• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moment of Lumiose Truth! (870)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Lumiose Gym Match! Ash VS Clemont!!

It's finally time for the long awaited gym battle between Ash and Clemont. With both of the trainers having trained, they intend to fulfill their promise and fight their hardest, despite knowing eachother's strategies. With Clemont using Bunnelby, Luxray and Heliolisk, and Ash using Pikachu, Hawlucha and his newly evolved Goodra, the battle will be tense. Which Pokémon will lead which trainer to victory?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Ash and co. as they are about to arrive on the battlefield of the Lumiose Gym.

Ash and Clemont walk through the entrance doors towards the battlefield.

Ash and Clemont are now standing on either side of the battlefield.

Serena and Bonnie are in the stands.

Serena sends out her Braixen and Pancham too watch the Gym Battle.

Bonnie suggests to Dedenne to watch the Gym Battle as well.

Meyer and Chespin are also in the stands to watch the battle.

Ash chooses his Pikachu to battle first and then Clemont sends out his Bunnelby.

The first two Pokemon to battle are Ash's Pikachu and Clemont's Bunnelby.

Clembot starts the match.

Pikachu uses Quick Attack on Bunnelby and it knocks Bunnelby back a bit.

Bunnelby regains its footing and then uses Double Slap to knock Pikachu back.

Bunnelby uses a new move, Wild Charge on Pikachu.

Pikachu uses Iron Tail and eventually defeats Bunnelby.

Bunnelby has been defeated, so Clemont recalls Bunnelby back to its Pokeball.

Ash recalls Pikachu back to his side.

Clemont then sends out his Heliolisk and Ash sends out his Goodra.

The two Pokemon start battling eachother.

Bonnie gets dizzy after seeing Heliolisk's speedy running across the battlefield.

Dare Da? Luxray.

Helioptile uses Thunder Wave on Goodra, leaving it paralysed.

Ash recalls Goodra back to its Pokeball for now.

Ash then sends out his Hawlucha to battle Heliolisk.

Hawlucha and Heliolisk both prove to be quite fast during their battle.

Hawlucha defeats Heliolisk by sending Heliolisk crashing into the stands with a Hi-Jump Kick.

Heliolisk has been defeated and then Clemont recalls Heliolisk back to its Pokeball.

Clemont then sends out his Luxray.

Luxray uses Electric Terrain, which strengthens its Electric Type moves.

Luxray defeats Hawlucha.

Hawlucha has been defeated and Ash then recalls him back to his Pokeball.

Ash brings Pikachu back to battle Luxray.

Luxray his Pikachu a couple of times with Wild Charge.

Luxray defeats Pikachu.

Pikachu has been defeated and then Ash brings him back to his side.

Ash then sends Goodra out again to battle Luxray.

Goodra uses Rain Dance and then Goodra happily dances as it rains.

Luxray bites Goodra's tail with ThunderFang, but Goodra throws Luxray away.

Luxray then tries to attack Goodra with Wild Charge and Swift.

Goodra takes the attacks by using Bide.

Goodra then uses Bide to attack Luxray.

The blast from Goodra's Bide hitting Luxray creates a big dust cloud across the battlefield.

The dust clears and Luxray is still standing, even though he is exhausted.

Luxray falls to the grown.

Luxray has been defeated and Clembot declares Ash the winner of the Gym Battle.

Ash has won his Gym Battle against Clemont.

Everyone moves to the middle of the battlefield.

Bonnie is happy with Clemont.

Meyer is so happy with Clemont that he puts an arm around him and cries.

Everyone is happy about Ash winning his Gym Battle.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Pikachu defeated Bunnelby LMFAO

He basically pulled a Volkner by ordering Pikachu to use Iron tail while Bunnelby was hiding underground.

Now it's Goodra vs Heliolisk. Pikachu recalled.

Dare da? Luxray

Goodra got switched out! Not it's Hawlucha vs Heliolisk. Hawlucha defeated Heliolisk!

Luxray easily wrecked both Hawlucha & Pikachu. Now it's Luxray vs Goodra for the final match.

Goodra's rain dance canceled Ele. Terrain out. Also it's ability is confirmed to be Hydration.

Goodra's bide defeated Luxray. That was kinda meh.

Last edited:

Captain America X

Oh hell yeah.Goodra stars and Hawlucha gets a win.Well this battle is basically perfect.Now I just have to actually see it.

Pikachu getting too much hype it seemed,Hawlucha will be the fall guy it seemed?

so Dragon Tail's effect worked for once, wow.

The other times it was used was during a 1v1 or when it is down to the final pokemon or if it knocks out the pokemon so logically it couldn't work before.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Pikachu defeated Bunnelby LMFAO

He basically pulled a Volkner by ordering Pikachu to use Iron tail while Bunnelby was hiding underground.

Now it's Goodra vs Heliolisk. Pikachu recalled.

Dare da? Luxray

Goodra got switched out! Not it's Hawlucha vs Heliolisk. Hawlucha defeated Heliolisk!

Luxray easily wrecked both Hawlucha & Pikachu. Now it's Luxray vs Goodra for the final match.

Goodra's rain dance canceled Ele. Terrain out. Also it's ability is confirmed to be Hydration.

Goodra's bide defeated Luxray. That was kinda meh.

So Terrain moves are treated the same as weather?

phanpycross

God-king
God bless the writers and their red herrings.

Pikachu's battle vs. Bunnelby was awesome tho, I cant explain how happy I am with this battle, I call this one possibly becoming a classic alongside Ash vs. Paul if Bide wasnt such a boring move, but that's a minor ossue at best.

Last edited:

NitroLightningFlash

Looks like for once it was good to put faith in the writers (so glad they didn't mess the battle up) i was right when i hoped they'd all get one win-i don't believe in stars so as long as all three got a win, i was happy lol-so awesome :3

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I am pleasantly suprised how this gym battle was handled. Full of strategic, awesome animation, the Hawlucha vs Heliolisk battle was really good and the counter with Goodra was suprising. The only Moment I didn't like that much was the final blow.
Without overacting one of the best gym battles to date.

Biornha

Poor Heliolisk tho. Got wrecked so easily lol.

I'm happy for Hawlucha.

Considering Heliolisk as a weak defensive poke and part normal type, not that big of a surprise :3 Considering his speed though I could've see it dodge a High jump kick from hawlucha :p

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
So it has come to pass, the end of the BroBowl.

-Pikachu is gonna main they said
-Hawlucha is gonna job they said

Once again, shitposters BTFO. This was an intense episode, so intense it was that I need to download the raw because the streaming kept dying on me. Great animation and music, and I'm glad the BroBowl theme aka Getto BanBan got played instead of Volt. One thing that I noticed here is that Ash carried the momentum of the entire battle even before he took out Goodra. Nearly ever new trick Clemont churned out he countered it, and I'm glad for it. Who would've known Pikachu would literally destroy the ground just to stop Bunnelby digging, didn't quite see how Ash noticed Heliolisk's moves against Hawlucha, but I like how he did notice it, this also includes how he noticed that Goodra needs water and pretty much destroyed Clemont's strategy of an Electric Terrain. Step it up, Clemont.

Over all a great episode, and worthy closing to the BroBowl. I loved the callbacks to both episode 1 and episode 3 but now with Serena added, and I'm glad Bonnie wasn't a little **** that steals badges out of anal devastation like a certain four eyes.

Squirtle_007

Oh hell yeah.Goodra stars and Hawlucha gets a win.Well this battle is basically perfect.Now I just have to actually see it.

Pikachu getting too much hype it seemed,Hawlucha will be the fall guy it seemed?

Don't worry, people are already preparing their "Heliolisk is Clemont's weakest Pokémon", "Goodra already weakened Heliolisk" and "It doesn't matter if he gets wrecked by Luxray a minute later" cards to crap on Hawlucha even without watching the episode

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
from what i'm hearing, it sounds like it did more damage to Goodra with Dragon Tail than Luxray did with all it's moves.

Don't think so; Goodra was just about to faint along with Luxray, both looked exhausted after their battle, but the latter got DOWNe first.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
So Terrain moves are treated the same as weather?

Last time I checked, Electric Terrain (and similar moves) alters the background environment currently in effect at that time. Same thing goes with weather moves (i.e. Rain Dance).

So yes, Electric Terrain is treated the same as weather if that was what you're wondering. Rain Dance cancelling out Electric Terrain was totally legitimate.

K.N.

Animation-wise this is easily the best episode of the series so far. One great shot after another (aside from the annoying reuse of Pikachu's stock footage, but that's every episode).

I think Viola, Grant, and Ramos had more interesting battles strategy-wise though. The best part of this episode was when Ash figured out how to outmaneuver Heliolisk- classic Ash battling there. Bunnelby and Luxray were kinda anticlimatic for me, the former ended really abruptly and the latter just OHKO everyone until Goodra, who basically just stood still the whole time to charge up Bide. Using Rain Dance + Hydration was a good move from Ash though.