• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mode Discussion

lexgamer

Ground Type Trainer
Pokemon games have often tried to add new modes of play, double, triple, rotation, reverse, royale, etc, most of which feel like they have fallen pretty flat, aside from doubles. Here's a mode I'd love to see, and I feel like might stick pretty well.

Knockout mode: Instead of playing to eliminate the entire opposing team, you play to a pre-defined amount of enemy knock outs. For example, a 6 point 6v6 singles knockout battle would essentially be the same exact thing as a normal battle, but what this allows for, is say for megas/legendaries, to be worth 2 points, much like the powerful cards in the TCG. So I could have a team of regular mons, and you have a team of Ubers, meaning I would need only 3 KOs while you need all 6 of mine.

This would promote the use of 1 or 2 powerful pokemon to compliment your team, but maybe not a full legendary team. I'm sure a whole new tier system would have to grow around it, but the possibilities intrigue me.

Would love to hear other cool ideas for game modes, or even thoughts on this one :)

Creyk

That is a very interesting and refreshing idea. I was thinking about adding randomizer to the match. At the end of each turn, there is a coin flip. The player who guesses right gets to switch his pokemon if he wants to, without it costing a turn. This would truly put a spin on all the battle mechanics we have heard about so far.