• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mono electric team

Smokin' weedle

So this is a mono electric team, based around a scarf koko. The first decision for this team was that i wanted to use koko, so i was excluded to fairy or electric. Since koko's ability helps electric I decided with that. Mono electric did give the nice aid of having only one shared weakness, but i had to watch out for mono ground teams as they are immune to my stab moves, and hit super effective with their own stab moves. Anyways, here's the team:

Tapu Koko @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Electric Surge
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Koko is a scarfed revenge killer. Terrain boosted volt switch is enough to take out most weakened mons, ground types can be killed with grass knot, and t-bolt and dazzling gleam are for stab, with t-bolt being a more powerful option over volt switch, either for if i need to stay in for a free swap or for when i fear volt switch won't kill.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Heat Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam

Zapdos is the first mon to help the team get around ground types, due to it's ground immunity. Defog is run on it because i need to stay safe from hazards, as this team requires a lot of switching. T-bolt is stab, and heat wave and signal beam are for coverage.

Eelektross @ Waterium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Aqua Tail
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

Elektross is the second way this team gets around ground, having a full immunity to it thanks to it's levitate ability. Leaving it with no weaknesses and good hp investment gives it a good opportunity to set up coil. Water-z is to quickly deal with something threatening the team, or dealing massive damage if there's no real threats. Aqua tail is to counter ground and for the z-move, drain punch is for coverage and recovery and t-punch is for stab.

Raichu-Alola @ Choice Specs
Ability: Surge Surfer
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Electro Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

Raichu-a is a good specs sweeper with surge surfer, and can be really problematic after a revenge kill from koko. Electro ball is really powerful with terrain and surfer boost, surf is to take out ground types, psyshock is additional stab and focus blast is coverage. Timid nature is to deal as much damage as possible with electro ball under terrain.

Luxray @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Fire Fang

Luxray is probably the member of this team that i use the least, mainly because it's a bit weak at times. I usually can't bring it in on most mons without being damaged real bad before guts kicks in. Thanks to high power recoil moves it's longlivety is drastically reduced.

Stunfisk @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pain Split
- Earth Power
- Scald

Stunfisk is this teams rock setter. Because electric has so many of them. Full defense investment has allowed it to tank 2 eq's from a garchomp (not sure what set they were running) pain split is for recovery, earth power is for stab and not to be completely walled by taunt users. Scald is to burn powerful physical threats, crippling them. At first I figured it wouldn't do much more then set up some rocks, but it has really made a difference in some battles.

So far this team has lost very few matches, and it appears to have a decent combination in coverage. I'm still doubting the usefulness of luxray, so any ideas what to swap it for are welcome. Needs to be physical though because I wouldn't trust elektross on taking out all special walls.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Mega Manectric if you feel like replacing Luxray unless you need a good physical attacker. Has Lightning rod and Intimidate and is one of the fastest electric types out there. If you need a Physical Attacker, I think Electivire can easily fit that role. However for me, I'd replace Luxray with Intimidate Luxray. The thing about most electric types is they aren't exactly known for there bulk. Also just for fun and an excellent switch-in if your stunfisk ever find yourself fighting a grass-type, you could try Sap Sipper Zebstrika. It's already insanely fast so you don't need motor drive and unless you feel you need something to check against strong electric attacks, lightningrod ain't that good compared to Sap Sipper since Zebstrika is more focused on attack. Problem is his physical movepool isn't that great so I recommend you throw thunderwave or toxic since you don't seem to have any status moves, except scald, at all and it would work well with Zebstrika's speed against say a Mega Salamence or Metagross with Earthquake.

Last edited: