• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moment of Lumiose Truth! (870)

Vipsoccermaster

Decent gym battle. Loved how they carried on from their first battle in the fist episode of the XY show. Clemont is hanging out with the group, so he and Ash could always battle again elsewhere. Good to see Clemont back with the group.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
I might be wrong, but right after Goodra unleashed his massive power of Bide on Luxray, didn't Braixen say 'Fenniken'?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
They were probably busy and I was extremely glad that they didn't interrupt the Gym match since it seemed rushed enough already. :/
Either that or Clemont prepared the gym's security system to make sure they don't interrupt his battle with Ash like they did the last time (& like they almost did with Ash's battle with Korrina)

This is exactly why you should stay the hell away from the awful dub. The battles get totally ruined when all the music is gone and replaced with stuff that does not fit high intensity battles at all. The dub music editors have no clue what they are doing and should be fired along with the other clowns working on it. At least there is subs so you can watch the original in all its glory.

That's why I watch the episodes with music over the dub audio to give them the same tone as they did in the raw/sub version

Last edited:

Tabasco Boshi

★★★★★
That's why I watch the episodes with music over the dub audio to give them the same tone as they did in the raw/sub version
That sounds good but what music do you use? I mean, the official anime soundtrack hasn't been released yet. The games music, maybe?

I did a small editing in the Korrina gym battle adding Volt in the Spanish dub version. It sounds good because the music used in the dub was at low volume (and btw, It didn't fit...).

Oh, and sorry, I know this isn't the right thread. I wish there was one to talk about the music.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They made Luxray way too powerful.. Clemont shouldn't have even came close to winning, glad Goodra beat him.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
You know, speaking of music, if it's so expensive to get the raw music from Japan, why not use the game music from the CDs/iTunes release? I'll admit that I don't know much about the copyright laws regarding music for the dub, but shouldn't they at least be able to use the music from the games, themselves, since it's not edited in the games and anyone can buy the CDs or the iTunes music?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You know, speaking of music, if it's so expensive to get the raw music from Japan, why not use the game music from the CDs/iTunes release? I'll admit that I don't know much about the copyright laws regarding music for the dub, but shouldn't they at least be able to use the music from the games, themselves, since it's not edited in the games and anyone can buy the CDs or the iTunes music?

They want the anime to be original. They could've done this since the very first episode.

>Clemont dosen't let Chespin battle (Maybe because it's not an electric type, I don't know)
>Let's Bunnelby battle (Despite being a normal type, I don't know)

That doesn't mean ay sen-
>Bunnelby knows Wild Charge.
Okay. :)

I've held onto this for too long already, so I'll say it now:
Clem-bot sounds like Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This battle will be hard to beat and it is definitely my favourite so far.

This battle reminded me of a league battle between Ash and a good friend/rival. It was almost perfect, as the beginning was fantastically done by reflecting on Ash's and Clemont's first battle as well as having the action and drama throughout the whole battle. Again, it showed Ash's battle prowess and his ability to think of things on a moments notice. My only reservation was the end of the battle as I haven't decided if I liked it or not. I'm not sure if I like the way it ended with bide as it seemed passive and flat but again Luxray may have made up for that.

Anyway, excellent battle and long may them continue!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I watched part of the episode back when it aired, but it was hard to stay up early in the morning. I guess that goes for now really exciting the battle was.

I rewatched it today, and it's about the same. Hawlucha VS Heliolisk was the best match up, followed by Pikachu VS Bunnelby. Goodra was over hyped to me, didn't exactly stand out at all.

Overall, it wasn't all very exciting by the end of it. At least Ash got his badge, yay.

Pikachu52

It's not a particularly surprising or extrodinary episode. Everybody knew Ash was going to win - He had to in order to get the badge. In fact I think it's obvious to everyone Ash is the better trainer out of him and Clemont. There are a number of things bother me about Clemont that came out quite clearly in this episode:

1. Clemont despite being a gym leader and such a good battler hasn't had a serious battle in the lead up to this episode. Unlike in previous series Ash has been in most of the battles in this series so far. You'd think Clemont being a gym leader would battle more often.

2. Why on earth do HIS Pokémon obey Clembot, a souless machine. They're Pokémon not drones. Any why would they listen to Clembot rather than Clemont and lock him out of the gym in the first place. And why is Helioisk still willing to battle for Clemont when Clemont abandons it to travel with Ash and leaves it with only a machine for it's trainer and partner. Some friend you are Clemont.

3. How on earth was Luxray able to beat Hawlutcha and Pikachu. It's had much less experience than either of them. Clemont was only reunited with it a few episodes ago and it only evolved recently. Granted he's had time to train it since he's been back at the gym but the bar for beating Pikachu should be alot higher than this given how much experience Pikachu has. This is almost Pikachu vs Excadrill or Pikachu vs Panpour all over again - strenght for convince. Pikachu only lost so Goodra could have the spotlight. Granted Pikachu had battled against Bunnelby earlier but still. It probably doesn't matter given Pikachu has had the spotlight in nearly every other gym battle up to this point and has only lost twice previoulsy and Goodra probably deserved the spotlight given it gets released a few episodes from now. But I get the feeling that Luxray is being given the same treatment as Iris's Excadrill - treated as a powerhouse when it shouldn't be one when the Anime's cannon is considered.

