• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Momo's Thread

BaconBoy914

Clair looks fine. You did a good job shading BTW, the only thing that bothers me is her cape, it fold weird on the inside curve

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
Clair looks fine. You did a good job shading BTW, the only thing that bothers me is her cape, it fold weird on the inside curve

Thanks :) I'll look into it and see how I can make it less awkward.

Also a small update. Did this a few seconds ago as a request:

Anabel1.gif

It's anabel from Hoenn's Battle Frontier

Stabberz

The RPG Godfather
I love the Anabel sprite. Your style just seems to go perfect with her, Will you be making other frontier brains? And what about Anime characters I would love to see some of those in your style.

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
Thanks.I think it's because I use softer callers. I dont think I'm going to do any project any time soon. The gym leaders were enough lol

SO I'm just doing random trainers and sprites. For now I made this one in a few minutes (It probably looks like that, especially the legs.) I really suck at making legs if they're no clothed lol

Karen1.gif

Karen, my favorite Elite Four ever.

EDIT: Really no one has anything to say about these? I know they're not perfect lol I'll take any criticism so long as its constructive ;)

Anywho, I went on a spriting binge while watching old Jhoto episodes and made these three:

Will.gif

Will, Idk if its my coloring or shading but I know there's something weird about him.

Casey.gif

Casey, my favorite Meganium user in the show :)

Meganium.gif

A pixel over of Meganium's new art.

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
No one has anything to say on Karen? Casey? Even Will? I mean I know there's s**t wrong with him at least lol Come on I need some help on these.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
Well, for most of your other sprites, all I can say is that they're rather amazing... I don't really want to go onto each one and comment, but I will comment on the ones in your last post.​

For Karen, all I can really say is that her hair needs to be bigger, because it's pretty big in all of her art work, not just her sprite.
For Will, his pants have a really weird shade, I'd probably use a different pallet for the red. I'd probably make his arms a bit longer too, they just look short to me.
Casey... I don't know, maybe her hair can be smoother/flatter or something? :p
That Meganium looks awesome, maybe they'll use that pose in HG/SS...probably not, but a girl can dream.
That's about it for me.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
These are soem pretty beast sprites you have here.

Karen looks amazing! The only thing I would say about her is that between her arm and torso there is color that I would say shouldn't be there. Other than that, possibly put a nose, or move the eyes closer together to make it so it doesn't look like her eyes are too far apart.

Will...is odd. The shading is bad, the proportions are bad, the lineart is bad...the whole sprite is bad. I say chuck it and start over on him. Make the shading smooth like you did with Karen, and make sure the colors' shades aren't too contrasting. The darker shade of red on will looks like the default red in MS Paint.

Casey is good, it's just that her feet are really fat. Maybe thin them down a pixel or two, like Karen's feet. Her eyes are also very far apart.

The Meganium PA is ADORABLE! I love it. The only problem I see is that you should round the top of the head a bit more and two of the petals overlap kind of oddly.
I hope I helped. ;)

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
Thnak you guys and gals so much :) I'll get to those fixes asap. Rayn_Shyu I'm with you. I hope they use that pose cuz I think it suits it a lot more than the weird jumping thing its got going on lol

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
Haven't sprited in a really long time so cut me some slack on these two. They're fakemon based on random pictures of Panda's I found online.

Panja4591387622-iaza.gif

Panja (grass)
Shogunda4778521834-iaza.gif

Shogunda (grass/fighting)

EDIT:
Last minute fakemon. I wanted to do a Koala and got this done in like 1 hour. Finding Koala pics online was harder than I thought.
impala.gif

Impala
Dark/Fighting

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
haha, it doesn't look like an impala... ")

i like your new ones, no criticism for impala, panja has the same name as one of my fakemon, haha.

i really like your panja though, its a really cool pose!

shogunda, i like the concept muy mucho, Howver, i think you should smooth out the bottom jaw. I know it should look fluffy, but the design you chose for its cheeks get the point across well enough.
it just seams cluttered around its mouth. BUT that is all! Most excellent!

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
haha, it doesn't look like an impala... ")

i like your new ones, no criticism for impala, panja has the same name as one of my fakemon, haha.

i really like your panja though, its a really cool pose!

shogunda, i like the concept muy mucho, Howver, i think you should smooth out the bottom jaw. I know it should look fluffy, but the design you chose for its cheeks get the point across well enough.
it just seams cluttered around its mouth. BUT that is all! Most excellent!

Thanks! I hadn't thought about fixing Shogunda's face but now that I did I think he looks even more panda-like.

shogundarevamp4829265138-iaza.gif

I also edited his left hand 'cause it looked weird to me.

And now for my redone Elkder idea (with Stantler so noone can say it looks too much like him lol):
234.png

Elkder12937467178-iaza.gif
-
elkder21068135074-iaza.gif

Males have silver piercings while females have jade piercings

wilycoyote64

through diamond eyes
yea thats more like it!

for elkder, i think you should move its grey muzzle down one pixel and to the left. That should make it more adult looking, i could be wrong.

I also think you should keep the old antler design and make them bigger. You apperently added to stantler's antler design, which only makes it look like stantler again.

But otherwise its really cool, you did a great shading and outlining job on this one.

ZombieMeatballs

ポケットモンスター
Wow!!! I love most of the mostly the Panja and swimp

littleshrimp.gif

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
snake1.gif
pig1.gif
otter1.gif

They're not entirely cleaned up 'cause I dont have time but here are some rips from the screenshots.

They're great sprites. :)

But one thing. Why did you name Impala...well, impala? Pokemon aren't usually just named totally after an animal like that.

Ryubane

Why yes, it exists
Erm...Seel? Dewgong? Sure, the spelling's altered, but the name is still an existing animal's.

I've never seen these sprites before on this forum, Momiji, and I must say that they are superb. Really. I'll be watching this thread for a while.

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
tatsuja2.gif
Pokabu2.gif
Mija2.gif

Hey guys (and gals)! So here are three new sprites. I'm really happy (and proud) of Pokabu and Mijumaru, Tsutaja is not really that good. basically there's nothing 'special' about it so I'm still thinking.

Edit:

When I start I can't stop! :p Here's another one
Chinchila1.gif

CuterStill.gif

Last edited:

Momiji

I hate rainbows!
Sorry for the double post. Just made this and I gotta say I freaking love Shimama!

ShimmamaCurve1.gif
ShimmamaCurveStar1.gif

Edit:
I didn't really like Munna but it's evolution made me rethink it all so here's Munna.

Minna1.gif

Edit 2:

I hate this thing but I wanted to try my hand at it. There's something wrong or awkward with him so any CC will help. Meanwhile here's Hihidaruna
Hihidaruna1.gif

And here's a cute little pixel over of a Munchlax pic I saw as an avatar but I gave him a rice ball instead of whatever it was eating before.
MunchlaxRiceBall.gif

Last edited: