• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mobile Suit Gundam Thread

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well its unbelievable that this thread has not been made yet.

Anyways this is the place to discuss Gundam animes and movies.

Talk about the new Gundam AGE series or reminisce about older Gundam series such as Gundam Wing, G Gundam or Gundam ZZ.

Pit Gundams from different shows into battles like Wing Zero vs God Gundam and see what users on the forum have to say.

Have fun guys and enjoy discussing about Gundam, Sunrise's best franchise ever!

[IMG200]http://jp.learnoutlive.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Gundam-00-wallp.jpg[/IMG200]

^My favorite Gundam series as of now Gundam 00. :D

[IMG200]http://www.gundammodelkits.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Gundam-Age-03.png[/IMG200]

The new series which has gone off to a decent start in its first episode.

Last edited:

Hillhaus

I've never watched a Gundam series before, but decided on a whim to download and watch the first episode of AGE, yesterday.
I know a lot of Gundam fans are panning it because it looks as though it's aimed toward a younger audience, but I think I'll keep watching it.
I found it mildly entertaining and I actually really enjoy the character designs.

salvucci91

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War In The Pocket. That opening scene with the HyGogg's gives me goosebumps every time I watch it; one of my favorites of all time !

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
I'm currently watching every single Gundam chronologically. I'm halfway through Turn A Gundam now. Yeah, I'm a big Gundam fan. My favourite is Gundam 00 at the moment. I'm not sure whether to watch Gundam AGE subbed or hope it gets dubbed.

Mimori Kiryu

I've watched all the old Gundam series. I stopped watching when Gundam 00 came out. My favorite series and most over watched is G Gundam. The series is freaking amazing - epic manly battles with a brilliant written cast. Love love.

4de_92

I love gundam the original series,0079,z,CCA the UC in general. i'm watching now gundam age I think that AU had a good start. But I want to see gundam the origin anime.
and the AU I only like x and 00

I dislike gundam wing,seed/destiny/g.gundam,turn a

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War In The Pocket. That opening scene with the HyGogg's gives me goosebumps every time I watch it; one of my favorites of all time !

Ditto this!

War in the Pocket was an all-around masterpiece. It holds a special place in my heart.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I love gundam the original series,0079,z,CCA the UC in general. i'm watching now gundam age I think that AU had a good start. But I want to see gundam the origin anime.
and the AU I only like x and 00

I dislike gundam wing,seed/destiny/g.gundam,turn a

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get out of here. Wing is a staple of the Gundam series along with G. Seed and Destiny Seed was pretty crappy I admit. Dunno about Turn A gundam.

But seriously how can you dislike Gundam Wing? I'm so bewildered by your post. :(

Well everyone has their own opinion of course.... Still no reason to dislike Gundam Wing or G.

I stopped watching when Gundam 00 came out.

Go watch it and then come back to this thread.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
But seriously how can you dislike Gundam Wing? I'm so bewildered by your post. :(

Well everyone has their own opinion of course.... Still no reason to dislike Gundam Wing or G..

I'll admit, I don't care much for Wing or G myself. ^^;

Wing's protagonist ticked me off. I never could stand him at all. And G Gundam broke my suspension of disbelief too many times.

They're still Gundam, and as such I don't -HATE- them, but I'd rate some of the more classic UC series above them.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I'll admit, I don't care much for Wing or G myself. ^^;

Wing's protagonist ticked me off. I never could stand him at all. And G Gundam broke my suspension of disbelief too many times.

They're still Gundam, and as such I don't -HATE- them, but I'd rate some of the more classic UC series above them.

As would anyone whose not trolling.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
Each Gundam series has its own merits and different people prefer different ones. Haters gonna hate.

Very well put. ^^

In the end, what makes a good Gundam series to me might be different than what makes a good Gundam series to you. None of them is objectively superior.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
I'm not that big of a fan of the Gundam series. Seed was on television so I picked up the spin-off manga, Gundam Seed Astray which is pretty much Gundam with a mainstream shonen twist. It worked surprisingly well...until I watched Gurren Lagann.

