• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mohn and Lillie: A Reunion on the Tundra! (1200)

RafaSceptile

I mean, the direction was good (which tbh pokemon in general doese have good direction outside of battles, in-battle it's less consistent), but the animation was nothing amazing
True, but I also mentioned before that this episode (Lillie) truly shines because of its history. The animation and visuals like Lusamine reactions during the episode complements the work of the story. Which is why I mention when people complain about exclusively animation, you need more than that if you want to fix most of those battles.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Which is why I mention when people complain about exclusively animation, you need more than that if you want to fix most of those battles.
Are you sure about that? Most criticisms I've seen of the last two battles came down to the out of place comedy but more poor animation of Ash vs Drasna and the underwhelming Lucario instant win button finisher in Ash vs Raihan. The comedy and partly the abrupt finishing blow come down to writing choices, but the flow of the Drasna battle and the unimpactful and weightless Aura Bomb can be fixed with better animation. OH-1000K-O Volts and Super-Mega-Max-Aura Sphere are really no different, even down to having a flashback montage, although the events portrayed in the former actually happened on-screen. What sets them apart however is the impact and energy given off by the visual presentation of Pi-kamehameha that Lucario's Giant Aura Sphere lacked. I don't want to derail the thread with debates over animation unrelated to this episode so I'll leave it at that.

RafaSceptile

Are you sure about that? Most criticisms I've seen of the last two battles came down to the out of place comedy but more poor animation of Ash vs Drasna and the underwhelming Lucario instant win button finisher in Ash vs Raihan. The comedy and partly the abrupt finishing blow come down to writing choices, but the flow of the Drasna battle and the unimpactful and weightless Aura Bomb can be fixed with better animation. OH-1000K-O Volts and Super-Mega-Max-Aura Sphere are really no different, even down to having a flashback montage, although the events portrayed in the former actually happened on-screen. What sets them apart however is the impact and energy given off by the visual presentation of Pi-kamehameha that Lucario's Giant Aura Sphere lacked. I don't want to derail the thread with debates over animation unrelated to this episode so I'll leave it at that.
Yes, but when you compare Ash vs Raihan to Ash vs Kukui there are much more to consider than just animation, especially when 1 battle was 4 episodes long and the other just 1. Animation is important but not everything, and having just better animation overall in those battles won't fix their main issues to make them memorable enough in comparison to some of the most memorable battles in the Pokémon Anime.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
So you don't understand anything. Got it.
Ironic...

It's not hard to humble yourself, concede a flawed argument and to admit to being wrong, instead of running around in circles and using all manners of strawmen, whataboutism, deflections, fallacies etc to continue arguing a bad take.

I already explained my points and you are free to disagree and left if you want to, which is different.
strawmen, whataboutism, deflections, fallacies etc
'Explained' everything else other than the actual point, as proven with how you deflected from "production/visual quality".

Sure you did.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Ironic...

It's not hard to humble yourself, concede a flawed argument and to admit to being wrong, instead of running around in circles and using all manners of strawmen, whataboutism, deflections, fallacies etc to continue arguing a bad take.
Except it is not flawed, I already explained my points and you are free to disagree and left if you want to, which is different. I coudln't care any less about whatever you want to think about me anyways.

RafaSceptile

'Explained' everything else other than the actual point, as proven with how you deflected from "production/visual quality".
Because I already explained my arguments about this stupid "favoritism" discussion several times before, and so did other people as well.

Can someone give me a TLDR of the last ten pages of this threads off topic discussion of XY vs SM vs JN animation circlejerk?

KukuiFanatic501

Why is there always a mass break out argument in every character return thread?
^This

Personally I’m not even seeing what’s the damn big deal to argue about the animation here, you have to have very microscopic eyes in my opinion to purposely try finding stuff like this to not like and use as reason to start arguments and, otherwise, drama on this level.

I’m not saying everyone has to like what this episode did, or even like the episode itself, but it never surprises me to find myself disappointed in seeing stuff in these discussions that adds onto the running theme of every character return having some type of controversy, even to this extent of badgering each other over freaking animation.

^This

Personally I’m not even seeing what’s the damn big deal to argue about the animation here, you have to have very microscopic eyes in my opinion to purposely try finding stuff like this to not like and use as reason to start arguments and, otherwise, drama on this level.

I’m not saying everyone has to like what this episode did, or even like the episode itself, but it never surprises me to find myself disappointed in seeing stuff in these discussions that adds onto the running theme of every character return having some type of controversy, even to this extent of badgering each other over freaking animation.
The gaslighting and goalpost moving is always the next step in arguments like these. Never mind the fact that the " big, damn deal " is that anime is literally a visual medium, this should be self-evident and obvious. No need of microscopic eyes to notice the incredibly apparent differences in production level. No one has disputed that the production quality of this episode is much higher than the average JN episode.

I for one love the supposed " controversy " given that the outrage is an entirely manufactured one by people who can't be honest with themselves so they need to project the supposed problems with the discourse onto other people.

KukuiFanatic501

The gaslighting and goalpost moving is always the next step in arguments like these. Never mind the fact that the " big, damn deal " is that anime is literally a visual medium, this should be self-evident and obvious.
Don’t know how me expressing an opinion of this argument over one episode having good animation vs other JN episodes not receiving as such being pointless means I’m “gaslighting” or goalpost moving, but K.

I know what anime is. That doesn’t really invalidate my comment about this whole 10 page drama fest over this episodes animation being more problematic than made out to be and, really, shouldn’t be such a problem unless people want to find something to argue about.
No need of microscopic eyes to notice the incredibly apparent differences in production level.
Cool since that wasn’t what my point was.
No one has disputed that the production quality of this episode is much higher than the average JN episode.

I for one love the supposed " controversy " given that the outrage is an entirely manufactured one by people who can't be honest with themselves so they need to project the supposed problems with the discourse onto other people.
You mean people who didn’t start a thing here, but were responding to the conspiracy theorists claiming or thinking that there’s a hidden bias at play with this episodes production quality?

Don’t know how me expressing an opinion of this argument over one episode having good animation vs other JN episodes not receiving as such being pointless means I’m “gaslighting” or goalpost moving, but K.
Because it's purposefully myopic? Can you not think within yourself why people would care about the animation even if you don't?
I know what anime is. That doesn’t really invalidate my comment about this whole 10 page drama fest over this episodes animation being more problematic than made out to be and, really, shouldn’t be such a problem unless people want to find something to argue about.
There is no " drama fest. " An observation was made and people argued over the observation before you decided to drop a pile of nothing and say that you were " disappointed " that the discussion happened in the first place.
Cool since that wasn’t what my point was.
Yeah, your point was that you don't care about the problems people have put forth. Which is fine! I saw some people in the thread admit the bias, but embrace it. No problem with that. What I'm not a fan of is the gaslighting that the readily apparent difference isn't there.
You mean people who didn’t start a thing here, but were responding to the conspiracy theorists claiming or thinking that there’s a hidden bias at play with this episodes production quality?
See second paragraph.

Do you want to substantiate why this is a conspiracy theory or do you want to continue to meaninglessly gesture about how bad the conversation is like your last post?

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This whole situation is a perfect demonstration of why this fandom doesn't deserve nice things. Give them a decent episode and they will tear it to shreds. Genuinely hoping that PWC turns out to be a shitftest because none of you deserve any better than that.