• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Modified Team! RMT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MasterArceus2692

I've finally come up with a better team than my older one to use in competitive battles. I'm still working on it though..................................................... .........

Salemence (Modest) Choice specs
Intimidate 252 spatk/252 speed/6 Hp
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
(special sweeper)

Slaking (Admant) Choice Band
Traunt 252 atk/ 252 speed/ 252 hp
Giga Impact
Brick Break/Fire Punch (This one is still being worked on)
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
(physical sweeper)

Cresselia (Bold) Leftovers
Levitate 252 def/ 252 hp/ 6 spdef
Calm Mind
Thunder Wave
Ice Beam/ Charge Beam (not sure which would be best)
Moonlight
(physical/special wall)

Gyrados (Admant) Leftovers
Intimidate 252 atk/ 252 speed/ 6 hp
Ice Fang
Earhguake/Stone Edge
Waterfall
Dragon Dance (Taunt maybe put some where here.................)
(physical sweeper)

Metagross (admant) leftovers/ Choice band (only if agility is taken out)
Clear Body 252 atk/ 252 def/ 6 hp
Meteor Mash
Explosion (Desperation)
Agility/Zen Headbutt
Earthquake
(defensive physical sweeper via agility)

Now I'm choosing between special sweepers

Porygon Z (Timid) Choice Specs
Download 252 spatk/ 252 speed/ 252 hp
Thunderbolt
Dark Pulse
Tri Attack
Ice Beam

Alakazam (Timid) Choice Specs
Synchronize 252 spatk/252 speed/ 6hp
Trick
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Focus Blast

I got all summer to tweak this team, so I'm open for opinions, observations, additions, and deletions.
I could need all the help I can get, so be honest. (just don't be a jerk)

Thanks

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
OK......

Although I prefer a physical sweep salamence your special one's alright.

Metagross doesn't need explosion, replace it with zen headbutt (STAB) or hammer arm (since your only fighting move would be brick break).

Finally, a person who doen't put nasty plot on a porygon Z! Took people long enough to think why they were putting nasty plot on porygon z and not putting bulk up on tyranitar or metagross.

Can't really think of what this teem needs but i'm sure its missing something...
I'll be back.

aquasuicune

^Specsmence is really superior to the physical version this generation.

Metagross should keep explosion (And agility). You only really need to get one agility in and then you can sweep. His EV's are better put in HP than defense. Also, put enough EV's in speed to get up to 200 speed.

As for your [porygon's] third point, people might not be putting bulk up on TTar and metagross for the simple reason of they don't learn it.

I prefer the gyarados moveset you have right now, but if you do decide to use taunt, make your attacking moves waterfall and return. The normal+water combination is only resisted by empoleon. Any combination of the the other moves gets resisted by many more pokemon.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
OK......

Although I prefer a physical sweep salamence your special one's alright.

Metagross doesn't need explosion, replace it with zen headbutt (STAB) or hammer arm (since your only fighting move would be brick break).

Finally, a person who doen't put nasty plot on a porygon Z! Took people long enough to think why they were putting nasty plot on porygon z and not putting bulk up on tyranitar or metagross.

Can't really think of what this teem needs but i'm sure its missing something...
I'll be back.

lol SpecsMence owns, and PhysicalMence is hard to use without prediction these days.

Lawl at Psychic/Fighting move Gross. either use Explosion or lol TPunch or Rock Slide.

lol at Bulk Up TTar/Gross. Especially seeing as they don't get it. And a 2+ SA Boost is some serious gg.

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
To aquasuicune: srry i checked an it's true, couldn't check before cause of swimming lesson starting in 10 mins.

About Salamence here's the physical sweeper moveset I saw and liked.

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dragon rush/Dragon claw
Fire fang

This set I believe is better because Salamance has more base attack than base sp attack.

To other matters; your team is swampert-weak. Avalance takes care of Salamence, earthquake for metagross, hammer arm for Porygon Z, earthquake for Alakazam, Avalance for Gyarados, Hammer arm slaking. That just leaves cresselia to defend entire team. I know that maybe hydro pump/waterfall/ice beam might kill it but just a word of caution.

To counter this: Get alakazam energy ball and take trick out (what is it doing there?). Isnt that easy to do? By the time you "trick" a physical sweeper could come in and trash it. Besides Energy Ball gives your Alakazam variety.

aquasuicune

NEVER use dragon rush.
Also, even though salamence has a higher base physical attack, he has stronger special moves. CSpecs modest draco meteor 2HKO's almost everything in the game and doesn't need to set up. DDMence and CBmence can't say that.

Raito

HADOUKEN!
lol Hammer Arm Swampert.

well, Tricking Blissey is always fun. And no smart person would switch a Physical Sweeper into Zam, but rather wait and make sure it's faster, or have something like Weavile switch in on Psychic.

Porygon_Rulz

Paciferous Porygon
Why is hammer arm so funny? Its a good move (hammer arm should do more if swampert is doing it, just look at the size of the its arm!).
You get leftovers if you blissey trick (I still don't see how thats fun as blissey also has soft-boiled)
focus blast = bb weavile.

p.s. nobody replied to my swampie theory (besides being lol-ed at : )).

Raito

HADOUKEN!
Getting Lefties from Trick is good.

Weavile is faster than Zam, btw.

Swampert is perfectly content with Surf or Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Earthquake / Roar or Stealth Rock or Protect

Choice Band Ice Beam, Seismic Toss, Protect, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, and Aromatherapy is supeeeeeer funny to me.

Raikou77

Specsmence is really superior to the physical version this generation.
Not really imo. Any smart person is well prepared for it anyway, and sends in Cress/Bronzong/Blissey on it. CB Mence can still work, but as Raito said you need to know how to predict well. It'd be a nice surprise to give Blissey a CB'd Dragon Claw as it comes in lol.

Also, your missing a physical wall.

Sora_Keyblade_Owner

Ultimate evil grinXD
Get a bit more defense in your team. There's only one defensive pokemon in your team and if it's knocked out (Heracross can beat it) then you'll be very vulnerable and a will have to sweep fast.