BADASS MODELS
[IMG200]http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fichtenfoo-astraygf-01.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dW7jdVzJn8E/SZU-2kJwOgI/AAAAAAAAAXM/9jMf-NNoPPc/s400/PGAstray_Special_09.jpg[/IMG200]

Did I mention I adore Gundam models?

[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/graphicleo/keroro-gunpla.gif[/IMG200]​

Last edited:

4de_92

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get out of here. Wing is a staple of the Gundam series along with G. Seed and Destiny Seed was pretty crappy I admit. Dunno about Turn A gundam.

Well everyone has their own opinion of course.... Still no reason to dislike Gundam Wing or G.

really I dislike wing and g.In my opinion wing beacuase is boring and i can't stando the 5 protagonist and G is dragon ball and gundam fusion and gundam is stories of real robots wars.

but I respect your opinion

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
I'm not that big of a fan of the Gundam series. Seed was on television so I picked up the spin-off manga, Gundam Seed Astray which is pretty much Gundam with a mainstream shonen twist. It worked surprisingly well...until I watched Gurren Lagann.

BADASS MODELS
[IMG200]http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/fichtenfoo-astraygf-01.jpg[/IMG200]
[IMG200]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dW7jdVzJn8E/SZU-2kJwOgI/AAAAAAAAAXM/9jMf-NNoPPc/s400/PGAstray_Special_09.jpg[/IMG200]

Did I mention I adore Gundam models?

[IMG200]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v372/graphicleo/keroro-gunpla.gif[/IMG200]​

Gundam model kits are a blast. <3 I loved making my custom Ground Gundam MG kit.

And I didn't care as much for Gurren Lagann. Couldn't see what the big deal was, Gundam still appeals to me more. But yeah, just my opinion!

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well Gundam AGE has gotten off to a great start. I really like the new AGE system where weapons can be made after enough data is gathered on the enemy.

Also the plot is great considering its not Space vs Earth or Coordinators vs Humans. Its Humans in Gundams vs Alien Robots. :D Thats the great thing about the last few Gundam series. They all did something different even if Seed sucked plot-wise IMO.

Anyways the Gundam team has been made and now that the origin point is done with, we can get to the action. If you haven't started watching the series, I seriously ask you to give it a chance.

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
AGE has copped a lot of hate, and I really don't understand why. I've seen people saying the kids piloting mobile suits doesnt make sense, even though the majority of the Gundam pilots have been young. Ohwell, their loss.

Yeah, haters gonna hate. I wouldnt say AGE looks to be the best Gundam series ever, but it certainly doesn't seem awful- And since it is just starting, I withhold my judgement.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Well, I'm almost done my Gundam watching -athon.

This is my personal rankings of them, but everybody has their own opinions. I'm not saying one's definitively the best or worst, this is just the ranking of my enjoyment/opinion of them.

Series:

1. Gundam 00
2. Gundam Seed
3. Zeta Gundam/Gundam Seed Destiny
4. Zeta Gundam/Gundam Seed Destiny
5. Mobile Suit Gundam
6. Gundam X
7. Victory Gundam
8. G Gundam/Gundam Wing
9. G Gundam/Gundam Wing
10. Gundam ZZ
11. Turn A Gundam

OVA:

1. Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
2. Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory
3. The 08th MS Team

Movie:

1. Char’s Counterattack
2. Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz
3. Gundam F91

To watch:

Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: The Hidden One Year War (Movie)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO: Apocalypse 0079 (OVA)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer + Astray (OVA)
Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO 2: The Gravity Front (OVA)
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (parts 4, 5, and 6) (OVA)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (Movie)
Mobile Suit Gundam AGE (Series)

Also, I hear Gundam AGE is supposed to be directed at younger audiences, but I'm going to give it a shot.

Last edited: