• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mohn and Lillie: A Reunion on the Tundra! (1200)

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Y'all keep missing the best part and most coveted return of this series.
31ba322c27912441ebce2dde5bd021ca.png
655e81292223e8cff267ee2c07821003.png

Would love to see this with proper model / body proportions and sneakers instead of snow boots.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I also would like to say… I don’t think Tomiyasu has “favorite” characters or series… in the sense of writing creativity.. I’m…

Saying that he prefers SM would kinda off. If anything XY got the most preferential treatment. *cries in Unova*. It’s probably the least visited region

Glad best girl got a satisfying conclusion though!

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
This definitely was one of the most wonderful and touching Pokemon episodes I have ever seen. Even though I don't like SM I have always liked Lillie and Gladion. They are the best out of what SM had to offer imo. I'm so happy that they found their father and got a happy ending. It's such a brilliantly written episode and I will never forget it. Blonde siblings are the best! GOAT episode.

diakyu

I also would like to say… I don’t think Tomiyasu has “favorite” characters or series… in the sense of writing creativity.. I’m…

Saying that he prefers SM would kinda off. If anything XY got the most preferential treatment. *cries in Unova*. It’s probably the least visited region

Glad best girl got a satisfying conclusion though!
I agree with you. People in this fandom love, absolutely love to force conspiracy theories about the people who work on this show when in reality a lot of what they do is pretty clear in its reasoning. Sun and Moon is the most recent series and left with a massive hanging plotline with Mohn so of course it got resolved. It's not that he prefers it, I mean heck he might still, but it's just the most obvious thing to do lol

Last edited:

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
Just watched the episode. It seems very sweet, and it communicates a lot visually even though I don't understand Japanese.

I'm looking forward to watching this tonight when the better subs are released.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I agree with you. People in this fandom love, absolutely love to force conspiracy theories about the people who work on this show when in reality a lot of what they do is pretty clear in its reasoning. Sun and Moon is the most recent series and left with a massive hanging plotline with Mohn so of course it got resolved. It's not that he prefers it, it's just the most obvious thing to do lol
I mean the episode that marks ash’s first win againts an E4, reaching the top of hyper class, not to mention MARKINGTHE 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE SHOW, all notable milestones, looked horrible. While on the other hand, an episode focused on emotional turmoil and a somber atmosphere has one of the most dynamic and best animated action sequences in a long while for absolutely no reason. It’s not hard to see why people would think that.

It’s either favoritism, or just utter incompetence in assigning the workforce. Neither is really preferable. The story is fine and is a great conclusion, the animation on the other hand is so good it’s baffling where this kind of quality was before and if it was even needed here.

Though considering there was at least one occasion where the animation went beyond what a scene likely needed in another episode that i can think of, it might genuinely really just be the latter.

Ultra Beast Lover

Funny how PM19's best episodes have nothing to do with PM19's goals, and are instead closing the book on previous series' plotlines, like the Arceus special (DP), Serena's return (XY), and now Alola's done
It feels a little sad how true this is. Normally the best episodes of a show are the episodes that focus on the main plot/conflict, with the non-plot focused episodes being brushed off as a simple sidequest. Somehow, somehow Journeys has managed to completely reverse this and it's the fillers/side plots that are the most gripping and the main goals are just meh. Hopefully the next saga turns this around.

Bendicion

Water Master
This episode would’ve been absolutely perfect if it wasn’t a Journeys episode. Because of it being a Journeys episode, they needed to shoehorn Ash and co. in there, but then they feel out of place aside from one scene where Ash saves Lillie. Funnily enough, in the context of Journeys, such an eventful episode ends up being an actual filler episode. Should’ve been a SM special or something.

Evstike

Take me back to peak pokemon
Oh no, no one said he has to do it all or on a continuous basis, but they could at least start giving him AD roles in the rotation and assigning some important episodes so as to take the pressure off the other notable ADs.
That wouldn't do as much as you think it would. Sure, we'd get some good supervision and possibly more dynamic drawings, but being on AD duty would give him less time to work on his own cuts. If you're suggesting they make an additional slot in the rotation for Oshida, where would they get the animators to work on these episodes? My assumption is that the whole issue stems from a lack of animators available and scheduling issues, so giving the series regulars more work surely wouldn't help.

Now if only we had someone else on the team who could consistently provide good animation...
More so considering Iwane's been out of the rotation for ages and is presumably working on the M8 episodes at the moment.
Production on the M8 episodes is likely underway now, but he still has some upcoming work before then like next week's episode and presumably Paul's return.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Gladion the man who wanted to takedown all Ultra Beasts due to his trauma as a child now owns one, gotta say I'm genuninely happy for this kid. He not only gets to achieve his goal of finding his father but also continuning to become a stronger trainer (inspired by seeing Pikachu's Z-Move defeat Utsuroid-Lusamine) and manages to get an Ultra Beasts. It really does a good job making him feel a bit "special" and it feels good to have a more down-to-earth character like him around at times but at the same time happy and joyful so you know it's not an act. It felt like a fitting way to have Lillie shine while giving his own character closure.

Also that picture of the Aether's family made me realize they really do have a black and white aesthetic to to them with their Pokemon, probably a chance thing but really nice nontheless. I love Lillie and Gladon's more grounded characters and stories, not chosen one's or super special strong talented people but just sweet kids that want to work hard to rebuild their family. On another note Zoroark, Utsuroid, Midnight Lugarugan, Blacky and Silvuddy. I love how the writers have done such a good job fleshing out a rivals whole team. His standard three was one of my nitpicks but now he has almost full cast.