• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mono-Bug Team

Forretress @ Leftovers
Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Defense / 4 Special Defense
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Rapid Spin gets rid of all the entry hazards, which in the case of a mono-Bug team can hurt. Spikes sets up entry hazards of my own, and Forretress is usually bulky enough to set up 2-3 layers. Volt Switch can help get a little bit of damage off and switch it out at the same time. Toxic is standard, usually being used on defensive Pokemon.

Armaldo @ Leftovers
Battle Armor
252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Defense
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Armaldo also has Rapid Spin because of how much I hate entry hazards, and how much Stealth Rocks do to my team. Rock Blast is useful for breaking through Substitute, and it is also STAB. Earthquake is useful as it helps against Heatran (without Air Balloon), which is a huge problem for this team. Stealth Rock is just to be a pain.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Technician
252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 Special Defense
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

Swords Dance raises Scizor's attack to dangerous levels. Roost heals up any damage that Scizor might take while setting up Swords Dance or on the switch-in. Bullet Punch is what Scizor is known for and after a Swords Dance it will hurt almost anything. Bug Bite has the most power a move can have for Technician, it is STAB, and it can also deal with any annoying berries.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Download
4 Attack / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
Hasty Nature
- U-Turn
- Ice Beam
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower

U-Turn is useful for scouting, and doing quite a bit of damage usually. Ice Beam hits some of the problem types for this team being Ground and Dragon. Bug Buzz is there for STAB. Flamethrower covers a large amount of types that are good to have something against.

Volcarona @ Passho Berry
Flame Body
96 HP / 252 Special Attack / 160 Speed
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power Ground

Quiver Dance is a deadly move. If Volcarona is capable of setting up against an opponent, it could very well be the end of the battle right there. This is why Volcarona is one of the most important members of my team. Fiery Dance is STAB and has a 50% chance of raising Special Attack by one stage. Giga Drain covers Water and Ground types. Hidden Power Ground covers Heatran, which again is a big problem with this team.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Guts (Skill Link)
252 Attack / 4 Defense / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Substitute

Close Combat is a very powerful move for a very powerful Pokemon. Pin Missile and Rock Blast have very high chances of taking out Pokemon, behind Mega Heracross' massive base 185 attack. Substitute is useful for scouting, stalling, and preventing revenge kills.

Prakhar

Normal: The abnormal
As with all types weak to flying, i see a birdspam weakness. I dont even know what ko'es it from a bug type

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
I sugest running a Crustle.

It could help deal with bird spam. It can't switch in ot it but if you set up shell smash before hand it can deal with them rather nicely.

move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Earthquake
item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
ability: Sturdy
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Ryuken

Steel User
Bird spam ( Talonflame ) Is banned in OU monotype.
However, if you decide to use this team in something like Wi-Fi, I recommend running 252 HP / 252 Def in Armaldo.

As with all types weak to flying, i see a birdspam weakness. I dont even know what ko'es it from a bug type

Even though Talonflame is banned in monotype, I do have Armaldo to go against it

252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Armaldo: 186-219 (52.5 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4+ Atk Armaldo Rock Blast (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Talonflame: 384-456 (129.2 - 153.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

A charizard could take all of those out with flamethrower and air slash.

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Armaldo in Sun: 309-364 (87.2 - 102.8%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
4+ Atk Armaldo Rock Blast (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 360-432 (121.2 - 145.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 272-324 (81.1 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Air Slash vs. +2 96 HP / 0 SpD Volcarona: 138-164 (41.1 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Volcarona Fiery Dance vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 179-211 (60.2 - 71%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

So I do have answers against Charizard Y, as well.

I sugest running a Crustle.

It could help deal with bird spam. It can't switch in ot it but if you set up shell smash before hand it can deal with them rather nicely.

move 1: Shell Smash
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Earthquake
item: Life Orb / Expert Belt
ability: Sturdy
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

What would you suggest replacing?

Bird spam ( Talonflame ) Is banned in OU monotype.
However, if you decide to use this team in something like Wi-Fi, I recommend running 252 HP / 252 Def in Armaldo.

Thanks for suggestion, I'll try that out.

Crash & Charm

Back I guess
A Crustle would serve a similar purpose to Armaldo, It just depends on which one you prefer.

You could also drop Heracross and toss Scizor a mega stone. Its worth trying but I don't quite know how well it would work. I am not terribly familiar with monotype.

Onyx Tanuki

Ma! There's a weird 'nuki in the yahd!
My first impression was to scold you for having three Bug/Steel types, but honestly, in spite of giving your team a pretty severe Fire weakness, it seems like that's actually a wise decision because it helps make two other major enemies of Bugs - Rock and Flying - largely a nonissue to you. The first of those is especially important as Stealth Rock would wreck you if you chose pokemon with more diverse typing. It also means half of your team is immune to Toxic Spikes. Literally the only hazard that's a big issue would be large stacks of Spikes and Sticky Web on your faster pokemon, meaning Forretress is really the only Spinner you'll need IMO, even accounting for the heavy use of VoltTurn on your team. If you think you could drop Spin from Armaldo, Aqua Jet would make a great alternative. On your Heracross, I honestly think it'd be better with Bullet Seed over Substitute and/or Moxie over Guts, but if Sub has proven itself, then fair enough.

VoidMiasma

The first thing I noticed was that there's two Rapid Spinners - a waste of a moveslot, in my opinion. Try replacing Rapid Spin with Stealth Rock on Forretress, and slap an Assault Vest onto Armaldo, replacing its own Stealth Rock with Aqua Jet. This will give Armaldo much more longevity, and Forretress will be given more utility in Stealth Rock.

aguilas_hhh

A critical hit!
Try to use Sticky Web Galvantula instead of Forretress.
For the others members. Illumise with Prankster can be hit very hard.