4. Ash has already beaten Clemont in the first episode and Clemont's hardly improved since then since he doesn't battle all that often. Granted his best Pokémon were locked away in the gym at the time and he had only just caught Bunnelby.

5. By travelling with Ash Clemont is effectively abandoning the gym. At least Brock and Cilan travelled with Ash there were other family members who could be gym leader in their absence, and Brock kind of stopped being the gym leader after he left in the Original Series and never went back to it - He trained to become a doctor instead. Clemont's replacement is the Clembot, a machine that for some reason intelligent, sentient Pokémon are happy to take order from. Who ever appoints Gym leaders should fire Clemont for not doing his job and appoint some who is actually prepared to be the gym leader. Clemont's already showed he's not worthy of being gym leader when he got locked out of his own gym by a machine controlling his own Pokémon (seriously?).

6. Clemont is supposed to be the same age as Ash, yet in that time he's graduated from University, helped build a power station, become a gym leader and raised several powerful Pokémon. Did Clemont stop ageing or something. Mind you Ash has done five regions in the same space of time.

7. Clemont's the fifth Gym Leader but he seems to be weaker and less experienced than any of the other four Ash faced before him. Ash didn't really have a problem with Clemont besides Luxray and Helioiski.

My main problem with this episode is probably Pikachu vs Luxray, and to a lesser extent Hawlutcha vs Luxray. As I said, Luxray is the powerhouse who shouldn't be. This is the first time we've seen it in a real battle on screen. While it was travelling with Clemont we didn't see it battle so how did it get so strong. It can't have had that much experience either as Clemont only got it a few episodes ago. In short it's just not a Pokémon who should be considered worthy of beating Pikachu. The same thing could be said for Clemont. He's done significantly less training and battling since he left the gym and even worse his two Pokémon that he travels with, Bunnelby and Chespin, are weak and inexperienced, or at least don't spend a lot of time in battle on screen. If they wanted to use Clemont as both the Gym leader and the travelling companion, it would have made more sense to have had Ash battle Clemont for his first gym badge rather than following the games and saving him until fifth. That way there wouldn't have been an entire series and a half of episodes showing us how much better than Clemont Ash really is before setting them against each other. Or at the every least they could have introduced Luxray at the start rather than a reunion halfway through the series.

Last edited:

JudySpell

Banned
The Lumiose Gym match was feeling lackluster until Goodra versus Luxray happened. Clemont just sucks as a Gym Leader over all. 6/10

Cloud5001

Oh my god the amount of nitpicking I'm seeing is actually making my brain hurt. Seriously this battle was amazing and I thought Clemont countered Ash pretty well throughout the battle. Serena was cheering for both sides I don't know what some people were watching. Seriously people need to stop having such unrealistic standards, with each epsiode I expect it to at least be good. So when something truly exciting happens or when something really annoying happens I know I'm not just over hyping it or being unnecessarily negative.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Of course, the pattern of the gym leader's final pokémon sweeping Ash's entire team before the final pokémon of the both trainers duke it out, continues with Ramos being the only exception to the rule.

Actually, no, Viola's battle was similar to Ramos's: Ash was down 2 Pokémon to 1 and then Pikachu beat both.

This caused an uproar in the initial XY06 review thread, with dman_dustin claiming that Fletchling's win in the first gym battle should no longer count, something that seems ridiculous to me, not only because a win is a win, but also because any kind of gym win, even in a losing effort, is more than any of Ash's previous basic stage birds had gotten.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Heliolisk had a better showing, it was doing well against Goodra and had a really good showing against Hawlucha, and I'm happy that the latter got a win here after it didn't in the previous gym battle.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I was excited that we got to see the Pikachu vs Bunnelby rematch here and also seeing Heliolisk battling again. I felt that Goodra's bulkiness made a big difference near the end and I liked seeing his Hydration ability as well. ^^

I still don't get why Clemont used his Bunnelby against Ash in this Gym match when he had Dedenne, Magnemite, and Magneton as Electric-types he could've used instead. The fact that he used a Normal-type just got on my nerves.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Satoshi versus Citron at the Miare Gym was hyped for ages, although to me it didn't quite match the anticipation. I was pleased to see Citron use Elezard however, but once the Gym match reached the last round with Numelgon and Rentorar, I found the whole skirmish to be predictable.

This battle is very cool. What I have disliked about many of Ash's Gym battles this series is that Pikachu does most of the work. However, this is the one battle that I would have liked to see more of Pikachu since Pikachu is more familiar with Clemont than Ash's other Pokémon are and since Clemont specializes in Electric-type Pokémon. It was a little disappointing to see OP Goodra take down Clemont's strongest Pokémon, but Ash's win was still deserved. However I think this battle would have been much more satisfying had Ash not used Goodra.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder why Citron used his Horubee here when he had Rarecoil in reserve, which could've come in handy and would've suited the Gym's type specialty.