• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MONO HOENN competitive team

Andrew Shard

Shards of Fury...
Hello everyone. I'm trying to make a momo-hoenn pokemon competitive team and I kind of want to use pokemon I like since hoenn is my favorite region. First things first: I only use Battle Spot Rules, not the Smogon tiering system so take that in account please. Here it goes then:

salamence.gif

1) Mega-Salamence
(jolly nature, intimidate ability / aerialate ability, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 defense) (item: salamencite)
- dragon dance
- return
- earthquake
- stone edge

1) Salamence is my favorite pokemon of all time and so I'm really into using it no matter what. Return is the main STAB move after it mega evolves and the boost of Dragon Dance is more then welcome since my Salamence couln't possibly love me more. Earthquake finished steel types and I run stone edge to counter zapdos. Also, I could use fire blast to take down skarmory but I don't really want to waste special defense in a naive nature and, besides, blaziken can take care of it.

sceptile.gif

2) Sceptile
(timid nature, overgrow ability, 252 special attack, 252 speed, 4 HP) (item: choice specs)
- leaf storm
- giga drain
- dragon pulse
- focus blast

2) Sceptile is my second favorite pokemon and I use it mainly for special attacking purposes. Leaf Storm wrecks everything up with a choice specs equiped or I can use giga drain to finish other pokemon and get some really nice health back instead of wasting a leaf storm PP and getting a decrease in special attack. Dragon pulse is more of a counter to dragons and a coverage move to many other types hitting with neutral damage to the majority of pokemon. Focus Blast counters steel types specially ferrothron and also gives nice coverage.

blaziken-f.gif

3) Blaziken
(adamant nature, speed boost ability, 252 attack, 252 speed, 4 HP) (item: life orb)
- protect
- swords dance
- hi jump kick
- flare blitz

3) Blaziken is a beast although it must be used carefully in my opinion since is quite frail. Protect for speed boost turn and then swords dance if I feel it's safe to take a it. If not I just use hi jump kick or flare blitz and hope for a great damage with the help of life orb. As I said, It must be used carefully since it's defenses are really bad. Also, I already said that I don't use smogon tiering system (although I use some sets) and Blaziken is one otf the thing that I don't agree in Ubers so I feel that is quite legit to use it on Battle Spot anyways since avery Blaziken I faced was easily defeated by my slowbro or milotic or even vaporeon. It's just my opinion though :)

milotic-f.gif

4) Milotic
(bold nature, marvel scale ability, 252 defense, 252 HP, 4 special attack) (item: leftovers / sitrus berry)
- scald
- ice beam
- recover
- mirror coat

4) Milotic as they say, it's the most beautifull pokemon and it is actually my third favorite pokemon after salamence and sceptile. I love to use Milotic's bulk as it gets really frustrating after some turns no matter if it is a restalk set or a revover one. This time I plan on use recover for healing. Scald to get a burn and cripple physical attackers which will fall to Milotic's major physical bulk (even better when marvel scale activates). Ice beam is for coverage on dragons and get some nice damage on ferrothron as well. As for mirror coat I use it to counter special attackers since she has no special investiment. Also, it is really really nice to sweep water pokemon that use a super effective move on Milotic. Using mirror coat, I can turn the attack right back to the user with double the damage. I also find it usefull against grass knot greninja which is pretty nice. Milotic is also here to check talonflame and as a status absorver (specially burn and paralysis) as it activates it's special ability.
The one problem is the item. Leftovers is really good but I'm already using it on sableye so sitrus berry may be used instead. I was also thinking about FLAME ORB and I really need help with this choice.

metagross.gif

5) Metagross
(adamant nature, clear body ability, 252 attack, 252 HP, 4 defense) (item: assault vest)
- meteor mash
- bullet punch
- ice punch
- earthquake

5) Metagross is another of my top FAV and I find it very useful using an assault vest set. I put maximum investment in attack for a big, BIG meteor mash damage and also to make possible revenge killing with bullet punch. HP investment is for additional bulk since I already have very fast attacker on my team I find some extra bulk very usefull, specially to counter ice beams that can defeat my salamence and sceptile. Earthquake for steel types and ice punch for dragon, flying and ground types as well-

sableye.gif

6) Sableye
(calm nature, prankster ability, 252 special defense, 252 HP, 4 defense) (item: leftovers)
- will-o-wisp
- taunt
- recover
- knock off

6) Sableye is a pokemon I never, ever used so I need particular help with these one. I'm also running a special defensive set instead of the overused defensive set since I alreay have physical bulk on my Milotic. Leftovers and recover for healing. Knock off to take out items like unfrtunate leftovers tanks, life orb attackers and berry users. Will-o-wisp to cripple physical attackers and Sableye really needs it since It has maximum investment in special defense and HP.
Some help with these last member ok?

Ok so that's that. Please share your opinion since I'm relativelly new to competitive battling. AND don't be a pain about ubers and tiering ok? Thanks :)

Last edited by a moderator: