• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MM's Sprites - Going Out With a Bang

Medical Meccanica

give me the booty
Hey, remember me? (in before: "no")
With 6th gen doing away with sprites altogether, I'm going to move on to other projects, probably some original monster battler junk, more digital painting, and writing. But before I hang up my fakemon sprite hat I want to finish a fakedex so I have something to show for all my work.

So, this is an attempt to do just that.

I have quite a few old sprites/designs that I'm going to revamp or totally redo, but for the time being, here's what I have:

63jRIz7.gif

Onini -> Onibake -> Onikanabo,
All Fire/Steel

YgPwM16.gif

Magosite -> Paravill
Both Bug

s0sp6tm.gif

Bomink -> Erminade
Both Fire

nW5IOAw.gif

Marqat
Normal (changes type based on held item, other formes are unsprited)

Z2hAeDB.gif

Navangler (missing a preevo)
Water/Steel

99plh.png

Thunny -> Bundam -> HRAIR-00
Electric -> Electric/Steel x2

5prmCu3.gif

Unnamed Starmen fakemon
Both Steel/Psychic

7MjHW5D.gif

Unnamed Thorny Devil fakemon (missing a preevo)
Ground

13j9Wjp.gif

Tyranuke (missing a preevo)
Dragon/Steel

ZCQtZvA.gif

Cosmitt -> Meteon -> Galiwyt / Evrizen
Fire -> Fire -> Fire/Psychic / Fire/Dark

FvCpDSF.gif

Grapplon -> Duride -> Cavalop
All Dragon

-Raiga-

Well, let me start by saying the obvious, I don't think you'll get a gigantic crowd of people swarming this thread anytime soon. If Serebii fan-sprites was dead 3 years ago, it now has the booming activity of J. Stalin's grave.

That said, critiquing each one would take a lot of time, and be mostly pointless when you've made your own style. SO, that said, the biggest flaw here that I see as whole, would be the consistency of both design, and spriting. The fire/steel Oni line, is without a doubt the standout line here in terms of both, so I'll compare others to it. While the whole line(especially the last), has a very clean minimalistic shading style, combined with hue shifting, clean linework, etc., you go to one like marqat, and the colors are flat, and many parts like the feather/hair, have every little strand shaded.

Now, most of them fit pretty well together, but a few marqat, navangler, and tyranuke are just a bit too complicated in terms of design, or spriting, to match with the rest.