• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moments that were supposed to be emotional in the anime but you felt nothing

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
-Just anything that happened in the XY movies, screw all of them!

-Whenever Ash promises something, I feel nothing. Can't forgive him for crossing through Kanto multiple times, never seeing, much less, mention his Pidgeot! Did he forget he had one but not his 20 Tauros that he barely used?! Outrageous!:mad: Never trust Ash, he's a promise breaker!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

-Whenever Ash promises something, I feel nothing. Can't forgive him for crossing through Kanto multiple times, never seeing, much less, mention his Pidgeot! Did he forget he had one but not his 20 Tauros that he barely used?! Outrageous!:mad: Never trust Ash, he's a promise breaker!
I think that Ash actually did mention his Pidgeot once in remembrance during the episode where he battled the Johto Gym Leader Falkner, after he saw his Pidgeot.

Last edited:

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!

Actually, in the original Japanese script, I don’t think Ash ever made such a promise to Pidgeot; it was just something the dub added.

Still, if Ash ever gets a sendoff series, I hope he meets up with Pidgeot again.

satopi

I think that Ash actually did mention his Pidgeot once in remembrance during the episode where he battled the Johto Gym Leader Faulkner, after he saw his Pidgeot.
Actually, in the original Japanese script, I don’t think Ash ever made such a promise to Pidgeot; it was just something the dub added.

Still, if Ash ever gets a sendoff series, I hope he meets up with Pidgeot again.
I was initially joking when I made that comment but thank you for the insight!:D

One scene I remembered that was supposed to be emotional was the parting between Ash/Lillie and Nebby/Solgaleo. I didn't really feel anything. Maybe it was because Nebby wasn't really adorable to me like Poipole is in terms of his screentime. It was either a loud crying baby or teleporting somewhere. Plus when it evolved, Solgaleo was only used as transit to the Ultra Space. I also never played the Sun & Moon games as that was the main way of people connecting to the little star cloud. Maybe I'll feel something when it returns.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Not that it invalidates your point, but Ash has 30 Tauros.

DatsRight

One scene I remembered that was supposed to be emotional was the parting between Ash/Lillie and Nebby/Solgaleo. I didn't really feel anything. Maybe it was because Nebby wasn't really adorable to me like Poipole is in terms of his screentime. It was either a loud crying baby or teleporting somewhere. Plus when it evolved, Solgaleo was only used as transit to the Ultra Space. I also never played the Sun & Moon games as that was the main way of people connecting to the little star cloud. Maybe I'll feel something when it returns.

True. It felt like the writers wanted Nebby gone and over with as quick as possible, which is a shame since he felt so key to Lillie in the games.

I never quite got into the attire upgrade with Serena either, though that might be just from favouritism towards her original design. I think Lillie's way is cuter, keeping her original by default, but switching to ponytail whenever she wants to go into badass mode (similar to Ash's cap turning), and it not always having the results she wants. Again that might be because I prefer Lillie's normal design (though don't mind her interchanging with her still cute later one like a character tic either).

Last edited:

satopi

I think Lillie's way is cuter, keeping her original by default, but switching to ponytail whenever she wants to go into badass mode (similar to Ash's cap turning), and it not always having the results she wants. Again that might be because I prefer Lillie's normal design (though don't mind her interchanging with her still cute later one like a character tic either).
Yeah I like that about Lillie. She can just switch hairstyles/outfits when she feels the urge to unleash her badassery!

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I never quite got into the attire upgrade with Serena either, though that might be just from favouritism towards her original design. I think Lillie's way is cuter, keeping her original by default, but switching to ponytail whenever she wants to go into badass mode (similar to Ash's cap turning), and it not always having the results she wants. Again that might be because I prefer Lillie's normal design (though don't mind her interchanging with her still cute later one like a character tic either).
Well, Serena cut her hair, so there's no way she can switch to her long hairstyle back. As for the outfits, I saw some fanarts and I think her short hair could fit well into the original outfit, and her manga counterpart was somehow like that as well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Oh they were emotional alright. They make you laugh your heart out at the stupidity of the characters or happy that you won your bingo card/drinking game.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Oh just remembered a few more moments:

- Lillie's sudden return of her trauma at the end of SM048. It was way to random to even feel anything, and considering how she made a full recovery anyway the following episode, that so called moment of despair felt so unnecessary.

- Lillie and her moment with Clefable and her 'speech' to Lusamine. We knew about Clefable only once, and that Lillie in fact wasn't even happy about it since she wanted it remain a Clefairy. Yet, that scene is played as though Lillie and Clefable have this strong bond almost equivalent to Ash and Pikachu.

Immediately later was her BS speech to Lusamine, which was nothing but a monolouge of Lillie bitching about her mom.

satopi

Oh they were emotional alright. They make you laugh your heart out at the stupidity of the characters or happy that you won your bingo card/drinking game.
Nah, they made me cry tears of boredom and despair for forcing myself to sit through them. Specifically the Hoopa movie. Who's idea was it to literally stuff all these legendaries in one room like it'll look cool?!

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Looking back at it, I think Greninja's release was not only lacking in emotion, but felt rushed and necessary. No build up prior to this episode and the excuse felt like a last minute change. I didn't even care for the frog (Hawlucha had me covered lol) but this just had me disappointed

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Perhaps I need to reiterate on what I was saying previously. Serena’s breakdown after her showcase was not emotional for me at all whatsoever. The whole “I’m depressed and cut ny hair” thing would have been more emotional for me if maybe she had performed in other showcases and lost, instead of her first one. I don’t think Dawn’s story about losing the contests was emotional, I just think it would have been better if Serena had a similar situation when she cut her hair.

Aside from that, I don’t really find Pidgeot’s farewell to be emotional because, at the time, Ash told it he would go back for it so I was expecting to see it again. All these years later and I know how foolish I was.

Thumbs2

All non-TR releases. None of them have really hit me, as most of the released pokemon were bland or rushed. Dustox's departure gets me every time, though.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
All non-TR releases. None of them have really hit me, as most of the released pokemon were bland or rushed. Dustox's departure gets me every time, though.

Apart from Butterfree, this is completely true. You're a monster if you don't cry over Cacnea and Dustox leaving

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Apart from Butterfree, this is completely true. You're a monster if you don't cry over Cacnea and Dustox leaving

Agreed all of the team rocket's releases were pretty emotional, but arbok and weasing takes the cake. As for ash and dawn's release goodra and greninja release were rushed whereas ambipom and pidgeot releases were plain stupid and were without any reason.

satopi

I cried when Ash had to leave Charizard at the Charicific Valley, Paul releasing Chimchar (I'm tearing up just writing it), Ash releasing Goodra. emotional seeing Ash and Greninja hug before departing, and of course, when Dawn temporarily released Pachirisu... I felt bad because I wanted her to keep it and didn't know it'll come back to her.

EDIT: Also Butterfree leaving in both versions. Sobbing with snot all over just a couple of minutes ago.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The moralizing Ash and company does to the guy capturing Spewpa for Vivillon. Everyone on captures Spewpa for Vivillon. Go jump off a cliff, you guys.

If Ash actually reacted like a normal person after the Kalos league loss, I would have majorly felt that.

Basically everything. I'm not huge on feeling stuff in Pokemon.