• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mohn and Lillie: A Reunion on the Tundra! (1200)

LazySpy

Kimty
This whole situation is a perfect demonstration of why this fandom doesn't deserve nice things. Give them a decent episode and they will tear it to shreds. Genuinely hoping that PWC turns out to be a shitftest because none of you deserve any better than that.

c82ee141b036d622e95feece7feca247.png

If Ohashi decided to randomly come back as the AD and also provided KA for the 100% confirmed, definitely happening Ash/AG vs Alain/MCX grudge match in the PWC semis, I wouldn't be faulting people for seeing a bias because there would be one. One of the conversations following that hypothetical, besides gushing about how good the animation was, should be about why the bias exists. That would have an easy answer which, similar to this episode, and then hopefully it should transition into the more substantive discussion about whether or not it was justified.

None of the above would mean that people disliked the episode and I don't understand how any of what transpired in this discussion thread is tantamount to tearing this episode to shreds.

Last edited:

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
This whole situation is a perfect demonstration of why this fandom doesn't deserve nice things. Give them a decent episode and they will tear it to shreds. Genuinely hoping that PWC turns out to be a shitftest because none of you deserve any better than that.
You just blatantly strawman'd here.

Literally no one "tore this episode to shreds" (LazySpy was fooling around in that one post, so don't take that seriously), the discussion about highly prioritizing this episode's production quality has nothing to do with the actual episode's end-quality, but the behind-the-scenes machinations. There has been nothing but praise for this episode mostly. One can like the episode and still call out what was discussed, if anything, that's a sign of being unbiased and fair. Ignoring the obvious and stan'ing all over the place, pretending all's right and anyone stating otherwise being out of their minds, isn't.

And your final line is just a non-sequitur and an unnecessary projection.

EDIT:
Blame to people complaining about this episode "being too good", as some people also noticed this in the previous pages and starting with this stupid "favoritism" conspiracy theory
Fits the description to a tee.
b9192e34b17e7d2363ceba85163c4798.png

EDIT2:
Not really because what I mention is LITERALLY what is happening and other people also mentioned it as well.
By continuing to strawman and intentionally misrepresent what is actually being discussed, deflecting and villainizing anyone who so much as dares to counter, because admitting to being wrong is too hard.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

Blame to people complaining about this episode "being too good", as some people also noticed this in the previous pages and starting with this stupid "favoritism" conspiracy theory

Fits the description to a tee.
Not really because what I mention is LITERALLY what is happening and other people also mentioned it as well.

Last edited:

KukuiFanatic501

Because it's purposefully myopic? Can you not think within yourself why people would care about the animation even if you don't?
No. I actually don’t, unless those people are just hiding the fact that they’re upset this level of animation was put in for an episode and for characters that they aren’t exactly too pleased with, or would rather it be done for others instead.

Regardless of how much you care, or don’t care about certain episodes, this is a series that I’m sure all of us appreciate. So no, I genuinely don’t see the big deal about this episode getting a particular level of animation and others not getting it. You can dislike the inconsistency in animation quality, but that’s different from thinking there’s bias at play between the series.
There is no " drama fest. " An observation was made and people argued over the observation before you decided to drop a pile of nothing and say that you were " disappointed " that the discussion happened in the first place.
10 pages of people arguing over “conspiracy theories” of bias? Yeah definitely not a drama fest (which most people in this thread don’t agree with not being drama)

But you do you I guess, not trying to start an argument (or another one).

RafaSceptile

No. I actually don’t, unless those people are just hiding the fact that they’re upset this level of animation was put in for an episode and for characters that they aren’t exactly too pleased with, or would rather it be done for others instead.

Regardless of how much you care, or don’t care about certain episodes, this is a series that I’m sure all of us appreciate. So no, I genuinely don’t see the big deal about this episode getting a particular level of animation and others not getting it. You can dislike the inconsistency in animation quality, but that’s different from thinking there’s bias at play between the series.

10 pages of people arguing over “conspiracy theories” of bias? Yeah definitely not a drama fest (which most people in this thread don’t agree with not being drama)

But you do you I guess, not trying to start an argument (or another one).
At this point is just denial about what literally happened in the previous pages and that all people can read

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Ok so this girl reunited with that man, and they all returned to their rich mansion(s?) with their servants. Maybe she will get another free Mythical in her next return

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
FINALLLYYYY I get to review this episode
Big shock guys, I ABSOLUTELY loved it :p
Ik I was being a bit annoying here with some of my doomposting about the episode before it aired, lowering my expectations and whatnot but man, they absolutely blowed me away
It is the first time an episode of Pokemon has literally touched on all of the notes I wanted from a specific thing, this being the Aether reunion
We got everything man! A heartwarming reunion, emotions, good writing, good explanations, amazing OST, perfect emphasis and time, literally everything!! I do think it's absolutely one of the best episodes in anipoke as a whole, undisputedly.

