• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mobile Suit Gundam Thread

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well Gundam Unicorn OVA 4 is coming out soon in December.

As for Gundam AGE, its been going good so far in 5 episodes. Don't like Emily too much and the ending song of AGE pretty much confirms that Flit and Emily will get together. Who knows maybe she will get better near the end of season 1.

I think the AGE version of Char has been introduced although I might be mistaken since no one wears a mask yet.

I look forward to the AGE Gundam transforming into other forms and getting new weapons. That beam rifle can't be the only thing the AGE system spits out.

Last edited:

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I look forward to the AGE Gundam transforming into other forms and getting new weapons. That beam rifle can't be the only thing the AGE system spits out.

Everytime they show a shot of the "Diva" I can't help but think it looks like it has the ability to transform, there's just something about the design of it.

irishdax

Pokemon Breeder
Everytime they show a shot of the "Diva" I can't help but think it looks like it has the ability to transform, there's just something about the design of it.

I totally agree. The colouration of the Diva even reminds me of the Gundam, I feel it should transform too.

uber gon

Accept Change
Wonder what are the chances of Gundam AGE referencing Gundam Dendronium Orchis? We never see references to that suit very much.

Mimori Kiryu

Go watch it and then come back to this thread.
Because I haven't watch one out of the 30 some odd series I have to leave? That seems...off.

It seems there are very few of us in this thread that actually liked G Gundam. Interesting. Then again, I like series that seem to be different from the norm of the rest of the series...

So here's a topic, when watching Gundam, do you prefer the original Japanese dub or the English dub?

Personally, Gundam is usually dubbed pretty well in English and every series of Gundam I've watched has been in English. Never found a dub I didn't like. Sadly enough some of the good roles are done by someone and then that person disappears, never to do another role again. Seems very disappointing.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Because I haven't watch one out of the 30 some odd series I have to leave? That seems...off.

It seems there are very few of us in this thread that actually liked G Gundam. Interesting. Then again, I like series that seem to be different from the norm of the rest of the series...

So here's a topic, when watching Gundam, do you prefer the original Japanese dub or the English dub?

Personally, Gundam is usually dubbed pretty well in English and every series of Gundam I've watched has been in English. Never found a dub I didn't like. Sadly enough some of the good roles are done by someone and then that person disappears, never to do another role again. Seems very disappointing.

I was just joking lol. Don't take it seriously but you should go watch Gundam 00, it really is a great series.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy

I have only watched one series of Gundam dubbed, and that was Wing back when I was a kid and it was airing on Cartoon Network here in Australia, everything else Gundam I've watched subbed, and I much prefer it that way.

Uncle_Starburst

Well it seems we have a Gundam thread here, massive fanboy here and I did not know this.

I as well am currently watching Gundam Age, and honestly I like it it's not as bad as everyone says, the CHARS name is Yark Dole and he's an arms dealer working with the UE but we know little else about him. BTW love the new Shaldolls that Flit and Woolf piloted in the last episode.

My favourite series currently are Turn A Gundam because it has a wonderful original setting, great lead Gundam (my favourite as well, DAT STACHE), non raging protagonist, and Zakus for the allies! The original movie trilogy is second because I love the characters, their designs, the so incredibly in depth One Year War, and it has pretty much all of my favourite MS like the Gyan who no one remembers. I honestly don't know my third favourite though...

Lastly I have yet to see Gundam X, G Gundam and the 00 movie, I am a Universal Century fanboy but I like AU's when done well (I barely count Turn A as one due to super Universe timeline).

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well it seems we have a Gundam thread here, massive fanboy here and I did not know this.

I as well am currently watching Gundam Age, and honestly I like it it's not as bad as everyone says, the CHARS name is Yark Dole and he's an arms dealer working with the UE but we know little else about him. BTW love the new Shaldolls that Flit and Woolf piloted in the last episode.

My favourite series currently are Turn A Gundam because it has a wonderful original setting, great lead Gundam (my favourite as well, DAT STACHE), non raging protagonist, and Zakus for the allies! The original movie trilogy is second because I love the characters, their designs, the so incredibly in depth One Year War, and it has pretty much all of my favourite MS like the Gyan who no one remembers. I honestly don't know my third favourite though...

