• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mohn and Lillie: A Reunion on the Tundra! (1200)

1f2d13caec07604331c13ade43a0140e.png
Ladies and gentlemen, I will draw this, later or tomorrow I will upload it here!

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I don't think this episode is the best of Journeys, the tension and sad scenes are there but still there are things that felt forced like Ash's meddling. Also, Mohn remembering everything suddenly felt very random. I'll have to wait for the subtitles.
Yeah i think this was one of JN‘s better episodes, but some things didn’t really work for me.

First things first, ash and the rest absolutely didn’t need to be here. They added absolutely nothing to the story, and if anything just ruined the quiet atmosphere around the family. Absolutely needless and forced insertion, and made chloe‘s random inclusion even weirder. If they really couldn‘t go an episode without ash and goh, just have them hearing the mayor‘s story at the start, and then running into the family at the end as they are heading home.

Second is the unnecessary good animation. Now don‘t get me wrong here i‘m not saying this ep should have bad animation, but it definitely didn‘t need some of the of the stuff in it when the episode doesn’t even have much movement in first place. The details and effort for the final reunion as the climax was definitely warranted and needed. The excessive iron tail animation that was pointless for the story? Genuinely pissed me off. It would be one thing if the series could constantly pump quality out like OP, but the terrible battles we‘ve had says otherwise.

Finally about the core story and more of personal nitpick compar my other complaints. The episode gave me more of a supernatural mystery vibe, so i wished they kept the twist of nihilego being the daughter for longer. It would‘ve kept the mystery and tension up longer.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
I feel happy for the SM fans who got such a good episode for their favorite character and series, but it really sucks to see how much effort got poured into this episode, while the rest of the series looks like third-rate garbage and has yawn-worthy writing. This episode is a good example of what this staff can do when they actually care. They either went all-out on this episode and it's just Tomiyasu being incredibly biased towards SM (Lillie in particular), or it's just their way of showing how little they care about JN as a whole.

I know this is a very negative takeaway from an otherwise good episode, but it's hard not to see just how much effort was put in here that's missing from most other episodes of this saga.
Great episode even without the subtitles. Still frustrating how male centered the show is, why did Galdion get Nihilego when Lillie was the obvious choice? Just because he is a guy? Ffs.
Pretty sure it's family-owned, not just Gladion's.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So what was the pokemon that Ash and the crew came to find?? Did they ever say??

Also god I missed Lillie, seriously her and Chloe are the best girls in awhile now and it was great to see them together even if it was brief, hopefully next episode they'll bond a bit.

togenaught18

Pretty interesting, although Ash was here because... whatever reason lol. At least theyre going to alola together the next episode.

IcySealeo

This episode is probably one of the best in the entire anime, so different from many episodes. Usually I look at episodes in a very cynical manner, but you just can't stay apathetic to it. It was a great story coming to an end, although you have to wonder why it didn't happen back in SM and only at the end of the next series.

thor94

really touching episode, and like some viewers said, the best managed return of older character (dawn and serena return basically tried to ignore ash existence at the best writers could do)
And the final family picture at the end seems to make fun of Ash and say "look Ash, there is almost an officially caught legendary/mythical/rare UB for each member of our family, something you will never allowed to do"

Rohanator

So what was the pokemon that Ash and the crew came to find?? Did they ever say??

Also god I missed Lillie, seriously her and Chloe are the best girls in awhile now and it was great to see them together even if it was brief, hopefully next episode they'll bond a bit.
It was the Nihilego, the old man at the beginning was telling them about it, describing it as "white" but then going "or was it yellow instead? No it was both", hinting about the shininess for anyone who had already guessed Nihilego.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
It is Gladion’s, he has its beastball in the preview for next week (along with Umbreon, Zoruark, Lycanroc and Silvally’s) when pondering which one to use.
...are you serious? They gave one sibling a shiny Mythical and another a shiny UB? What is it with Tomiyasu and Matsui handing these things out like candy to Lusamine's family?

What's next, Lusamine getting a shiny Lunala?

AARTX

Dead inside…
...are you serious? They gave one sibling a shiny Mythical and another a shiny UB? What is it with Tomiyasu and Matsui handing these things out like candy to Lusamine's family?

What's next, Lusamine getting a shiny Lunala?
Well, it pretty much fits their stereotype of a rich family that gets/has everything they want.

TBF studio OLM does have a lot on their plate right now. Funny how the pokemon anime got the BDSP treatment.

Last edited:

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Calm down people, we should still get crazy animation in the Master Class
If else it shows they still know how to do it
Pretty enjoyable episode, once again the anime concludes an arc the games couldn't. The Aether family looked wholesome and it's nice how they explored not only them but also Zoroark's relationship with Mohn
It's also sort of a bookend too how Nihilego started off with people thinking it was Lillie
Ash's appearance felt a biit forced but better than he appearing just at the end like a couple of other returns.
And what was this art in the Lillie and Nihilego scene in the window?? Totally something else

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
As usual S&M and Alola fans are eating REALLY good this series with each visit to Alola managing to matter in some way. I don’t even wanna go too much in depth without seeing this affair with subs first or reading the thread discussions. Basically everything one could have wanted for Lillie wrapped up in a nice bow, cathartic watching Aether’s fam with their Arceus-lite human creation chimera, a Magearna Mohn himself built and now the same Pokémon responsible for much of their trauma.

For the first time in a return, we have an episode just for the titular character. No Koharu, Go or any other character being developed. Just Lillie and her fam.

Last edited:

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Still waiting for all the people who complained about Goh getting Suicune, I'm sure they'll complain about Gladion getting a free shiny Ultra Beast for no real reason too, won't they?

Any moment now...

yes I know I'm one of those people, that's part of the joke trust me

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Calm down people, we should still get crazy animation in the Master Class
If else it shows they still know how to do it
They couldn't assign this kind of priority to the M8 Promotion Match (to add salt to the wound, the AD for it was Shinohara), which is objectively a very high benchmark for the anime as a whole and an important moment to the narrative. It's valid to feel pessimistic about Tomiyasu's priorities.
Still waiting for all the people who complained about Goh getting Suicune, I'm sure they'll complain about Gladion getting a free shiny Ultra Beast for no real reason too, won't they?

Any moment now...
I'm not sure if both scenarios are the same, because UBs aren't Legendaries, and the Suicune episode's writing and set-up was far too contrived compared to this episode's. Here, there was an actual personal angle at play without any bent worldbuilding, that was not the case for the former.

Gingertail24

Absolutely great episode. Agree that ash and the others being here was really pointless. But man is this family just getting rare and mythical Pokemon like a walk in the park lol

Blood Red

【推しの子】
They couldn't assign this kind of priority to the M8 Promotion Match (to add salt to the wound, the AD for it was Shinohara), which is objectively a very high benchmark for the anime as a whole and an important moment to the narrative. It's valid to feel pessimistic about Tomiyasu's priorities.
I wholeheartedly agree.
I'm not sure if both scenarios are the same, because UBs aren't Legendaries, and the Suicune episode's writing and set-up was far too contrived compared to this episode's. Here, there was an actual personal angle at play without any bent worldbuilding, that was not the case for the former.
UBs are 'Legendaries' as far as the games are concerned; they're on the same tier as something like Suicune, and are marked as such. Also, this being a shiny makes this way more special than a regular, non-shiny Legendary.

Also, you wouldn't hear a peep out of me if Mohn caught it, but he didn't; Gladion did, and for no good reason.