They know there is energy in the battery and there is a thing blocking it. Why would there be a ship ful of electric pokemon. Get some friends tip it and have them drown. Just examples that may happen. Remoraid are rarer than you think. Only one island.

Last edited:

Dragonfree

Just me
Now you're saying "Well, the Pokémon are stupid so yeah, it would equal chaos", and since we're basing this all off the assumptions that Pokémon are not stupid...

Also, there's an awful lot of trainers out in the street or at least people who have some Pokémon. It's not like a Machamp can walk around a street and nobody would have a Pokémon to try to bring it down, and the staff of a power plant would definitely carry some Pokémon to protect themselves from Magnemite if there are Magnemite all over.

And a ship's crew would carry Electric Pokémon, too, exactly for incidences like that.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
Yeah. I never said stupid. Just uneducated. No one teachs these pokemon. They assume things.

Ah. Of course since eveyone has a pokemon that could take a machamp. I doubt that. Pokemon like Machamp probably take 10 to 20 years to train. I can't name a pokemon that would be commonly available in a city so I don't see why there would be many people with them in one. So you are saying people at plants have pokemon so they need to research a lot don't they. I mean to travel to a place that has those pokemon, then train them and then have to learn everything necessary to work there. I guess no one under 35 works.

Still, three gyarados underwater knock over the ship, the pokemon drown. The end.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
If you actually play Pokemon. The harder the opponent, the more effort points a Pokemon recieves. So battling tough opponents help Pokemon develope there abilities more fully. So killing random humans wouldn't help a Machamp grow as if it battles other Fighting Pokemon.

Also, humans have an ability that surpasses that of any Pokemon. That's enginuity. As I said, rampaging Grimers and Muk could be driven back by using liquid detergent which was dissolve them if they took too much. Humans through technology and technique could counter most any Pokemon.

Another issue is the Pokemon's attitude. I believe most Pokemon are passive, only fighting in defense of their territory. They could care less about humans as long as they aren't threatening them.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
I play pokemon, I know. Machamp doesn't.

So both of you are saying that problems like this do arise but they are fixed easily. So, you would say pokemon are intelligent, we can't eat them for that, they do cause problems with their power but the fact that we have enginuity prevents them. So, you would prefer a very chaotic world with smart pokemon than a simple world with simple pokemon. Either way is fine, really. I just do not like a world that is so different from ours cause I believe it doesn't have to be and it is much harder to make the pokemon world livable. Just if you have it with intelligent pokemon you have to make theories on various things. Most of them will change the world completely. But whatever. But something that may seem normal and you could do it fine normally but then everyone has to have highly-trained pokemon, can choose not to go to school and all towns are focused on pokemon, etc. It just changes the world so much that it is impossible to imagine things in a way that makes sense. I believe it causes much more problems than it is worth. And a simple world were pokemon are animals and trainers are uncommon doesn't seem to have problems for me.

Last edited:

Seijiro Mafuné

Diogomainardista!
I've noticed AF goes for realistical logic, while TBA and DF go for canon logic.

Me? They probably eat Pokémon as meat. Or vegetables, in the case of Tangela. It depends on the author.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I doubt most people could be trainers. It takes a special kind of person to live around dangerous Pokemon and put your trust in them. I doubt the ratio of trainers to the total population is greater than 1:100,000. Also, Pokemon might be used "civilian" duties like construction, search and rescue, weather forecasting, and others in which the "trainer" still requires extensive college or trade school training.

Dragonfree

Just me
Why would a Machamp who has been with a trainer for ten or twenty years go on a rampage upon escaping from its Pokéball? Wouldn't it stay loyal to its trainer, whom it's been friends with for ten or twenty years?

You say we have to make theories, and yes, we do. I like making theories. However, you're wrong about the theories changing the world completely - at least my goal when I make theories is to explain the world depicted in canon, while you, in ignoring large portions of canon, are essentially changing everything (though none of the canon you actually accept).

So yeah, really. As I said, if you choose to ignore parts of canon it's your choice, but at least I say I can get it to make sense in my mind even taking the canon into account, so I prefer that.

Another Fan

Nothing Special
If you accept all canon, you get a large contradictory mess. As well as a world where, ghosts can be found extremely easily and still everyone doesn't believe in the supernatural or practically every attack has to have the word energy when discribing it. Canon for me is the games, right? Yeah, so I don't have to follow anything else. Also, since the games are vague, I can interpret it as I like. Still, following canon. Just not that show. I for one, absolutely HATE when people think that the only canon is the show. And this is what is going on here.

Why would he be loyal or be friends? Not everyone cares about their pokemon so much.

Dragonfree

Just me
What, am I claiming that the only canon is the show? I don't even watch it. But that doesn't change it's still canon which I choose to follow.

You may decide that nobody cares about their Pokémon too much, but I have to say I don't find it very believable that a Machamp would stick to a trainer for ten or twenty years if the trainer really doesn't care.

Dragonfree

Just me
Funny, since you go by game canon and the only evidence that trainers feed their Pokémon is from the animé.