Lastly I have yet to see Gundam X, G Gundam and the 00 movie, I am a Universal Century fanboy but I like AU's when done well (I barely count Turn A as one due to super Universe timeline).

Char's red Gelgoog is one of my favorite Zeon Mobile suits. You should watch the Gundam 00 movie. It is pretty awesome.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
When watching Gundam, do you prefer the original Japanese dub or the English dub?

I prefer the English dubs, largely because they're well done and mostly done by Ocean, my favourite voice over group. I don't mind watching subs, but if I have a choice between the two, I'll watch the dub.

Rayyy

AnimeFan
AGE is not that bad for a Gundam show. So far it's been entertaining character designs are not that bad. It is really retro and I like it. I'm just hoping Sunrise handles this series as well as they did with the other Gundam shows.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I remember watching G Gundam on Toonami a long time ago, and I loved it to pieces. Domon was one of my early anime crushes. ^//_//^

Here's another topic: Which character annoyed you the most?

To me, Chibodee Crocket was annoying as hell, and he's American! I remember wanting to kick him in the gonads 'cause I disliked him so much. -3-

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Which character annoyed you the most?

Tough call. There's been a lot of annoying characters. Lacus and Kira from Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny. Also, the DOM troops from Gundam Seed Destiny. Also the annoying tagalong kid characters. And the hippies from Turn A gundam. I've watched pretty much all the series so it's hard to choose just one.

Kamotz

God of Monsters
Which character annoyed you the most?

Setsuna, from 00 Gundam. He wasn't so bad in the beginning and most of the 1st season, but he quickly came down with a case of the Gary-Stus and became the most tedious and boring character in the series. The last half of Season 2 was entirely about how awesome and unique Setsuna was. I wanted to pull my hair out. And don't get me started on the 00 movie, which (aside from sucking) was basically a 2 hour advertisement for how cool Setsuna is supposed to be. It wouldn't have bothered me as much if they put more focus on the rest of the cast. Both Lockons were very interesting, the relationship between H/Allelujah and Soma/Marie had so much potential to be explored. Tieria's growth as a "person", and even Sumeragi's character subplots were all shoved aside so they could give Setsuna all the best equipment and focus only on that. He was the show's least-interesting character, and he had the most screen-time by far.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I have only seen 00 but my least favorite character in season 1 was Louise(the rich girl spoiled brat attitude was both funny and annoying), Season 2 I didn't really find anything annoying but I generally dislike Al Sachez(just hate that type of character) and Ribbons(jerk is an understatement, crazy control freak is an understatement just disliked him his gundam is one of my favorites.) Other then those three I found the Haros to be moderately annoying but funny.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
When watching Gundam, do you prefer the original Japanese dub or the English dub?

I prefer the original Japanese dialogue with subs. The dubs is good most of the time but I just prefer the original material. Especially since it keeps a lot of the original material intact. Lockon Stratos's death is one instance where the Japanese version is better. Also the infamous Kira and Flay sex scene lol.

Most annoying character goes a lot of character in each series. Ribbon's was pretty annoying along with Wang Liu Mei in 00.

Griff4815

No. 1 Grovyle Fan

I prefer the original Japanese dialogue with subs. The dubs is good most of the time but I just prefer the original material. Especially since it keeps a lot of the original material intact. Lockon Stratos's death is one instance where the Japanese version is better. Also the infamous Kira and Flay sex scene lol.

Most annoying character goes a lot of character in each series. Ribbon's was pretty annoying along with Wang Liu Mei in 00.

I think it was only the Cartoon Network version (or something) of Gundam Seed that had stuff editted out. I'm watching Gundam Seed on DVD and I'm pretty sure it has that scene (there was no actual sex scene, but just a scene that heavily implied they had sex, right?). They even managed three instances of saying "sh*t".

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I think it was only the Cartoon Network version (or something) of Gundam Seed that had stuff editted out. I'm watching Gundam Seed on DVD and I'm pretty sure it has that scene (there was no actual sex scene, but just a scene that heavily implied they had sex, right?). They even managed three instances of saying "sh*t".

There was a scene but it didn't show anything. It was more than implication though lol. Can't believe Cartoon Network would let sh*t slip by their filters lol.