- First of all since I haven't seen anyone mention it here, I love how Chloe smiled and immediately said yes to Ash and Goh for joining them to Crown Tundra, such a stark contrast with her earlier self and good growth
- The gag with the mayor was genuinely funny in a cute way, that would strike well with kids and makes the older audience smile as well in wholesome amusement
- Magearna being a snowball and having little quirks like that were really appreciated! Esp since SM didn't have much time with it
- I didn't realise how much I missed Gladion
- Lusamine literally broke my heart with her reactions. Her realising Mohn lost his memory, her absolute heartbreak at the thought that Mohn now has a daughter (Never EVER expected them to touch on that), her explanation of Mohns situation, her crying when Mohn got his memory back as it was literally the source of all her trauma. Heck knowing game Lusamine this scene hits even harder. In EVERY medium, losing Mohn changed Lusamine for the worse, a huge tear to her soul. Just seeing her actually feeling whole again and getting her family back......man that broke me. I love Lillie, Gladion and the aether family so much but seeing Lusamine break down like that is what broke me and got those tears out of my eyes
- The Ultra Beast plotline was so cool wtf?? It had no right being this well written and thought out, this well presented with the wtf moments, mystery, tension and appropriate reveal and conclusion. It referencing those theories during SMs hype season was a cherry on top of the cake. Really really well thought out, completely original and ties up Lillie, Gladion and Lusamine's themes so well, esp with how relevant Nihilego has been to their lives and trajectory
- I'm SICK of people saying Ash and Goh shouldn't have been in the episode. Jesus Christ what a horrible take. Ash of all people DESERVED to witness the aether family reunion, seeing them together again considering how much he's done for them and factors for them. Goh and Chloe are natural tag alongs and proper natural organic progression into the next episode. And thank god he didn't do much, he needed to be there yes and also didn't need to do much so the ENTIRE focus could be on the Aether family as they deserved
- That iron tail shot was cool but kinda overhyped ngl. It was just a stylistic choice of the animator trying something, sure it looks cool but it won't work in a fast paced battle with multiple attacks
An isolated single move in a character based episode though? Perfect usage

Which brings me to the absolute STUPID, brain dead conversation that has been happening in this thread of bias and all
Istg I hate this mentality so much, this isn't Tomiyasu showing bias to an episode coz SM rocks every other series sucks for him. ITS BECAUSE THIS EPISODE DESERVED TO BE PRIORITISED AND IS IMPORTANT
Lillie IS A MAIN CHARACTER for those who've forgotten, who's storyline was literally left open ON PURPOSE for the next series. She was literally the only character who had to return and it making absolutely perfect sense. They likely had this story planned, so of course they would present it well. It's also a humanised and more character story, something the current staff likes much more than plain old battles so they'll be more inclined to work for that. That doesn't mean there's a SM bias you dummies, it means there is a want to make sure an important episode like this gets the accolades it needed and the writing it deserved in a premise that's more appealing than just battles.
Serena's episode and every other returns are much more different than this, and battles are a whole different thing. It was literally ONE attack that was well animated, not a whole battle ffs. We've had episodes like Gulpin balls where the visuals were insane too, so again it's not a SM bias. Stop with that utter nonsense, and from so many people it definitely feels like an agenda they are trying to push. Kindly, shut the hell up

Ok it is no longer weekend and I am still waiting to @SerGoldenhandtheJust comments about this episode because I am pretty sure he will enjoy this episode a lot.
Spot on! Trust me, I really wanted to be the first one here but the day of this episode I had my flight back home from college, which had turbulence and thunderstorms so it kept getting rerouted and was a total nightmare, leaving me very tired and anxious about dealing with my mom who was having a heart attack coz she was kinda overreacting to my flight problems lol. Than when came home found out my brother is leaving for work, so had an impromptu family trip kinda, and just a lot of headaches. Finally glad to return here, literally watched this episode half an hour before the latest one aired with the battle royale, so watched the SM finale 2.0 back to back, and can't remember being so satisfied by anipoke ever
Two cheers for production quality! I'm jumping on the Tomiyasu bias bandwagon because the difference is extraordinary.
Of course you are
^This

Personally I’m not even seeing what’s the damn big deal to argue about the animation here, you have to have very microscopic eyes in my opinion to purposely try finding stuff like this to not like and use as reason to start arguments and, otherwise, drama on this level.

I’m not saying everyone has to like what this episode did, or even like the episode itself, but it never surprises me to find myself disappointed in seeing stuff in these discussions that adds onto the running theme of every character return having some type of controversy, even to this extent of badgering each other over freaking animation.
It's dumb, absolutely dumbfuckery of a conversation.
Ok so this girl reunited with that man, and they all returned to their rich mansion(s?) with their servants. Maybe she will get another free Mythical in her next return
I freaking hate XY fans like you. I literally hate the divisions in this fandom and with people like you, man i just really hope you stop loving Pokemon, coz for sure as hell you annoy the hell out of others whose whole personality isn't liking only one saga

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Not as dumb as your criticizms of The Batman
Sweetie you haven't heard my criticisms yet :p
Hopefully I'll see you on discord this upcoming week to tell you bout them :v
Got the @SerGoldenhandtheJust essay expected from every Alola episode thread. I am now completely satisfied.
:p
Hurry up and watch the latest episode, I want your essay on the battle royale ep too!! (I'm writing mine immediately after this)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Sweetie you haven't heard my criticisms yet :p
Hopefully I'll see you on discord this upcoming week to tell you bout them :v

:p
Hurry up and watch the latest episode, I want your essay on the battle royale ep too!! (I'm writing mine immediately after this)
I’m off work for the weekend so it definitely is coming soon. Going to give the PM episode a review first since I’ve unintentionally been holding off on it and @Sham has given it great praise.

pardusco

"The oppression of Poké Balls."
Pretty good episode, first ep I've fully watched since Marnie I think. I think shoe-horning in Ash, Goh, and Chloe for no reason is corny though. I expected Nihilgeo to be more antagonistic, so this was a cool twist.

vondecayle

As someone who disliked the sun/moon anime I really loved this episode. I’m glad that lillies face looks corrected. The episode wrapped up the Aethers story nicely. Some of the shots were beautifully done and I don’t mind it at all. As for Gladion or the Aether family receiving another rare pokemon, I think it’s completely fine. It makes sense story wise and it’s not the big fuss some people are making it out to be.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Am I right in thinking this episode was a minute longer than most Journeys episodes? If so, was that length kept for the dub or did they cut stuff?